Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Guess I will have to dust her off...

EA All Access is a really good deal IMO. I believe its $30 for the year. You get to play all the EA titles a week prior to release for 10 hours. They give you 10% off all digital copies of the game.

They also put games in the vault which you can play and download for "Free" (the cost of the subscription).

Really cool program.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

Just an FYI..the new major firmware upgrade is dropping today for the One. All of the current backwards compat 360 games are suppose to be up by midnight tonight.

Also..I cannot express how easy it is to plug and play an external HD for the One. Just plug it in, the system then asks you if you want to format it, and then it's ready. You can move stuff from the HD to the external one quickly and even run games off of it (the external drive). 

I currently have the 500gb internal One and just added an extra 1TB in storage for less than $40. 

Sony really needs to fix this mistake for their PS4. 

interesting to hear about memory problems for the PS4....if I'm reading that right (forgive me if I'm wrong)

I have digital download for Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield 4, Walking Dead, Monopoly, Black ops 3, Fallout 4, and Star Wars: Battlefront (in the que)

I've got a buttload of games downloaded directly to the PS4's HD, and have ZERO issues with space.....................................none.

Again, my bad if I took that wrong.  But if memory storage was/is a perceived "mistake" on the Sony's part with the PS4, I have yet to deal with it.  

my bad for all that typing if I'm wrong.   :P

Just an FYI..the new major firmware upgrade is dropping today for the One. All of the current backwards compat 360 games are suppose to be up by midnight tonight.

Also..I cannot express how easy it is to plug and play an external HD for the One. Just plug it in, the system then asks you if you want to format it, and then it's ready. You can move stuff from the HD to the external one quickly and even run games off of it (the external drive).

I currently have the 500gb internal One and just added an extra 1TB in storage for less than $40.

Yep. I'm currently using an WD 2TB external on my one. Formatted immediately and haven't had any issues so far.

If I am not mistaken, both systems came with a 500gb internal drive originally. Now, figure about 5-10% of it is taken up with firmware, apps, formatting loss..

Here is the install sizes for PS4 games -- http://www.finder.com/complete-list-playstation-4-install-sizes-460-titles

And here is the install size for One games - http://www.finder.com/xbox-one-install-sizes

Neither system has room for a lot (more than a dozen or so) major title installs.

So my comment was that Sony should have made it easier to use external drives. 

If you don't agree - that's fine. You're wrong. But I suspect you already know that. ;)

One article I read was that about 2/3 of all PS4 sales have come from overseas. 

Japan has nothing to do with it as console gaming is dead there.  It's all about mobile gaming over there.

Not entirely true. Microsoft is selling about 100-150 Ones a week. Sony is selling about 10000 a week there.

Of course, the Wii U, a disaster everywhere else - is outselling them both in Japan. :P

One article I read was that about 2/3 of all PS4 sales have come from overseas. 

Not entirely true. Microsoft is selling about 100-150 Ones a week. Sony is selling about 10000 a week there.

Of course, the Wii U, a disaster everywhere else - is outselling them both in Japan. :P

It was still under 2 million in Japan a couple of weeks ago.  And you know console gaming is dead there when the Wii U is outselling them both.

I see Chew was wrong, and had to go the fanboy console sales route! LOL!

I just finished Until Dawn today. Loved it. Had two people die, Matt and Jessica. I'm going to replay it again and try to get everyone to survive. Then I'll go back to playing the Uncharted Trilogy. In the meantime on my xbox one, still trying to get through Halo 5's campaign on legendary with my friends. And I'm definitely going to pick up Tomb Raider for black friday, probably get The last of Us remastered if I can find it for cheap. 

Wrong about what? External drive compatibility? Fair enough. Something I'd never use lol

You'll never use it because Sony says you can't use it.  B) Well, at least not properly. What is the use of allowing your customers use external drives only to watch movies and play songs? I won't be affected that badly when the time comes to replace the internal drive, I can do that easily. I just feel bad for all those who aren't good with technology and will just start deleting games to find HDD space. 

The stupid dl times make the external hard drive stuff a non issue to me. Just gonna be strictly a disc man from now on

I don't have one yet, but from what I hear the loading times are faster on external drives than on the xbox one HDD. 

Even with physical discs it's a pain in the ass that both systems make you install the game so you are always going to run out of space and have to delete you game. Sure you can download it again later and wait 30+ minutes to install it but nothing about that screams next gen to me.

They need to improve that prices quick fast and in a hurry before they ever think about putting a new console out

Even with physical discs it's a pain in the ass that both systems make you install the game so you are always going to run out of space and have to delete you game. Sure you can download it again later and wait 30+ minutes to install it but nothing about that screams next gen to me.

They need to improve that prices quick fast and in a hurry before they ever think about putting a new console out

Games that you download should be cheaper IMO.

Downloaded games should be at least 25% cheaper. Saves the company money, saves you money. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Hell, even is you want to go the other route...charge less for the disc and more for the download because you get it a week or so earlier.

The only reason they even make discs still is advertising.

Archived