Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Nfl.com) Gil Brandt Says Our Season Is Done

Redskins Ruckus

If I weren't a Redskins fan and had to write an article about this topic I'd include the Redskins too.

Even though we 0-3 I can't help but be optimistic just because it's too early to be apathetic watching games. I mean hell we only get 16 chances a year to watch these guys, it stinks when you're in full-on apathy mode this early. Just have to keep pretending like there's still a chance.

Anyway, this division stinks so we do have a shot. We still got 5 games left in the division and I know the Redskins won't be bending over for those games like the first two games.

Let's be optimistic for a moment and say 9-7 wins the division. We only got to go 9-4! Perfectly doable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, screw moral victories. That's been the story Ted Leonsis tries to sell to Wizards fans.

Its bad that the only good thing about the DET fiasco was that WAS didn't get beat too badly.

Hey! Get your own guy! I thought I was the only one throwing Crennel forward!  :lol:

And after a little tid bit earlier in the week, I honestly wouldn't be upset if we lost to Oakland if it meant a change was made through the bye in time for Dallas. 

Hail. 

Ha!  My guy is in my avi, bro.  I don't think he'd leave his boys at UCLA mid-season though.  Crennel is a veteran coach who would command respect and confidence of and from the players and be the right guy for the job at this point in the season.

Then, after the playoffs, TK and I will roll out to LA with the Brinks truck to pick up Lou.

I have a few sweet ZZ Top 8 tracks for the ride back home :)

I tend to agree with his points. I've always thought RG III was severely over-hyped but resigned to support him because he's "our franchise QB" and while this travesty of a team is hardly on him, I'm kind of glad he has to undergo this kind of scrutiny, it will do him great service later on his career. I won't lie, I gave up on the team at 3-6 last season, and they pulled off a miraculous finish...part of me wants to say its over...the other says we CAN do it again...but there is no logical reason to assume so. Especially with continued suspect playcalling and over all woe from Haslett. I would have said 9-7 would have given us a chance, but the Cowboys seem to be coming on, and that pains me greatly. :/

Most 0-3 teams don't make the playoffs because they are bad teams.  That's where those percentages come from.

If it's a good team feeling it's way back from an injury or a decent team with a tough schedule, I suspect those odds are much more in our favor.

But the redskins are a good team. They are 0-3 because of their quarterback. The talent is there and so is the protection. It's the quarterback. I cannot wait until Kirk Cousins truly unfolds for us, laugh at me now you'll see how this turns out.

I tend to agree with Gil's assessment. 

It's really frustrating to see the Skins, once a storied and successful franchise, to now being a perpetual bottom dweller, of the NFC East.    Last season was an exception. 

For the past 15 years, under Dan Synder, this team has consistently underachieved.  And, the trading away of draft choices for over the hill Free Agents has further crippled the rebuilding process.

There is mediocre talent across the board.  The O-Line is less than stellar.  The secondary is practically non-existent.

And, the coaches, are less than dynamic.   They simply aren't able to make half time adjustments to WIN!

Statistics darn statistics. 

However we dress them up bro', they are what they are. 

Nobody wants to know the odds on 0-4 teams making the post season. 

Hail. 

What are the odds of a team making the playoffs at 3 and 6? bet they are pretty low too.Yet this team found away last season to pull off 7 straight wins to finish the reg. season. I'm not counting this team out especially with RG3 improving every game. The biggest question mark for me is can this DC get his **** together like last season.

I agree that RGIII is about 75% effective.  He might not return to form this season but what is the alternative?  Even when he played at 100% last year the Skins 3rd down offense was sub-par because he hadn't fully developed the skills to be a complete NFL QB.  Now, at 75% we are seeing the 3rd down offensive woes with first and second down offense as well.  He's playing like a rookie but you have to go through those growing pains to get better.  It's not as if we have the luxury of letting him sit behind an experienced vet for 3-4 years!   

That works for me DC my good man. 

Just make sure you guys 'enjoy and get it on', but make sure not to get 'arrested for driving while blind.' And make sure to keep the boss man out of 'La Grange' our else we're ALL in ****!  :lol:

Hail. 

I honestly think the hardest part will be trying to keep him away from all of that Tush... or vice versa ;)

We're 0-3, not horrible analysis

It is horrible when the clown says we have no chance to turn it around.

He is a Cowboy homer..... why would you put any faith in him?

How do people lose faith so quickly in their team? All I've seen dominating this board lately is whiners and complainers doing their best Frenchman imitation and surrendering quickly. :rolleyes:

I still had the faith when we were 3-6 that the Redskins would turn it around last season and the team did. 

I have the same faith this season that we will do it again.

Keep the faith. :)

The quickness and speed that made opposing defenses worry that RGIII might take off and run aren't there this year; defenders aren't biting on fakes, because they know he's not running. This makes it harder for RGIII to complete as many intermediate throws as he did last season, as safeties and linebackers aren't taking the bait like they once did.

Well, I guess, in his estimation, Robert is useless at the position without being able to run ... this I find to be a ****ed up statement.  Robert statement.  He must not think he has either the intelligence and/or QB skills to be a pocket passer. 

But the redskins are a good team. They are 0-3 because of their quarterback. The talent is there and so is the protection. It's the quarterback. I cannot wait until Kirk Cousins truly unfolds for us, laugh at me now you'll see how this turns out.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.  I hate to burst everyone's bubble about Cousins but he's not that good.  I hate it when I hear  "put in Cousins".  If you honestly think Cousins is the solution then you're not watching the same Redskins team I have this year.  If we had Payton Manning at QB I'm not sure we would have more than 1 win so far this year. Our team is just not very good right now. I'm not throwing in the towel, but saying that QB is the reason we are 0-3 is unfounded to say the least. I'll put Cousins in the same ballpark as a Matt Cassel or Alex Smith from a couple years ago.  Cousins is a decent QB but I am not overly impressed with him.  RGIII is our only hope.  If he doesn't turn it around we're screwed for seasons to come.  HTTR

Well, I guess, in his estimation, Robert is useless at the position without being able to run ... this I find to be a ****ed up statement.  Robert statement.  He must not think he has either the intelligence and/or QB skills to be a pocket passer. 

I think he's perfectly accurate.  He never mentioned anything about intelligence.  The fact is that the go to play for this offense was the quick slant off the play fake and last year it seemed it was wide open.  This year, not so much.

It is horrible when the clown says we have no chance to turn it around.

He is a Cowboy homer..... why would you put any faith in him?

How do people lose faith so quickly in their team? All I've seen dominating this board lately is whiners and complainers doing their best Frenchman imitation and surrendering quickly. :rolleyes:

I still had the faith when we were 3-6 that the Redskins would turn it around last season and the team did. 

I have the same faith this season that we will do it again.

Keep the faith. :)

Yes I agree with this 100%

Thank You

Hail

Look, here is the deal plain and simple.  

The Redskins are 0-3.  There are 13 games left to be played.

The season isn't over unless the team believes it's over.

Anybody think the team believes the season is over?

I don't listen to analyst this early in the season, If we are struggling in the game against Dallass in week 5, then the season is done.

Never put stock in a team in the first 3-4 games of the year, no matter who they are.

and anybody who is a fan of the Redskins should know better.  How many times have we seen good ball out of them in September, only to drop some games in October, and then the wheels fall off in November and December?  

I have a good feeling this year it's going to be the opposite.

Are you kidding? One of the worst defenses the NFL has ever seen.

But yeah, it's totally just the QB getting over a mental block. The delusion around here is amazing. This is a bad football team.

Are you kidding? One of the worst defenses the NFL has ever seen.

But yeah, it's totally just the QB getting over a mental block. The delusion around here is amazing. This is a bad football team.

Our defense is struggling so far no doubt...but it is essentially the same defense that we had last year when we won the NFC East. We have our issues but to say that this is a bad football team overall...I wouldn't go that far. I would wait to lay judgement on this team until we see how the team performs with an RG that is back to 100% mentally and physically.

That and getting a new DCoord would help too.

While I listen to Gil Brandt, still take what he says with a grain of salt as I think he is a Cowgirl homer through and through.  So....not a stretch to read how he would predict that the Skins season is pretty much over.

That said, the team has done little to prove him wrong thusfar.  And, while I think RGIII will get better over the season....not so sure that the rest of the issues will be so readily corrected.  Stupid personal fouls, to many turnovers, lack of tackling skills, problems with defense/secondary and Oline pass pro issues that were there last season, but masked to a large extent by the play of RGIII and our offense.  Last season, we got a lot of breaks that we are not getting this season.....for example, last season RGIII fumbles around the end zone into the arms of Morgan, who scores.  This season, RGIII fumbles into a crowd of Lions.  Last season RGIII got lucky on some passes....see Moss's reception over 2 eagles as one example....this season he almost has as many picks as all of last season. 

Personally, I prefer the analysis from Kirwan and Polian....even gannon.......think they are currently a bit closer in touch with the game than Brandt is.....

Archived