Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If I was advising her, I would have her answer every thing he says with something like this-

"Donald brings up a very important issue with (insert anything, for ex- immigration).  But instead of impossible proposals, I am going to do this....."

And say it every time.  That way she acknowledges the problems Trumps supports think exist, and offers them an option.

If I was advising Trump, I would tell him to talk about the things that make her untrustworthy at every possible chance.  Real or imagined.  

I think Trump will pretty much do exactly that. I can't imagine him not calling her Crooked Hillary most of the night.

I'm recording the debate cause I have a hockey game. Probably will be able to watch the first 20 minutes before I have to go.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We're all going to be in for a shock when Hillary's entire opening statement is about how small Trump's penis is and she spends the evening calling him Lil' Dick Donald.

That would be the greatest thing ever.

First thing I'm going to do after my game is check in here to see how it went.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm recording the debate cause I have a hockey game. Probably will be able to watch the first 20 minutes before I have to go.

That would be the greatest thing ever.

First thing I'm going to do after my game is check in here to see how it went.

Yeah, honestly, not sure I want to watch.  The American public has let me down thus far, and I'm worried that she'll cough once and that's all we'll talk about until the 2nd debate.  It'll be like the "sighs" from 2000 that helped push Bush 43 into the White House.

Not sure I want to watch 90 minutes where one person tries to explain actual policy, the other one lies, and I can pinpoint he exact moment the US will lose its collective mind and decide to vote for an authoritarian.  That sounds depressing.  I feel like after a long day at work I might prefer just watching the Caps and/or Saints/Falcons in the hopes that Brees puts up 26 fantasy points and saves my fantasy week.

56 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I'm seriously envious of you. No matter how hard I try I just can't get any pleasure or entertainment out of this election.

I was in that rut, now I just don't care.

rather liberating.

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We're all going to be in for a shock when Hillary's entire opening statement is about how small Trump's penis is and she spends the evening calling him Lil' Dick Donald.

Even better if he whipped it out after that.....or fumbled trying to find it.

it will probably be boring.knowing my luck.

44 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont know what "conservative" means anymore.  It's being well defined by the media and the left as "crazy angry white people".

Actually, they don't need the media or anyone else to do that for them. They're doing a damn good job of it on their own. If you don't believe it, just ask David Duke et al. They sure seem to have bought into it.

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is what happens when you let Boomer generation Tea Party people take over your platform a decade ago. They got you short term gains and mostly at the local and state level but their national platform is very divisive. And it's a total no-go to a lot of the next two generations of voters. 

Adapt or die. 

I'd say they let Honey Boo Boo take over the party but we're in the same general neighborhood.:)

Hill Dog has a bit of a tightrope to walk between being aggressive without being seen as b****y. However, I think her best strategy would be to use her well-practiced responses to parry his attacks and simply ask him "Mr. Trump, you've said ______. I agree that's an issue/problem. Could you please explain to us specifically how you're going to do that?" She and Lester Holt for that matter should do everything in their power to drag him kicking and screaming into a discussion on specifics. She should do it because it advantages her and Lester should do it because the public needs to see him give details on his foolishness. Even if you're someone who agrees with him, "It's gonna be great. We're gonna win so much you won't be able to stand it." etc. shouldn't be enough for you to give him your vote. OTOH I have a sneaking suspicion most of them don't give a damn about immigration, taxes, the debt, or any of it. They just want to return the presidency to a white male - the natural order of things....in their minds anyway.

52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is what happens when you let Boomer generation Tea Party people take over your platform a decade ago. They got you short term gains and mostly at the local and state level but their national platform is very divisive. And it's a total no-go to a lot of the next two generations of voters. 

Adapt or die. 

This. This, this, this. My God, it's as if Republicans loathe the younger generations so much that they want to keep them as far away from their party as possible. Even younger Republicans acknowledge man-man climate change and support LGBT rights.

36 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Not sure I want to watch 90 minutes where one person tries to explain actual policy, the other one lies, and I can pinpoint he exact moment the US will lose its collective mind and decide to vote for an authoritarian.  That sounds depressing.  I feel like after a long day at work I might prefer just watching the Caps and/or Saints/Falcons in the hopes that Brees puts up 26 fantasy points and saves my fantasy week.

Pretty much. People on here who are expecting Trump to throw up on himself tonight are going to be disappointed.

Donald and Melania need to start measuring the drapes for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  This election was lost during the summer when the Clinton campaign decided to more or less sit on their lead.  Robby Mook should be investigated for larceny for getting a paycheck from Hillary. She MIGHT be able to reintroduce herself positively to the voting public......who knows.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Pretty much. People on here who are expecting Trump to throw up on himself tonight are going to be disappointed.

Donald and Melania need to start measuring the drapes for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  This election was lost during the summer when the Clinton campaign decided to more or less sit on their lead.  Robby Mook should be investigated for larceny for getting a paycheck from Hillary. She MIGHT be able to reintroduce herself positively to the voting public......who knows.

Sitting on a lead and getting overly comfortable, only to have your opponent sneak up behind you in the second half and give your supporters a heart attack?

Guys, I know who's really running the Clinton campaign.

ss_turninl.jpg

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I don't think it's necessarily over, remember, Romney looked pretty good after the first debate (indeed, data shows that non-incumbents tend to look good after the first debate generally) but that faded as Obama stopped playing around in debates 2 and 3 (and that happens generally too).

I do think this is an opportunity for her to put herself ahead, and probably hold it.  She unfortunately is being judged by completely different standards, and so has to be perfect, but if she can pull it off, finding the balance between zingers against Trump, defending herself, and legitimate policy discussions she should look pretty good generally.

It would be rather sweet karma if Trump had a long coughing fit tonight, but I don't really expect it.

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

You keep saying this. Would you care to make a wager?

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I don't think it's necessarily over, remember, Romney looked pretty good after the first debate (indeed, data shows that non-incumbents tend to look good after the first debate generally) but that faded as Obama stopped playing around in debates 2 and 3 (and that happens generally too).

I do think this is an opportunity for her to put herself ahead, and probably hold it.  She unfortunately is being judged by completely different standards, and so has to be perfect, but if she can pull it off, finding the balance between zingers against Trump, defending herself, and legitimate policy discussions she should look pretty good generally.

It would be rather sweet karma if Trump had a long coughing fit tonight, but I don't really expect it.

They talked about that today a lot on ATC. Unfortunately, there are a lot of implicit and even explicit things Sec. Clinton has to consider that Donald Trump doesn't and, yes, it comes back to gender. She can't be too "stern" or "shrill" but she also can't be too flippant or else she won't be taken seriously.

Not gonna lie - I'm low-key rooting for her tonight. Not a big fan of some of her platform planks but she's probably going to be the only adult in the room who can and will talk about policy.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Post-debate 4-way polling should be interesting.

I suspect a solid 5-6% of Gary's support will stick with him until the bitter end, but that leaves 4-7% to divide itself.  Him not making the debate stage will likely push some people back into the top two, which begs the question, as we approach the election, if Gary keeps missing the stage, will Clinton's numbers improve?

Which also presents an interesting scenario.  Should both flop tonight, could Gary suddenly find himself at 15%?

They can't both flop because one of them will win the Presidency.  All Gary needs to do is get 5% and set up his party for the future; when somebody better could run.  Gary is just too loopy to attract anything more than he has now.  Part of is support now is clearly the Ant-Hillary/Trump vote.  

What happens with the polls; depends on the debate.  Trump could basically end any chance he has tonight.  Yes, they are 3 debates but if Trump is his usual self; that should turn off enough people.  He won't be able to recover in a second or third debate.  Hillary could shake off a bad performance and get more chances in Debates 2 or 3.  Why not Trump?  Most people have made up their minds on Trump and remaining undecideds will get their look tonight.  If Trump is his usual self; I don't see how anyone can still be undecided after tonight.  

I can't watch this fiasco.   We all know what is coming.  

Trump will barf out complete nonsense and people will say he seemed "decisive" and "really connected with the audience."  Hillary will counter with facts and detailed policy, and people will say she was "boring" and "****y" and "didn't smile enough" or "her smile seemed fake."

I'm hiding in my bunker, preparing to slit my throat.  

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You keep saying this. Would you care to make a wager?

Sacks, PM me and we'll discuss. Perhaps if we find ourselves at the same Skins game (I'm going to the next three home ones, but that's all I have planned so far this season), I'll find you and buy you a beer if HRC can somehow pull this out. But I've always thought this thing was a 50-50 chance, and I'm seeing this thing now as being more Trump's to lose than the other way around.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont know what "conservative" means anymore.  It's being well defined by the media and the left as "crazy angry white people".

Dont know if that's the definition of "conservative". But it seems to be the definition of "people who vote in Republican primaries". 

Maybe the definition of "conservative" is "people who will vote for Donald Trump, if he has an R after his name"?  Would that make you feel better?  

:) 

Archived