Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

53 minutes ago, PCS said:

I'm thinking for the debate moderators,it would have been a good idea to have them try to moderate a game day thread here for practice. Good experience for anything Trump's involved in. ;) 

or any thread made within 36 hours of the game ending :)

Just now, No Excuses said:

Tonight is the death of American political discourse and of facts in general. Newt Gingrich and truthiness won.

If the worst thing for our country (politically speaking) is for Trump to win, the second worse thing is for him to lose in any way other than a complete blowout. It'll just serve to encourage this type of bull**** in the near future.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

If the worst thing for our country (politically speaking) is for Trump to win, the second worse thing is for him to lose in any way other than a complete blowout. It'll just serve to encourage this type of bull**** in the near future.

I don't think it matters whether he wins or loses. Trumpism isn't going away. It's here to stay.

This just came across on my twitter feed. Oh goody, there is literally a partisan divide on fact checking. :rofl89:

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Been at the gym on the bike. This thing has a TV set to foxnews. 20 minutes of how Hillary is trying to rig the debate by pressuring the moderator and the press to fact check Donald's statements.

Forget the moderator. When it comes to Trump and Hillary we need the debate in Running Man style...

tumblr_ncwcvhrPYF1te4hiqo1_400.gif

22 minutes ago, Predicto said:

This is NOT true.  I have explained this 50 times on this board.   It is utter nonsense.  

Of course you have and anything you claim is the absolute unvarnished truth. This type of political attack is a well know tactic.

Often a campaign will use outside organizations, such as lobby groups, to launch attacks. These can be claimed to be coming from a neutral source and if the allegations turn out not to be true the attacking candidate will not be damaged if the links cannot be proven. Negative campaigning can be conducted by proxy. For instance, highly partisan ads were placed in the 2004 U.S. presidential election by allegedly independent bodies like MoveOn.org and Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_campaigning

Thanks for the Wiki lesson on negative campaigning, aRedskin.  Donald Trump jumped feet first into the birther issue long after it was dead.  So he is either an ignorant ****ing moron or a cynical, amoral opportunist. (I vote both.) Further, his statements during his whole birther escapade were demonstrably false. So he gave us an early indication of what a bald-faced liar he is to boot.  So **** him, and **** anybody who would defend his despicable slandering of the President of the United States.

Just now, Dan T. said:

Thanks for the Wiki lesson on negative campaigning, aRedskin.  Donald Trump jumped feet first into the birther issue long after it was dead.  So he is either an ignorant ****ing moron or a cynical amoral opportunist. Further, his statements during his whole birther issue were demonstrably false. So he gave us an early indication of what a liar he is to boot.  So **** him, and **** anybody who would defend his despicable slandering of the President of the United States. 

aREDSKIN is projecting. He was one of the people pushing birtherism. A proud member of the basket of deplorables, maybe having second doubts about being a part of that group? Who knows. But it's clearly projection.

@aREDSKIN  of course negative campaiging exists.   But that doesn't mean that negative campaigning is the explanation for every single thing that ever happens.

The birther lie started on the far right FreeRepublic website.   It spread to conservative blogs.  Then a low level Hillary volunteer named Phil Berg started repeating it.  He is a nutter who believes in every conspiracy theory, and he had just switched his allegiance from Ron Paul to Hillary.  He filed a lawsuit and it took off from there.   The Clinton campaign did not start it and they did not fan the flames.   And after a while, birtherism died down - until Donald Trump jumped aboard with both feet and kept it alive for 5 more years. 

Trying to pin this one on Hillary is a ridiculous example of false equivalency.   I have the facts, and you quite literally have no idea what you are talking about, but you just called me a liar.    You are a microcosm of what the internet is doing to our culture.  

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Been at the gym on the bike. This thing has a TV set to foxnews. 20 minutes of how Hillary is trying to rig the debate by pressuring the moderator and the press to fact check Donald's statements.

But don't worry. The press hasn't been fact checking Trump, the whole campaign. It's really unlikely that they'll start, today. 

This whole fact checking thing from the other day is mind numbing. Obviously the Trump camp knows they have a credibility issue going into this campaign and have started this controversy leading into it. It's kind of like Phil Jackson going to the officials during a press conference, "Hey Michael isn't getting any fouls called on him. The defenders are basically molesting him." The next game, wow calls in their favor. 

So this whole thing makes me sick that it is so easy to rally the base behind something so silly, and yet they've (alt-right) fallen for the bait and made it an issue. Tonight is going to be a s$%t show from the start and be a sad commentary on our society as a whole. In fact this whole election process has been. The most sane person in the mix, Gary Johnson, has proven to be a bit of a whackadoodle the last couple weeks. 

Both have credibility issues, but the press never really actually fact checks him on the nightly news. I wonder if they're afraid of being painted even more liberal.

49 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Thanks for the Wiki lesson on negative campaigning, aRedskin.  Donald Trump jumped feet first into the birther issue long after it was dead.  So he is either an ignorant ****ing moron or a cynical, amoral opportunist. (I vote both.) Further, his statements during his whole birther escapade were demonstrably false. So he gave us an early indication of what a bald-faced liar he is to boot.  So **** him, and **** anybody who would defend his despicable slandering of the President of the United States.

But don't you understand?  If the entire Republican Party spends four years running in circles, laughing maniacally, while clutching birtherism to their chests, they cannot be blamed for it, if they can find one Democrat, somewhere, who mentioned it once. 

It's a well known fact. 

Well, a conservative fact. 

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

This whole fact checking thing from the other day is mind numbing. Obviously the Trump camp knows they have a credibility issue going into this campaign and have started this controversy leading into it. It's kind of like Phil Jackson going to the officials during a press conference, "Hey Michael isn't getting any fouls called on him. The defenders are basically molesting him." The next game, wow calls in their favor. 

So this whole thing makes me sick that it is so easy to rally the base behind something so silly, and yet they've (alt-right) fallen for the bait and made it an issue. Tonight is going to be a s$%t show from the start and be a sad commentary on our society as a whole. In fact this whole election process has been. The most sane person in the mix, Gary Johnson, has proven to be a bit of a whackadoodle the last couple weeks. 

Both have credibility issues, but the press never really actually fact checks him on the nightly news. I wonder if they're afraid of being painted even more liberal.

I ain't worried.  Hillary Clinton will fact-check the **** out of him real time. 

Archived