Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

This was a vendor?  Jesus.

from facebook:

Bloomsburg Fair

3 hrs · 

Bloomsburg Fair President Paul Reichart has issued a statement in reference to earlier posts on our Facebook wall regarding the questionable flag that a vendor was displaying at the fairgrounds:

"We were initially unaware of the flag and other merchandise being displayed by a vendor on our fairgrounds. Most posts were made after midnight, and as soon as we were made aware of it early this morning, we took the appropriate action with the vendor to remove those items. Unfortunately, we have over 1200 vendors on our fairgrounds and it’s difficult to monitor each one individually. Whenever someone brings something like this to our attention, we always discuss it with the vendor and take any steps to maintain a family-fun atmosphere at our fair."

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

@aREDSKIN  of course negative campaiging exists.   But that doesn't mean that negative campaigning is the explanation for every single thing that ever happens.

The birther lie started on the far right FreeRepublic website.   It spread to conservative blogs.  Then a low level Hillary volunteer named Phil Berg started repeating it.  He is a nutter who believes in every conspiracy theory, and he had just switched his allegiance from Ron Paul to Hillary.  He filed a lawsuit and it took off from there.   The Clinton campaign did not start it and they did not fan the flames.   And after a while, birtherism died down - until Donald Trump jumped aboard with both feet and kept it alive for 5 more years. 

Trying to pin this one on Hillary is a ridiculous example of false equivalency.   I have the facts, and you quite literally have no idea what you are talking about, but you just called me a liar.    You are a microcosm of what the internet is doing to our culture.  

Here's' "Fact Check's" explanation of the "birther issue" and the seeds of it.  The right may have run with it but really isn't that what this type of attack is all about.

"It is certainly interesting, and perhaps historically and politically relevant, that “birther” advocacy may have originated with supporters of Hillary Clinton — especially since many view it as an exclusively right-wing movement. But whether those theories were advocated by Clinton and/or her campaign or simply by Clinton “supporters” is an important distinction"

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/was-hillary-clinton-the-original-birther/

And no I didn't call you a liar. But interpret it as you wish.

8 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Here's' "Fact Check's" explanation of the "birther issue" and the seeds of it.  The right may have run with it but really isn't that what this type of attack is all about.

"It is certainly interesting, and perhaps historically and politically relevant, that “birther” advocacy may have originated with supporters of Hillary Clinton — especially since many view it as an exclusively right-wing movement. But whether those theories were advocated by Clinton and/or her campaign or simply by Clinton “supporters” is an important distinction"

You do realize that article totally shoots down your argument, right? Is this your way of apologizing? That would make you a bigger man than Donald Trump.

3 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Whatever.   "Of course you have and anything you claim is the absolute unvarnished truth."    Sorry I misread your words.  

The factcheck people didn't dig deep enough.  Birtherism did not "originate" with supporters of Hillary Clinton and it was not advocated by Clinton or the Clinton campaign.   Yes, of the millions of people dumb enough to fall for birtherism, a tiny handful of the early ones were delusional Clinton supporters.  

98 percent of birthers are/were conservatives or those infowars conspiracy theorists who are neither conservative or liberal but believe every goddamn stupid thing anyone claims.   And their leader for 5 years was Donald J. Trump.  

Trying to turn it back on Clinton is an entirely expected political move from the Trump people, but that doesn't make it any less bullcrap.

Post-debate 4-way polling should be interesting.

I suspect a solid 5-6% of Gary's support will stick with him until the bitter end, but that leaves 4-7% to divide itself.  Him not making the debate stage will likely push some people back into the top two, which begs the question, as we approach the election, if Gary keeps missing the stage, will Clinton's numbers improve?

Which also presents an interesting scenario.  Should both flop tonight, could Gary suddenly find himself at 15%?

I fully expect everything Trump says will get a free pass tonight. And every cough or (gasp) stumble by Clinton will be micro examined to death by Fox News and Breitbart et al.

When your candidate really has nothing worthy to support (nor gray matter between his ears), you must always fall back on highlighting any weaknesses of your opponent ad nauseum. 

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Bloomberg TV is going to fact check both candidates in real time. That's the channel I am going to watch.

Clinton should make no effort to fact check Trump at all. She should concentrate on her and the Democratic Platform.

Considering the masses would remember Trump calling Hillary a liar over and over and never fully understand the truthiness of his comment - I would disagree. I think she needs to defend herself when Trump calls her crooked..or sick..or whatever. Sadly, that's what the voting public has become. They need 5 minute (or second) sound bites to make their decision.

Tonight can go in so many different directions.  I cant wait.

Im recording as many stations post debate spin room coverage as I can so I can enjoy for days.

If Hillary doesnt go after him, she could be seen as weak, if she does, she could be seen as ****y.

I think it's hysterical listening to each sides minions play the pre debate expectation game.

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I fully expect everything Trump says will get a free pass tonight. And every cough or (gasp) stumble by Clinton will be micro examined to death by Fox News and Breitbart et al.

When your candidate really has nothing worthy to support (nor gray matter between his ears), you must always fall back on highlighting any weaknesses of your opponent ad nauseum. 

Trump's supporters would rather hang out with Putin than with Obama if given the choice. My cousin literally said this to me (I called him un-American afterward).

Does not matter at all what Trump says at all so I expect him to lie is *** off and get away with it completely. For that reason, I think polls will show he wins the debate. I'm lowering my own expectations so I won't be surprised or stunned even though Hillary will in fact destroy him.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Considering the masses would remember Trump calling Hillary a liar over and over and never fully understand the truthiness of his comment - I would disagree. I think she needs to defend herself when Trump calls her crooked..or sick..or whatever. Sadly, that's what the voting public has become. They need 5 minute (or second) sound bites to make their decision.

She would be spending all her time debunking Trump's comments. Kinda like what happened with Lauer, he used up a bunch of her time on the email nonsense. 

She needs to get the platform and her policies out there.

This is politics, involving the election of the President, not some audition for Trump's reality show. It needs to be treated as such.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Im recording as many stations post debate spin room coverage as I can so I can enjoy for days.

If Hillary doesnt go after him, she could be seen as weak, if she does, she could be seen as ****y.

I think it's hysterical listening to each sides minions play the pre debate expectation game.

Image result for end of the world drinking

Image result for end of the world drinking

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm seriously envious of you. No matter how hard I try I just can't get any pleasure or entertainment out of this election.

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Bloomberg TV is going to fact check both candidates in real time. That's the channel I am going to watch.

Clinton should make no effort to fact check Trump at all. She should concentrate on her and the Democratic Platform.

She should basically ignore him and focus on a positive vision for the country. Don't be defensive at all. Contrast some but stay on her own message.

And when he attacks, she should say "when it comes to Trumps attacks, I learned this from President Obama" and do the Obama shoulder brush. That would guarantee he victory in the debate.

If I was advising her, I would have her answer every thing he says with something like this-

"Donald brings up a very important issue with (insert anything, for ex- immigration).  But instead of impossible proposals, I am going to do this....."

And say it every time.  That way she acknowledges the problems Trumps supports think exist, and offers them an option.

If I was advising Trump, I would tell him to talk about the things that make her untrustworthy at every possible chance.  Real or imagined.  

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Still mad that your party deserted you? :D

Hard to believe that in 1980, Reagan was the most conservative of the potential GOP candidates. Now he'd be middle of the pack..or worse an unelectable impossible to make it through the nominations moderate. 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Still mad that your party deserted you? :D

Hard to believe that in 1980, Reagan was the most conservative of the potential GOP candidates. Now he'd be middle of the pack..or worse. 

I dont know what "conservative" means anymore.  It's being well defined by the media and the left as "crazy angry white people".

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont know what "conservative" means anymore.  It's being well defined by the media and the left as "crazy angry white people".

This is what happens when you let Boomer generation Tea Party people take over your platform a decade ago. They got you short term gains and mostly at the local and state level but their national platform is very divisive. And it's a total no-go to a lot of the next two generations of voters. 

Adapt or die. 

Archived