Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

Am I the only one that was not that impressed with the Eagles offense?  Yes, McCoy did look shifty and ran the ball well, but in the first half I think our awful execution on offense gift wrapped those 33 points for the Eagles.  If we could have sustained any kind of drive, at least a 7 or 8 play drive our defense could have had a little rest.  And if you look at the Eagles TD drives in the first half (1 play - 25 yards, 5 plays 62 yards, 9 plays 44 yards), and their first TD of the 2nd half (2 plays - 30 yards), that again is a product of us giving them good field position.  I will admit the first TD of the 2nd half was on our D, they were fresh after halftime and just whiffed on those tackles, but again it was a very short field.  

Overall I'm not too worried, 0 - 2 is a very real possibility after next week, and I still won't be too worried, remember 3 - 6 last year?

Am I the only one that was not that impressed with the Eagles offense?  Yes, McCoy did look shifty and ran the ball well, but in the first half I think our awful execution on offense gift wrapped those 33 points for the Eagles.  If we could have sustained any kind of drive, at least a 7 or 8 play drive our defense could have had a little rest.  And if you look at the Eagles TD drives in the first half (1 play - 25 yards, 5 plays 62 yards, 9 plays 44 yards), and their first TD of the 2nd half (2 plays - 30 yards), that again is a product of us giving them good field position.  I will admit the first TD of the 2nd half was on our D, they were fresh after halftime and just whiffed on those tackles, but again it was a very short field.  

Agreed. They got us, but they took their foot off our throat, after we made it really easy for them to crush us. Why that was, we don't know, but by the 4th quarter, what I saw was a team that was tired, had more incompletions/clock stoppages and were easier to defend, and a QB that already looked hurt. The offense did them no favors for the entire first half. That game should've been 50-7. So if there's any silver lining to be had here, it's that.

Overall I'm not too worried, 0 - 2 is a very real possibility after next week, and I still won't be too worried, remember 3 - 6 last year?

I don't know, they had some holes that were enormous.   Short field or not, they didn't have a whole lot of difficulty moving the ball.

RG said that the league kept calling the Skins sideline and telling him that he needed to cover up his brace better with his pants and his sock.

The NFL can go to hell, man! What a bunch of nitpicky bull**** that this Goodell league has gotten into!

Noticed that Rashard Mendenhall wore his brace on the outside of his uniform, it was very obvious as the announcers commented on it during the game.

WTF is wrong with the NFL getting on the Redskins for every little thing?

Noticed that Rashard Mendenhall wore his brace on the outside of his uniform, it was very obvious as the announcers commented on it during the game.

That's what I'm saying. Can anyone confirm if Brady wore his brace exposed when he came back from injury?

Goodel is a joke. The league will be much better off after that clown is gone. Can you guys with Twitter please Twitter the NFL and let them know how stupid they are?

He's not going anywhere. He's made the NFL many times richer than they already were, that's all they care about.

sure they benefited from good field position but lets not act like the Eagles did not straight up beat them at the point of the attack most of the night

1st drive of both halfs(fumble td nonwithstanding)

It's that rat****, Mara! Thus the reason that we must DESTROY the G'nats twice (again) this season!

I haven't read the thread, but I am wholly disappointed in the team's performance last night. I booed the players when they came off the field at half-time, and then again at the end of the game.

As for people leaving early. I could really care less. They paid for their ticket and can do as they please. I can only worry about myself. The only caveat I can provide is that this fan-base has conditioned itself for this. It's a defacto reaction to when our team gets dominated. 

Turn in your fan card, or jump on the Philthy bandwagon. There is NO excuse for booing a team in week one that just won the NFC-EAST!

As to the fans "preconditioned" .. re-read my first sentence!

I haven't read the thread, but I am wholly disappointed in the team's performance last night. I booed the players when they came off the field at half-time, and then again at the end of the game.

As for people leaving early. I could really care less. They paid for their ticket and can do as they please. I can only worry about myself. The only caveat I can provide is that this fan-base has conditioned itself for this. It's a defacto reaction to when our team gets dominated.

I don't care how much face paint and costumes you dress yourself up in, I dont see how you can sit there and boo them coming off the field after nearly coming back and putting themselves in position to win. Yeah it started out rough but they played hard and got back in it. That's pathetic.

That's what I'm saying. Can anyone confirm if Brady wore his brace exposed when he came back from injury?

The Eagles asked the referees to have RG3 cover the brace up because it was a safety hazard for their players. The rule is apparently if the opposing teams feels it could be dangerous and requests it, the player must cover it up. That is why the NFL called the Redskins and had him cover it up. Just an annoyance by Chip Kelly no doubt.

This was from LL twitter

Never said he did. But he gradually played better as the game went along. There's no need to panic.

I think it's silly to start pointing fingers at the coach for not playing him in preseason. Shanahan wasn't about to play him after the criticism he received for leaving him in the Seattle game.

he played better in the 2nd half and i agree with you.  if Kai makes that FG its a 3 pt game with 8 to go

Fact 1:  We beat Philly 31-6 at home last year.  Should have been an easy win yesterday.

Fact 2: Philly was up 33-7 on us before Shanahan instituted a KILL ORDER

Fact 3: If the team is going to play around and let teams humiliate them before waking up, how can you expect the fanbase to respect that.

Fact 4: Our strength and conditioning program SUCKS.  We got outmuscled in the trenches big time.

Yeah I should know better. Just wish people had more faith in the team. I mean seeing posts to bench Griffin early in the game was ridiculous.

I know we put the Extreme in Extremskins but was hoping last season might have given people a shred of faith.

Then again, the game day thread is never where you want to go if hoping for any rational thought.

Oh, and we are going to crush those sissy cheese heads

I agree with you. I think the attitude of, "that's just extreme skins during game day" excuses the utterly juvenile and stupid posting that's 99% of the gameday threads. It shouldn't be acceptable. Posters have got to police themselves and make a concerted effort not to post like children.

I know there is good discussion to be had because there are worthwhile posters in the community. I'd love to be able to talk to them as the events of the game unfold. I'd love to get some insight about what we're doing, what the other team is doing, etc., during the game. To see the game through different sets of eyes. There just aren't many of these posters, and if they post in the game day threads, they are completely drowned out by the tidal wave of dumbass coming from most of the keyboards.

It doesn't get like that in the threads for any of the other teams/sporting events on ES. There is just a culture of stupidity and immaturity in the stadium during games, and in this thread in particular, that's exacerbated by the high volume of posts, and that lowers the collective IQ by about half and makes the thing unreadable.

I feel sorry for the mods on and around game days. Their task is truly Sisyphean.

this thread makes me want to vomit, moreso than the game last night.

The fair weather fandom is sickening.

HTTR

Twenty years of typhoons and steady drizzle will do that to a fan base. Its easier to just hunker down under your tarp and be miserable than to keep climbing out of your hole and drying off when the clouds break for 5 minutes only to have the Eagles drown you in urine. Again! There is no fair weather in Redskin land.

I agree with you. I think the attitude of, "that's just extreme skins during game day" excuses the utterly juvenile and stupid posting that's 99% of the gameday threads. It shouldn't be acceptable. Posters have got to police themselves and make a concerted effort not to post like children.

I know there is good discussion to be had because there are worthwhile posters in the community. I'd love to be able to talk to them as the events of the game unfold. I'd love to get some insight about what we're doing, what the other team is doing, etc., during the game. To see the game through different sets of eyes. There just aren't many of these posters, and if they post in the game day threads, they are completely drowned out by the tidal wave of dumbass coming from most of the keyboards.

It doesn't get like that in the threads for any of the other teams/sporting events on ES. There is just a culture of stupidity and immaturity in the stadium during games, and in this thread in particular, that's exacerbated by the high volume of posts, and that lowers the collective IQ by about half and makes the thing unreadable.

I feel sorry for the mods on and around game days. Their task is truly Sisyphean.

Very well said.

Perhaps there should be a "game day thread" and then a "game day discussion thread" where actual football conversation can take place. 

I know he's kind of a high risk/high reward guy at this point, in terms of the potential to fumble, or not see things as he should on offense, due to being a rookie, but I'd like to see Thompson get some snaps on offense, if the ankles good to go. Maybe get him a screen, swing pass, or a draw, or something like that. I think he can help us in that regard, even if it's minimal.

Archived