Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

How the hell does Polumbus get mentioned in this?  His name was called once and it was getting out in front of a screen pass for a good block!  He had a near perfect night...

I saw him miss a 3-4 blocks, one of which led to a sack.  Yes, I admit I also find Polumbus to be the Stephon Heyer of the team. 

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I can't stomach watching that game again.  :D

Shanny said it best in the post game. It's a 16 round fight - we've only lost the first round.

Even with a rusty team, we almost pulled it out. Motivation is a powerful thing so I'm sure RGIII and the rest of the team will use this game as motivation and come out tight next week.

I seriously don't get all the "sky is falling" attitudes. We started off horrendous, and have some major problems to fix. However, we finished the game on a somewhat high note making the game close towards the end. Say what you want about Philly backing off and playing prevent, but it does help to build some confidence going into next week. There are still 15 games to play!! The season is not lost on week 1.

Agree.

What did people expect? 

No he doesn't. He looks like Shanahan always does.

nah, i'll stick with my initial impression. He looks like he didn't expect what transpired on the field- whether thats the abysmal offensive production to start the game( 3 first downs in first half) or the seemingly unstoppable eagles offense. This isn't Shanny's first rodeo, and his team looked completely outclassed in all facets of the game. I might have the same reaction if i was in his position. 

Doesn't mean the season is over, or no adjustments will be made- in fact, i trust Shanny and the staff to adjust relatively well. but this first game was an eye-opener, and a tough pill to swallow. Time to move on.

Hey mods...

If any of you have an in to the Inner Circle... Pass this along for me.

Hey team, Hawgboy here.

Just want to say that while tonight's loss may sting.

You NEVER quit! You came up short but you battled

Until the end and that's all I can ask. Robert, you weren't at your best

Tonight, but by the end, you and the rest of the showed pride.

I'm proud to be a Skins fan. We'll lick em next week.

hawgboy

Look, it wasn't one player knocking rust off. I am glad the way they came back, but if you want to be successful at professional tackle football you need to know how to tackle. I believe this team bought into their own hype and that's why we didn't see any kind of fire except by the Eagles for the first three quarters. This was a divisional game at home and they acted like clowns. I am a long time fan and I have a right to be upset by the lacksadasicle attitude and lack of urgency even when they began to come back they were undisciplined.

And I do have the right to react.. and I have a right to be upset that nobody on this team knows how to tackle...

RGIII doesn't play on defense either homer!!

As I said before, you might as well give up now and go away. If this is how you react after one game where RG3 comes back after being on the shelf for NINE MONTHS, the season will be too hard on you.

Instead of posting on this board, why don't you step away from your computer, go take a walk around the block and explain to yourself 'It's just one game", 'It's just one game'. :)

Well, RG3 was 6 points away from leading a miraculous comeback. It's just a shame that he had to shake off the rust and go through all the growing pains of training camp and preseason in the 1st half of a Monday Night Football game. Still, despite it all, he threw for 300+ yards and 2 touchdowns and was asked to throw almost 50 times (something he's never done). No fear Skins fans. As ugly as this game was at times, we've still got a season. We just need to hope our team plays like they did for the last quarter and a half and not like they did for the first 2 and a half quarters. HAIL!

I am bummed we showed up running our exact same offense as last year.

Sure we mixed in a little Helu and Jordan Reed, but I could have done that.

I would like our offense to be more dynamic and for the love of the game, drill all week our 2 minute drill so when we need it with 10 minutes left, it looks like we practice it.  Our hurryup is sloppy.

We need to figure out a way to not depend on onsides kicks. Its not rocket science. Score sooner. Onsides are now near impossibe. I miss the days when you kicked out of bounds and got another free shot.

nah, i'll stick with my initial impression. He looks like he didn't expect what transpired on the field- whether thats the abysmal offensive production to start the game( 3 first downs in first half) or the seemingly unstoppable eagles offense. This isn't Shanny's first rodeo, and his team looked completely outclassed in all facets of the game. I might have the same reaction if i was in his position. 

Doesn't mean the season is over, or no adjustments will be made- in fact, i trust Shanny and the staff to adjust relatively well. but this first game was an eye-opener, and a tough pill to swallow. Time to move on.

Well, you can imagine what he was thinking all you want. I saw Shanahan's usual poker face. :)

Keep that ESP working, though.

I saw him miss a 3-4 blocks, one of which led to a sack.  Yes, I admit I also find Polumbus to be the Stephon Heyer of the team. 

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I can't stomach watching that game again.  :D

I agree, you're too harsh.  Most of the sacks were right up the middle except the drive killing one Williams gave up to Trent Cole on a 3-man rush late in the game but I notice you didn't mention that one...

As I said before, you might as well give up now and go away. If this is how you react after one game where RG3 comes back after being on the shelf for NINE MONTHS, the season will be too hard on you.

Instead of posting on this board, why don't you step away from your computer, go take a walk around the block and explain to yourself 'It's just one game", 'It's just one game'. :)

This team has perpetually had a problem with tackling. I will take a break from this board. And I'll take some deep breaths and feel embarassed for my team, they are now and always have been my team. I love my dogs too, but I yell at them when they crap on my floor too!!!

This team has perpetually had a problem with tackling. I will take a break from this board. And I'll take some deep breaths and feel embarassed for my team, they are now and always have been my team. I love my dogs too, but I yell at them when they crap on my floor too!!!

Yet they still keep crapping on the floor. I guess there, as in here, you are doing something wrong. :)

Goodnight, and think positive thoughts. Less stress. :)

QFT. Defeatist fans left and right. Terrible sportsmanship. Turning on the players after every poor play. It's the same with every fan base of every NFL team. NFL fans are awful. Something about the league brings out the worst in the fans, they really have no connection to the game and just live in their own little super-entitled obnoxious world.

It gets old. Really old.

Hello fellas, checking in from Uruguay, very happy season's finally here, watched the game with my nephew...my brother yelled at us for being too loud!!...and as for the game itself, here we say "we werent the kings of the world yesterday, and we're not the scum of the earth today" ...team showed fire in the end and that's all i ask, SKIN FOR LIFE!

In some ways, this game was the inverse of the Seattle game.  RGIII looked much better as time went on.  That's very heartening.  I think we may be very good after the bye and some time to gel, but we need to be very careful not to dig ourselves into a hole too early in the season.

Yes, and Thank You, and Amen. If you wanna give upon the Skin's after tonight's game, now is the time. Then you can wait until the Superbowl and pick one then. Then you have a 50\50 chance of pulling for the right team. Not the way I have done it, but it's your choice. I have been a Redskins fan since I was 7 years of age, year 1972, that's right, the Year of the MF'n Dolphins. I still do not like them. Hate is only for Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Raiders..........OK....All other teams 

Archived