Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

You don't have the right to behave like an overreacting tool.

It wasn't a shameful performance. RG3 just needs to keep working the rust off.

The first half was shameful, and it was mostly on RG3 and Alfred. Okay, they need to bear responsibility.  But, the defense played as well as they could, and they did stop them in the second half.  RGIII settled down.  We just ran out of time; that 'hurry up offense' is offensive.  Helu needs to be a bigger part, and Polumbus needs to be benched. 

I am not committing sepoku yet.  The Steelers are 0-1, the Patriots almost lost, and the Lions got on the Vikings. 

RGIII will have a good game next sunday.  I'm confident of that.  And the offense will feed off of that.  We may lose anyway, but we are not the same team that got blown out by Philly or that embarrased itself with the Swlnging Gate. 

I know at halftime I was predicting 56-10.  Instead, we lost by 6.  We WILL right the ship.

Have some faith, y'all.  And Chip Kelly, just wait.  He's going out like Steve Spurrier. 

In some ways, this game was the inverse of the Seattle game.  RGIII looked much better as time went on.  That's very heartening.  I think we may be very good after the bye and some time to gel, but we need to be very careful not to dig ourselves into a hole too early in the season.

Unlike most of the posters in this thread.

QFT. Defeatist fans left and right. Terrible sportsmanship. Turning on the players after every poor play. It's the same with every fan base of every NFL team. NFL fans are awful. Something about the league brings out the worst in the fans, they really have no connection to the game and just live in their own little super-entitled obnoxious world.

I'm disappointed in the loss. I'm proud of the way this team fought. The coaching staff made some adjustments during the game to slow down the Eagles O. The entire team could have packed it in early but they fought through. Griffin also showed grit working through rust and mechanical difficulties to get momentum and find his motion to move the chains.

Hate losing. Hate quitting more.

HTTR

Need to get the tackling together on defense and remind our receivers that they have to actually catch the ball. However, they kept their heads in the game and didn't get down on each other and had a chance to win at the end. That's huge. It would have been nice to get the W, but it just wasn't in the cards tonight. Oh well.

Losing a division game at home is a big loss. The NFC East doesn't offer much breathing room and everything about today's game can loom large. They picked the roster possible game to look ridiculous for an entire half.

The NFC East will be mediocre this year.

I seriously don't get all the "sky is falling" attitudes. We started off horrendous, and have some major problems to fix. However, we finished the game on a somewhat high note making the game close towards the end. Say what you want about Philly backing off and playing prevent, but it does help to build some confidence going into next week. There are still 15 games to play!! The season is not lost on week 1.

The first half was shameful, and it was mostly on RG3 and Alfred. Okay, they need to bear responsibility.  But, the defense played as well as they could, and they did stop them in the second half.  RGIII settled down.  We just ran out of time; that 'hurry up offense' is offensive.  Helu needs to be a bigger part, and Polumbus needs to be benched. 

I am not committing sepoku yet.  The Steelers are 0-1, the Patriots almost lost, and the Lions got on the Vikings. 

RGIII will have a good game next sunday.  I'm confident of that.  And the offense will feed off of that.  We may lose anyway, but we are not the same team that got blown out by Philly or that embarrased itself with the Swlnging Gate. 

I know at halftime I was predicting 56-10.  Instead, we lost by 6.  We WILL right the ship.

Have some faith, y'all.  And Chip Kelly, just wait.  He's going out like Steve Spurrier. 

How the hell does Polumbus get mentioned in this?  His name was called once and it was getting out in front of a screen pass for a good block!  He had a near perfect night...

You don't have the right to behave like an overreacting tool.

It wasn't a shameful performance. RG3 just needs to keep working the rust off.

Look, it wasn't one player knocking rust off. I am glad the way they came back, but if you want to be successful at professional tackle football you need to know how to tackle. I believe this team bought into their own hype and that's why we didn't see any kind of fire except by the Eagles for the first three quarters. This was a divisional game at home and they acted like clowns. I am a long time fan and I have a right to be upset by the lacksadasicle attitude and lack of urgency even when they began to come back they were undisciplined.

And I do have the right to react.. and I have a right to be upset that nobody on this team knows how to tackle...

RGIII doesn't play on defense either homer!!

CONGRADS TEAM.  Great way to get back into the game team.  RG3 you did good.  True QB Leader.  Reed was ready to GO.  Alfred do what you do.  MOSSSSSSSSSSS.   Front Defense line LET THEM KNOW.  That secondary_________ (fill in blank).  Oline keep RG3 upright.  Lets grow on tonights game for next week.  We mean business next week.  LETS BRING THE PAIN.  HTTR

Ok guys its 4am here. I fell asleep 30 mins BEFORE KO and woke up just as McCoy ran in for a TD. I was half asleep when i saw the 33-7 score :huh:  and I couldn't believe it.

I didnt see the plays before so cant comment on how everyone was speaking of the "great, fast offense" that the Iggles were running in the 1st 3 quarters. However what i saw was ok. They were gassed and obviously cannot keep that tempo up in the NFL, no chance of that. We committed 4(?) turnovers, played only 1 decent quarter and still only got beat by 6pts. We have some good players on IR with RG3 coming back off an ACL tear, Rakpo coming off injury, 1st time seeing this offense....We will get better :)

Archived