Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

I tell you this much. If Philly runs that offence all year they are going to have a bunch of turnovers.

.. AND .. I think they wore themselves out early. I don't see how that offense will run four quarters every week in the NFL! And that's probably the point .. the hurry-up Chip Kelly offense apparently assumes that you can score a lot of points early and then coast. I don't see how that works for you in the NFL. The Philthy E-gals and their idiot fans can all high-five this one .. although a clearly rusty Redskins team almost ruined their night .. but I have a feeling that the Chip Kelly offense is in for a wake-up call in 3 .. 2 ..

Well, you can imagine what he was thinking all you want. I saw Shanahan's usual poker face. :)

Keep that ESP working, though.

as a completely anonymous internet poster who takes time to share his/her thoughts on the game and over analyze every minute detail that occurs, i take pride in my psychological advantage over you mortals :D

in retrospect, i suppose its possible I'm projecting my own internal feelings on the matter, and Shanny is little more than a darkly tanned conduit for my own personal remonstrances.. or i could be right. never know

This game had everything to do with the unknown of Chip Kelly's offense, and the rust of the Redskins especially RG3.  I expected to win this one big.  It didn't happen, but the team showed a lot of positives in the second half.  If they hadn't dug themselves such a big hole in the 1st half, I believe they come back to win this game.   

The Redskins may end up having a down year, but it won't because of this one.  Not even close. 

On to the Packers... 

and that Eagles offense?  No way that works for 16 games.  If they don't score, that team will be gassed by the end of the 1st quarter.  No way they sustain that all year. 

Let's see how things are going at the halfway mark. 

Chip Kelly's offense isn't sustainable for an entire game much less 16. Pretty damn impressive for a couple quarters though. Couple that with RG's lack of time to get tuned up for the season and you have a hole you can't dig our self out of.

I'm not terribly worried about the team as a whole, we'll bounce back. But I'm still scratching my head about RG's health.  Maybe those mechanics were a function of rust but my gut (and eyes) tell me he's not 100%.

I think people need to temper their expectations. RG3 is not going to be his old self for quite some time. He's not comfortable planting his foot and stepping into throws. He made some bad throws tonight, plain and simple. The Morris mistakes were abysmal.

And our defense has a way to go. Are we going to make the playoffs? I think you have to lean towards no- realistically.

I agree, you're too harsh.  Most of the sacks were right up the middle except the drive killing one Williams gave up to Trent Cole on a 3-man rush late in the game but I notice you didn't mention that one...

Ugh, yeah. 

Thanks for reminding me of that.  Really.  Now I'm depressed again.

A game is a game, and although the loss hurts, it's just a game.  But we all know, this team lives and dies by RG3, and in that regard here's what I saw.

First half, refused to plant on back knee, tentative, split second off.  Affected timing of everything, not to mention he made some bad decisions.  Hardly ran.

Second half, I saw him actually plant confidently and throw for the first time. Unfortunately, the end result was him overthrowing the receiver, which Gruden pointed out immediately.  But honestly, although that pass ended with a bad outcome, it was the first time he planted that right leg and actually throw with confidence.

From there, say what you want about the defense (they were giving us room to work with), but RG3 started to look like RG3.  Planting, firing, accurate, quick to scramble, quick decision making, and solid production all around.

So, yeah, we lost, but tonight, I'll go to sleep happy because I know that our quarterback is back.  Took him a half to do it, but guys, he's freaking back.  We were a train wreck on all facets the first half, but with him firing and planting in a game in which we can still run, we're still one of the best offenses in the league.  

Keep your head up, Redskin nation, and tip your hat to the Iggles.  They were impressive.  But ultimately, our QB is back.  And for that reason, I'm going to bed happy.

.. AND .. I think they wore themselves out early. I don't see how that offense will run four quarters every week in the NFL! And that's probably the point .. the hurry-up Chip Kelly offense apparently assumes that you can score a lot of points early and then coast. I don't see how that works for you in the NFL. The Philthy E-gals and their idiot fans can all high-five this one .. although a clearly rusty Redskins team almost ruined their night .. but I have a feeling that the Chip Kelly offense is in for a wake-up call in 3 .. 2 ..

We'll see them again

And yet it got stopped everytime Oregon played the SEC

different talent involved. running this scheme with talented lineman, and talented skill players( more talented than oregon recruits) and more importantly, a talented QB results in what we saw tonight. Now adjustments will be made, and there may be some regression to the mean, but i think this offense is undoubtedly the future. 

i shudder to think how good RG3 would look in this offense.

Chip Kelly's offense isn't sustainable for an entire game much less 16. Pretty damn impressive for a couple quarters though. Couple that with RG's lack of time to get tuned up for the season and you have a hole you can't dig our self out of.

I'm not terribly worried about the team as a whole, we'll bounce back. But I'm still scratching my head about RG's health.  Maybe those mechanics were a function of rust but I'm more inclined to believe that he's not 100%.

Shanny said he took plenty of reps and that he was ready.  Clearly he wasn't, which begs the question of what made Shanahan think he was ready to play. 

Yeah, RG was a rusty tonight..this was his preseason game, and he got it going there late in the 2nd half.

Remember, AP said he didn't get confidence and trust in his knee/mental until about week 6, Y'all give RG some time, I bet the ones that's saying bench him or the season is over were the ones saying the season was over last year before we went on our streak..It's week one, lot of football to be played.

Hopefulmy Meriweather can play next week and stay healthy for the rest of the season, really not feeling Biggers at safety...and also, I think Amerson did a good job tonight, Rambo is horrible in space, that's something that he needs to work on, because he was decent at Georgia in space..

hopefully RG hype wil calm down now, and he can just focus on football.

Not mad at all, a little shocked at the beginning of the game, but hey, I didn't know what to expect from the Eagles offense, and it was great to watch, but glad we adjusted to it, settled down and stopped it

Everything that could go wrong did. Never seen anything like it. I like the way the team fought back. One thing I noticed though...Orakpo doesn't do a very good job setting the edge. No outside containment what so ever. Noticed it in the preseason too.

Orakpo tends to play undisciplined at times.  I noticed the same thing, as you. 

Rambo also didn't particularly have a good game.  Took some bad angles and blew his assignment on Jackson's TD.  Deangelo  Hall got on him, as he was expecting help on that particular play. 

I'll chalk it up to youth on Rambo's part.  Hopefully, he continues to learn and get better.

Nevertheless, the season is far from over.  We're going to have our work cut out for his on Sunday, but Green Bay will be running a conventional offense.  I think we can get after Rodgers.  It's gonna be a tough one for us, but not out of the realm of winning.

Good night all, have a good nights rest. I know it will not be easy, a lose tonight, did not think it was possible after our second half last year.....ERRRRh.....THE eagles....really? I do not blame anyone on the team. I blame us, the FANS, for expecting too much from RG3. HE had

2 messed up knees. love me hate me, I love them Redskins..

HTTR

Guys. RG3 has been cleared by the Doctor who performed his surgery. He is not injured, he is rusty and doesn't trust his knee. I have knee jerk reactions as much as anyone, but all the "bench" RG3 chants need to politely $#^@ off. 

How is he ever gonna get in the groove and shake the rust, adapt to the speed of the game if you bench him for being rusty? His knee was swiss cheese, give him a friggin break already. We look like crap, Griff looks like crap...but he's allowed to. Major knee repair, NO real offseason. Chill

This is the post-of-the-night for me.  I was starting to buy into what all the negative posters were saying when Bat-Man and GHH brought me down to earth.  Unfortunately, I ran out of 'Like This' buttons by page 30-something.

But This team and the coaches showed a lot of guts and made this close despite 3 turnovers.  For any of you out there that's played football or a super physical sport like I did (rugby for 23 years), you know that there's something special when you shake off the doom, reach deep in your heart, and come back to within a score of winning after being down by so much. This loss is something to build a successful season.  I bet there's immense respect between players and players and coaches now. 

I'm proud to be a Redskin fan.  Let's go get them Packers!

Archived