Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

This game had everything to do with the unknown of Chip Kelly's offense, and the rust of the Redskins especially RG3.  I expected to win this one big.  It didn't happen, but the team showed a lot of positives in the second half.  If they hadn't dug themselves such a big hole in the 1st half, I believe they come back to win this game.   

The Redskins may end up having a down year, but it won't because of this one.  Not even close. 

On to the Packers... 

and that Eagles offense?  No way that works for 16 games.  If they don't score, that team will be gassed by the end of the 1st quarter.  No way they sustain that all year. 

Let's see how things are going at the halfway mark. 

They ran 53 offensive plays in the first half. NO way anything close to that can happen for 16 games! This is the equivalent of a fighter punching himself out early.

RG said that the league kept calling the Skins sideline and telling him that he needed to cover up his brace better with his pants and his sock.

The NFL can go the hell, man! What a bunch of nitpicky bull**** that this Goodell league has gotten into!

Goodel is a joke. The league will be much better off after that clown is gone. Can you guys with Twitter please Twitter the NFL and let them know how stupid they are?

This is the post-of-the-night for me.  I was starting to buy into what all the negative posters were saying when Bat-Man and GHH brought me down to earth.  Unfortunately, I ran out of 'Like This' buttons by page 30-something.

But This team and the coaches showed a lot of guts and made this close despite 3 turnovers.  For any of you out there that's played football or a super physical sport like I did (rugby for 23 years), you know that there's something special when you shake off the doom, reach deep in your heart, and come back to within a score of winning after being down by so much. This loss is something to build a successful season.  I bet there's immense respect between players and players and coaches now. 

I'm proud to be a Redskin fan.  Let's go get them Packers!

Something that this board has never lacked .. a majority of shrieking negative nancys who make absolutely NO sense whatsoever. I often wonder why these idiots even call themselves "fans." They can all go to hell. I am damn proud of this team! I am still pumped for this season.

Shanny said he took plenty of reps and that he was ready.  Clearly he wasn't, which begs the question of what made Shanahan think he was ready to play. 

Maybe Griffin didn't believe he was ready, kind of like your dad teaching you how to ride a bike. You'd be surprised how your body reacts when you're just not mentally comfortable, and confident in yourself, no matter how many reps you take. I think we were all a little too willing to give Griffin the benefit of the doubt, that he would return and automatically start slaughtering cats. He has to mentally overcome that hurdle first. He may not have been hurt, but his psyche had not recovered fully. I think that was obvious by watching him in the second half, after he took a beating in the first.

At the end of the day, he's still a 23 year old kid in his second season after a significant injury. He needed time. You can't just bench the dude like a 3 year old because he looks shaky He had to work through the mental minefield, and he came out okay. Not great, but okay. He may not be the 4.3 RG3 from last year, running the read option, but he doesn't need to be for this offense to work. The dude needs time.

This is the post-of-the-night for me.  I was starting to buy into what all the negative posters were saying when Bat-Man and GHH brought me down to earth.  Unfortunately, I ran out of 'Like This' buttons by page 30-something.

But This team and the coaches showed a lot of guts and made this close despite 3 turnovers.  For any of you out there that's played football or a super physical sport like I did (rugby for 23 years), you know that there's something special when you shake off the doom, reach deep in your heart, and come back to within a score of winning after being down by so much. This loss is something to build a successful season.  I bet there's immense respect between players and players and coaches now. 

I'm proud to be a Redskin fan.  Let's go get them Packers!

Yep. You must never quit. You have to man up and finish the game or else you just shouldn't be on the field. The one thing I know with certainty about RGIII is that he will never quit. Saw it at Baylor. The score truly does not matter to him. 21 points down into the second half, he's the same, always believes he's got enough time. Always has a chance to make something out of nothing. He's really special. And it rubs off on everyone else.

I agree. He clearly doesn't mentally trust his knee yet. He'll get over it, if he hasn't already after scrambling a few times and getting hit.

Give RGIII time to recover mentally and he'll be ok. He needs to play as much as possible.

Our secondary on the other hand, is gonna be a season long headache.

Maybe Griffin didn't believe he was ready, kind of like your dad teaching you how to ride a bike. You'd be surprised how your body reacts when you're just not mentally comfortable, and confident in yourself, no matter how many reps you take. I think we were all a little too willing to give Griffin the benefit of the doubt, that he would return and automatically start slaughtering cats. He has to mentally overcome that hurdle first. He may not have been hurt, but his psyche had not recovered fully. I think that was obvious by watching him in the second half, after he took a beating in the first.

At the end of the day, he's still a 23 year old kid in his second season after a significant injury. He needed time. You can't just bench the dude like a 3 year old because he looks shaky He had to work through the mental minefield, and he came out okay. Not great, but okay. He may not be the 4.3 RG3 from last year, running the read option, but he doesn't need to be for this offense to work. The dude needs time.

The psychological recovery often takes longer than the physical recovery. And it is just as serious a hurdle in the rehabilitation process. Derrick Rose. And in some ways its even more unpredictable and difficult to gauge than the physical recovery.

Anyway, he looked pretty good in the second half. I think most of it was just a confluence of events stemming from the offense getting off on such a bad foot. It's hard to play well when there are total breakdowns in execution across the entire unit and you only get three or four plays each series to try and string together some positive plays.

He took a good shot in the second half and you could see his body respond well to it. Got into the physical flow of things. It's like, OK, got hit, wasn't that bad, let's play football. The offense got into a rhythm, finally started picking up those inside blitzes more often than not, and his comfort level increased over the course of the game. He's going to be alright.

Seemed like McCoy ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. They really ran the crap out of him. Vick got hurt on that long late scramble too, though he still finished the game.

If the Eagles are going to run the ball that much, they've got to distribute McCoy's workload better IMO. Kelly's going to have a learning curve as he adjusts to the enormous task of in game management at the NFL level. He seems like a good coach though and he's off to a good start. That team is probably going to have problems finishing games, almost bit them in the butt tonight.

This game means nothing more to me than the fact that our offense runs through Robert and Morris.

They both stank it up way too much early on and that was that. I don't blame our defense much, it was a tall task handling an unknown offense with the weapons the Eagles have and they actually kept the game close at first when our offense was doing everything it could to give it away. 

For Chip Kelly, everything lined up perfectly for his offense in the first half. We turned the ball over early and often and, if not, just went 3 and out which gave his offense even more opportunities. You saw the difference when our offense actually sustained drives in the 2nd half.

Either way, I'm shocked and so disappointed. Didn't see this coming at all.

If there's anything I know, it's that we've got a great coaching staff and the players who really screwed up (Robert and Morris) are guys you know are sicker about it than us. They'll work their buts off.  

I honestly have to give the defense props for not giving up 60 points. The offense gave them NOTHING, and on top of it, Kelly's O was going at breakneck speed. For people who understand TOP/field position, or just plain old giving your D a break, that game could've gotten nasty. They played bad, but they at least figured out how to get some stops, force some turnovers, and give the offense a chance to get back in it.

I was really disappointed reading this thread on the way home.

We should all know after last year, We are never out of a game with Griffin at QB.

We flat out sucked harder than you can imagine for an entire half to a division rival with nothing to lose against an offense. We came out flat, rusty as hell, turned the ball over early and had to completely abandon our strength by the 3rd quarter.

And we still could have pulled it out.

We aren't strong at pass blocking, it is our biggest weakness. Yet we had to come back from 33-7 deficit without virtually any threat of a run. And we did.

Griffin looked awful early and as the 2nd half went on started to look more and more like the RG3 we know and love.

I can't believe how quickly people turn on him or forget what we accomplished last year. I honestly thought we would roll the Eagles but it was apparent from the start their offense was legit, especially without the benefit of film. Also our offense was unbelievably out of sync.

There are a lot of great things to take away from this game. I don't see us falling behind 33-7 many times in the future but if we do, again just as I was tonight standing there figuring up the clock an how many TDs were needed for a comeback, I'll know we can do it.

HTTR

I was really disappointed reading this thread on the way home.

We should all know after last year, We are never out of a game with Griffin at QB.

We flat out sucked harder than you can imagine for an entire half to a division rival with nothing to lose against an offense. We came out flat, rusty as hell, turned the ball over early and had to completely abandon our strength by the 3rd quarter.

And we still could have pulled it out.

We aren't strong at pass blocking, it is our biggest weakness. Yet we had to come back from 33-7 deficit without virtually any threat of a run. And we did.

Griffin looked awful early and as the 2nd half went on started to look more and more like the RG3 we know and love.

I can't believe how quickly people turn on him or forget what we accomplished last year. I honestly thought we would roll the Eagles but it was apparent from the start their offense was legit, especially without the benefit of film. Also our offense was unbelievably out of sync.

There are a lot of great things to take away from this game. I don't see us falling behind 33-7 many times in the future but if we do, again just as I was tonight standing there figuring up the clock an how many TDs were needed for a comeback, I'll know we can do it.

HTTR

Inspring words, but you're a savvy ES veteran and you know how this process works: Redskins loss = catharsis for every ES member. We angrily/impulsively react with mandates that "x player" should be cut/never signed/never drafted/should tone down theatrics after tackle/is not as good Kerrigan/cut Reed Doughty. Our season last year was a mirage, and we'd be asinine to continue chasing after it...

..Then we settle down, probe the game for positives, assuage ourselves that it was just the first game/RG3 was rusty/We gashed the Eagles D the second half/Robert developed a rhythm/Reed Doughty was responsible for zero mishaps/Real World-Road Rules challenge allows uneducated degenerates to continue profiting of our ignorance( man i love CT). 

By wednesday, we'll feel confident of a victory amongst those cheesy packer fans( yep, i succumbed that low). 

Dont feel disappointed :)

Inspring words, but you're a savvy ES veteran and you know how this process works: Redskins loss = catharsis for every ES member. We angrily/impulsively react with mandates that "x player" should be cut/never signed/never drafted/should tone down theatrics after tackle/is not as good Kerrigan/cut Reed Doughty. Our season last year was a mirage, and we'd be asinine to continue chasing after it...

..Then we settle down, probe the game for positives, assuage ourselves that it was just the first game/RG3 was rusty/We gashed the Eagles D the second half/Robert developed a rhythm/Reed Doughty was responsible for zero mishaps/Real World-Road Rules challenge allows uneducated degenerates to continue profiting of our ignorance( man i love CT).

By wednesday, we'll feel confident of a victory amongst those cheesy packer fans( yep, i succumbed that low).

Dont feel disappointed :)

Yeah I should know better. Just wish people had more faith in the team. I mean seeing posts to bench Griffin early in the game was ridiculous.

I know we put the Extreme in Extremskins but was hoping last season might have given people a shred of faith.

Then again, the game day thread is never where you want to go if hoping for any rational thought.

Oh, and we are going to crush those sissy cheese heads

Then he probably should've played some in the preseason.  Overcome the mental hurdles when the games don't count.  That's what it's for.   

Then he probably should've played some in the preseason. Overcome the mental hurdles when the games don't count. That's what it's for.

And if he would have played in preseason and gotten hurt, then you would have been calling for Shanahan's head. Coach did the right thing. You are acting like the guy was supposed to come back and right away be the player he was before he was hurt. It doesn't always work that way.

And if he would have played in preseason and gotten hurt, then you would have been calling for Shanahan's head. Coach did the right thing. You are acting like the guy was supposed to come back and right away be the player he was before he was hurt. It doesn't always work that way.

That's a cool parlor mind reading, fortune telling trick you've got there.  Too bad it doesn't work.

There's a lot of middle ground between the player he was before and the guy that was out there last night.  

Racking up numbers down by 3 scores. That's a nice try at spin, but he didn't play well.

Never said he did. But he gradually played better as the game went along. There's no need to panic.

I think it's silly to start pointing fingers at the coach for not playing him in preseason. Shanahan wasn't about to play him after the criticism he received for leaving him in the Seattle game.

Never said he did. But he gradually played better as the game went along. There's no need to panic.

I think it's silly to start pointing fingers at the coach for not playing him in preseason. Shanahan wasn't about to play him after the criticism he received for leaving him in the Seattle game.

Coaches can't be making decision based on criticism.  That's problematic in and of itself.  If you truly have conviction in what you're doing, criticism won't affect your decisions.  I'd rather Shanahan second guess himself on self reflection rather than make coaching decisions listening to the public second guessing him.    

this thread makes me want to vomit, moreso than the game last night.

The fair weather fandom is sickening.

HTTR

I haven't read the thread, but I am wholly disappointed in the team's performance last night. I booed the players when they came off the field at half-time, and then again at the end of the game.

As for people leaving early. I could really care less. They paid for their ticket and can do as they please. I can only worry about myself. The only caveat I can provide is that this fan-base has conditioned itself for this. It's a defacto reaction to when our team gets dominated. 

Archived