Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

>Score 27 points (yes a lot in garbage time but whatever)

>Defense left out to dry, and with a total lack of safeties - still shows promise especially when more players come back.

>didnt give up this game, didnt give up last year, winning 7 in a row

>in a division with the Giants - who had more turnovers, Cowboys - who have Romo sits to pee, Eagles - who have Vick and you just saw their best game of the season.

fanbase acts like this was the worst game ever and its the beginning of 0-16.

way to keep your heads on.

There was never any garbage time. We were within two scores with five minutes to go. If the Eagles let up, then they were fools. They didn't. They didn't take their starters out and didn't go into a prevent style defense until we went into our two minute offense.

If we hadn't turned it over on downs we would have had a legit chance to win that game because we had completely seized the momentum in the second half.

Well, the coaching staff, players and even us needs this lose, some people puts a blow out against the eagles.

I hope we do better next week, the schemes versus the packers for coaching staff, the balls and focus for the players.

We're a very good team but not tonight and our rival was best on both sides of the ball.
So is the first week, even yesterday NE have a hard time at Buffalo, NY at Dal an odd game, move on to week two.

This lost really hurts, but the team could have rolled over. They didnt, Griffin knocked off some rust and started to get some rhythm going. Chip Kelly better really enjoy that win cause the Skins showed his scheme has protection problems that will be exposed with more film.

This was hardly any one player's fault.

Thank you!  I see people trying to put this loss on one player.  The whole team just didn't get it done.  Defense couldn't tackle.  Offense turned the ball over and committed too many penalties.  Special teams killed in the field position game.  I don' think we'll be seeing Thompson next week.

>Score 27 points (yes a lot in garbage time but whatever)

>Defense left out to dry, and with a total lack of safeties - still shows promise especially when more players come back.

>didnt give up this game, didnt give up last year, winning 7 in a row

>in a division with the Giants - who had more turnovers, Cowboys - who have Romo sits to pee, Eagles - who have Vick and you just saw their best game of the season.

fanbase acts like this was the worst game ever and its the beginning of 0-16.

way to keep your heads on.

>Greentexting on ES

If we hadn't turned it over on downs we would have had a legit chance to win that game because we had completely seized the momentum in the second half.

Really, we didn't go into hurry up at all until the 4th quarter.  The coaches had given up.  NO excuse for the lack of urgency in the 3rd, none.  That's on Shanny.

Positives: The team didn't quit, RGIII got a bit of a rhythm going, Hankerson's two touchdown catches, Jordan Reed.

Negatives: The first three quarters, take your pick, there were a ton of them.

Hopefully, they'll regroup and come out attacking against a talented Packers squad.

Nonetheless, still had a great time talking with fellow skins fans during the game.

Until next week...signing off for the night.

After one game, i see 'fans' determining a losing season.

How can you call yourself a fan if your faith and loyalty is that thin?

Classic overreaction in the overreaction thread.

Last year the Colts, Seahawks, and Packers lost in week one, and all went on to the playoffs.

We have a young, second year QB coming off of an ACL tear, and if anyone thinks you just come back from that and into your prime, you've never had an ACL injury.

Add to all that, it's a new coach with a new scheme with no tape on him (other than college, which doesn't really count)

Week one rust, it comes with having a young team sometimes. We were sloppy and clumsy like the majority of the other teams I saw play in week one. Skill was never the issue.

Cheer up and look on to week two.

I really think that they will play much better next week.

There's just too much emotion flying around right now. This was Griffin's first action since January. He had to get comfortable physically and mentally. We started to see some of that near the end when he began taking off to buy time. Just like the Seattle game he wasn't playing at his full potential the whole time. If he had played the way he did in the 4th the entire game, the game would've easily been ours. Now that he looks slightly more comfortable, I'm actually excited to see us take on GB.

Archived