Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread Skins Vs Eagles Final

TK

Someone explain to me how throwing EJ Biggers in randomly is not a total abortion from the coaching staff?  Begining with Shanahan?  He hired Haslett. 

You mean to tell me, all the scouting and tape we watched, we couldn't even get a hint of what was going to be done?  This was not a surprise to anyone!  Everyone knew they were going to go balls out, have a play off before 20 seconds left on the play clock. 

We were prepared poorly, it starts with the coaching staff.  Them throwing in EJ shows a panic/do anything to help scenario.  Again, why were they not prepared?  

Yes, the offensive turnovers did not help, the first Eagles possession embarssed us, and regardless of the turnovers it set the tone for the rest of their possessions.  Our coaching staff needs to get a damn clue.  

Someone explain to me how throwing EJ Biggers in randomly is not a total abortion from the coaching staff?  Begining with Shanahan?  He hired Haslett. 

You mean to tell me, all the scouting and tape we watched, we couldn't even get a hint of what was going to be done?  This was not a surprise to anyone!  Everyone knew they were going to go balls out, have a play off before 20 seconds left on the play clock. 

We were prepared poorly, it starts with the coaching staff.  Them throwing in EJ shows a panic/do anything to help scenario.  Again, why were they not prepared?  

Yes, the offensive turnovers did not help, the first Eagles possession embarssed us, and regardless of the turnovers it set the tone for the rest of their possessions.  Our coaching staff needs to get a damn clue.

Biggers insisted that because he plays so much in nickel coverage with five defensive backs on the field, he has a good understanding of what a safeties’ responsibilities are. He also received plenty of repetitions during the week in practice and figured that position switch was coming.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/sep/11/ej-biggers-move-corner-safety/#ixzz2edyeoT3L 

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Very well said.

Perhaps there should be a "game day thread" and then a "game day discussion thread" where actual football conversation can take place. 

Eh, the mods have a tough enough job as it is to police the thread already.  GDT is ridiculous, its 1000 posts an hour with every comment made on a whim - and i get it - we're emotionally tied to this team.  I was misty when Rob took the field.  I was mortified when he got hurt in the playoffs.  But good lord, there needs to be a brain to hand filter installed on some people.  I'm irrational at times, but I keep my hands in my pockets for the most part.  The accountability is on the poster - I only have 500 some posts in 5 years of being here (2 registered, i think?) so I'm proof that you don't always need to voice your opinion.  And while I would love for there to be a loud *DING* everytime someone gets NNT'd or banned...I'd prefer if we, collectively, chilled out and stopped with the nonsensical postings that warrant such a response.  Adding another thread won't help.

The discussion thread  would have to be invite only to eliminate the dumb/uninformed/rude/etc - lol - and I'm sure that will cause an uproar - and the mods don't need that headache.  I'm not sure I'd warrant an invite, and would miss out on some great discussion.  And that would be unfortunate.

A few years back we had two gameday threads--one for the more glandular (though all the rules still applied) and one for the folks who don't like those kind of posters spazzing all the time.

Problem was even when we had a lot more board coverage (mods available) then, so we could do that, it still required too much work, as folks have figured, and only worked so-so at best. You still had the basic problem of too many "adults" being unwilling (not unable) to accordingly, or even within the rules, which do allow for a lot of childish behavior :P --just look at me <_<).

So people would come into the one thread and blow it anyway or think the other meant "everything goes." Sometimes one didn't look that much different than the other, and many guys were just posting in both. And so on.  :)

When I am moderating a gameday thread, people who post in rule-violating (and they can be applied with flexibility by design) fashion do get banned. Often it's several cases per thread. The thread just moves so fast that, unlike other times where i can be visible about an action (usually my preference for several reasons), it just happens quietly.

And "no" to the clueless, even then, you don't get banned for "just criticizing" or having any kind of reasonably normal but emotional reaction like venting or standard ****ing. It's also about degree and context.

Eventually, as you veterans know, the garden does get weeded out here over the long haul by design, and in the meantime think of all the stimulating entertainment.  B)   :P   :lol:

Archived