Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow, Clay Matthews...

rdskn4eva

Just disrespected the hell out of the Redskins.  During a sideline interview they asked him if facing Russell Wilson during preseason gets them ready for San Fran.

I'm ad-libing here but it was along the lines of:

"Yea, it gets us ready for San Fran and what's his name?"

The reporter was like "Colin?"

Bruce was lie, "no, The Redskins"

Thought it was kinda funny but it was a clear shot at our boy.

Nope... as I said.. if you actually saw the interview.. it was completely 100% a brain freeze...

I watched the interview live and I too believe it was a joke meant to poke fun at the fact that RG3 is EVERYWHERE.  He kind of said it with a smirk, not a brain freeze at all.  Sorry, but it's a totally reasonable and very plausible opinion, esp when you consider that its highly unlikely that he straight forgot who quarterbacks the Redskins.

Just disrespected the hell out of the Redskins.  During a sideline interview they asked him if facing Russell Wilson during preseason gets them ready for San Fran.

I'm ad-libing here but it was along the lines of:

"Yea, it gets us ready for San Fran and what's his name?"

The reporter was like "Colin?"

Bruce was lie, "no, The Redskins"

Thought it was kinda funny but it was a clear shot at our boy.

On a slightly related topic am I alone in hating the sideline interviews in preseason while the game is going on? The interviews are always garbage (garbage soft ball questions and bland answers). Just show us the damn game.

On a slightly related topic am I alone in hating the sideline interviews in preseason while the game is going on? The interviews are always garbage (garbage soft ball questions and bland answers). Just show us the damn game.

No, you are not alone.    I don't care for them either.

I doubt he knows anybody's name with as much time as he spends in his room covered floor to ceiling in fatheads of himself.

But seriously, probably just a brain freeze. Or he really went out of his way to intentionally knock RG3

lmao!  He's gorgeous! :P

I've got friends that are Falcons fans who won't call him RGIII, they just call him Griffin...

Absolutely no one forgets what his name is.  No one.

When I saw it I thought he was just being ironic. As in, "what's the name of that guy again?, you know, that one that's been in the news 24-7  for like forever"

Maybe he did forget, who knows. The guy's a great player, I'm not gonna hate on him for that.

Players don't typically pay much attention to the saturation that goes on around them like we do.

He's in game mode, his mind is focused on what is happening there, and for the last several weeks he's been focused on the 49ers. ( their week one opponent.)

No disrespect intended, and frankly, I'm glad he said REDSKINS on National TV.
I hope it made UnWise Mike choke on his quiche.

REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

~Bang

Yeah, I was watching that game last night and I honestly thought it was going to be a bigger deal than this by now, but I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Right after he said it I immediately texted my Packers friends with "What's his name huh?.. lol"  And they all said Clay literally couldn't have said anything dumber than that. 

Interesting.

Archived