Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions For Week 1 Vs The Eagles

Pastor Troy

What do you guys think we'll do on the first offensive play?

I think it will either be:

something ultra conservative like a straight handoff up the gut to Morris

or

Something to prove RG III is back like a read option or play-action pass down the field. 

No middle ground. Redskins are going to either play it safe or go balls to the walls and set the tone for our play-calling for the game with the first play. 

So I was looking at the line for this game and it is at -3.5 Skins. I know the line isn't an indication of who is going to win and its so people bet both sides etc. But that line seems odd to me, as in I don't see how that would get people to take both sides. Wouldn't you take the -3.5 pretty easily? Why do you think it's so low when everyone seems so confident? However I do recall the opening line last year was -9.5 Saints so its not like it matters :P .

I think that this game is going to be a high scoring game something in the area of 38-24 Skins. Shanahan is great on opening day.

Despite the fact the Redskins bring back more stability and an overall better team, the Eagles are a wild card.  Vick is not the best passer, but if used properly, he can be a threat.  Particularly to a defense, that in my opinion, is just not very fast.  McCoy always beats up on the Redskins defense, reminds me of Westbrook.

The Redskins will have to focus on the run, while playing double coverage on Jackson.  If we can eliminate Vick, McCoy and Jackson, we will be fine. 

Offensively, this should be a good game for RG3 to get his feet wet.  The Eagles defense quite fankly sucks.  The Redskins should be able to run the ball and not rely on RG3 to throw the ball a ton.  We don't know how accurate he will be without any preseason or really much of an offseason for that matter.

I think the Redskins can and will win this, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if the Eagles pull it out.

I predict the read option may be the first play, but it will not be RGIII running with the ball. :)

Our first play will likely be the stretch to Morris, and start working towards our prime goal, play action.

While I hope for a blowout i am concerned that they have a coach that will use Vick to his strengths. But to counter that, our D can go swift, and we faced an uptempo team in preseason, and have maybe our best Vick scout QB ever, White. And possibly, the most speed on D in recent memory.

I expect their first play will be DeSean deep testing Rambo. At least that is what i would do. I hope we dont have him in cover 2 on an island. I want the corner man up help over the top. All night.

I still cant believe they were running McCoy late in that blowout last year when he got concussed.  I think Kelly won't make that same mistake. Its nice we have depth at RB so we won't have to use Morris late in blowouts, like we did in that same game.

I'm a defense guy. I love great defensive battles, they are my favorite kind of game. To me, it's what great football is all about. Every first down is an absolute war.

After watching college football evolve into "Tecmo Bowl" territory, I really hope that Drip Kelly fails in his hurry up experiment. I know it's within the rules, but the more I see of it in college, the more I dislike it. Receivers running wild all over the field, 65-50 type games, looking over to the sideline between snaps, etc. I think it's kinda bush league.

Here's to us warming up the seat cushion on Kelly in his first season. I want him to crawl back to college with his tail between his legs.

Only way I can see them beating us is if our offense goes into drive stalling mode like it tended to sometimes last season, and they manage to score on some long TDs, beating our safeties and/or using weird formations. I can't see them consistently overcoming Michael Vick's turnover tendency and their lack of talent on offense. I expect most of their drives to only last a few plays, either 3-and-outs, turnovers, or fast scores (hopefully not much of the latter).

On defense, it would not surprise me if they are bottom 3 in the league. This unit sucked last year and now they have a bunch of guys changing positions and 3 (4?) new starting DBs? Please. Alfred Morris is foaming at the mouth.

If we can eliminate Vick, McCoy and Jackson, we will be fine. 

If we do that they'll be lucky to get 3 first downs ;)

We'll run at will and hit them deep when they creep up, from the get go.  On D we're exactly what Philly don't want to face game 1.  An experienced 3-4 D with run stuffing DEs and Cofield getting up field in the middle flanked by 2 good pass rushing OLBs, unless we know it's pass so we'll have Cofield and 4 OLBs with Riley and Fletcher splitting the field to bring down Shady if it's a run.

Our DBs may be young in places but to a man they're the type that likes playing against QBs like Vick.  Interceptions is a question of how many not if like it is from their perspective.

It's not gonna be close.

Think I'm seeing too much optimism, here.

The Eagles have some talent. And they always seem to play us well. Yeah, I expect some mistakes. But that's from both teams, not just theirs.

I assume we're gonna have a rookie safety, and he's gonna see a lot of "run or pass?" decisions. And if he's wrong, it could be expensive.

I could see us easily dominating time of possession, but maybe getting "big played" to a loss. (I could see penalties hurting us, too).

The Eagles always played us well, well yeah because before 2012, this team was awful. The entire division, let alone NFL played this team well for the most part.

Look, I don't think the Eagles winning an early season upset is beyond possibility, but I don't think it should be expected. I think Mike Vick is poised to try and have a big game, this is a prime time game to kick off the season, Vick is probably tired of hearing about RGIII being Mike Vick but 100 times better etc etc etc

What the Eagles are hoping for is that their new offense will be so confusing and unstoppable from the get-go that they will throw up 35 points with ease.  And that their defense which hasn't looked good at all, is going to stop one of the best rushing teams from last season, which will be used to control the clock and take potential possessions away from the Eagles as it is used to drain the clock.

I don't see zero scenarios where the Eagles win this game, but I certainly see a lot more that point to a 'Skins win.

didnt you guys defense suck last year also :lol:

alot of yall have the Eagles scoring pretty low    

The pass defense sucked, the run defense did not.  The Pass rush was awful which hurt the secondary a lot last season, leaving them on islands when QBs had all day to pass.  Orakpo is back, Darryl Tapp, Brandon Jenkins, Meriweather etc etc etc have either returned or been signed to improve the pass rush.

I don't expect Robert to be too rusty, and I think we will be efficient on offense, especially rushing the ball.

My concern is the big pass plays on defense.  Vick can make them and he has guys that can get deep and a running back that can turn short passes into TDs.   I am not convinced that our secondary is any better than last year.  We may get more pressure up from with Rak back, but if Vick can buy time (he's good at that) then we will be vulnerable deep multiple times this game.  We will see the back of Reed Doughty's uniform at least once.

I expect a high scoring affair that goes down to the wire.   Long drives by us, quick scores by them.  Alkaseltzer time.

Don't underestimate the loss of Macklin for the Eagles passing game. w/o him in there Jackson is going to have a corner and safety over top the entire game, which leaves Riley Cooper as the next guy in line.

Also, Jackson is the type of WR who might put up a highlight reel play and then disappear for the rest of the game.

But the Redskins had 17+ turnover differential, first in the NFL.

With that said, i don't expect the same type of turnover differential - very difficult.

of course you wouldn't want to be positive and expect something better....now would you? Seriously, I fully expect the Redskins defense to produce MORE turnovers this year because of the intense pass rush. If Robert can keep the int's to less than 10 and cut back on his fumble-itis...then yes indeed we can still have a better turnover differential than last season. It is possible.

It's all on RG3.

I don't expect Robert to be too rusty, and I think we will be efficient on offense, especially rushing the ball.

My concern is the big pass plays on defense.  Vick can make them and he has guys that can get deep and a running back that can turn short passes into TDs.   I am not convinced that our secondary is any better than last year.  We may get more pressure up from with Rak back, but if Vick can buy time (he's good at that) then we will be vulnerable deep multiple times this game.  We will see the back of Reed Doughty's uniform at least once.

Agreed. The possibility certainly is there. (And we got rookies, back there.)

So I was looking at the line for this game and it is at -3.5 Skins. I know the line isn't an indication of who is going to win and its so people bet both sides etc. But that line seems odd to me, as in I don't see how that would get people to take both sides. Wouldn't you take the -3.5 pretty easily? Why do you think it's so low when everyone seems so confident? However I do recall the opening line last year was -9.5 Saints so its not like it matters :P .

I think that this game is going to be a high scoring game something in the area of 38-24 Skins. Shanahan is great on opening day.

Alot of money is going on Philly with uncertainty over RG3 which is bringing the spread down.

The Eagles have speed to burn, in fact I will say it. They have a wr we should have drafted over our first pick that year.  They still have things to learn about the new offense and defense and I think they will fight hard but begin to fade as the game goes along. A few turn overs as well as some plain ol mistakes as teams do that are learning new systems do.  My score is 34-21 Washington. HTTR GO SKINS

Archived