Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions For Week 1 Vs The Eagles

Pastor Troy

The only way to utilize mike vick is to give him one or two very quick reads and then if it isn't there let him utilize his running ability to create plays.  That's what this no-huddle offense is going to do for him.  I see a lot of short passes and screens for mike vick, mixed with a couple downfield shots.  I see plenty of scrambles when the first two reads aren't there.  Scampers aplenty. 

You simply cannot ask mike vick to manage a game and I think Chip knows that.  He's going to try and best utilize the "playmaking" ability of vick instead of asking him to read his progressions like the New England up-tempo offense.  I think Chip Kelly sees mike vick more as a playmaking threat, not a qb and that's why he won the job. 

With that said I think you'll see a lot of bend but don't break in our defense.  At the end of the day I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles at over 400 yds of offense but only 17-21 points.  When push comes to shove, the modus operandi of Mike Vick has been flashy plays with the opportunity for turnovers.  That's why you see some great games from him and some terrible games.  He always gives the defense the opportunity to take the ball away from him, but only the good defenses capitalize. 

I think with our ballhawks we can create 2-4 turnovers and that may be the difference.  If Vick can protect the ball we are in for a long game I think.  I'm going to temper my expectations a bit on this game.  RG3 may come out on fire, but he could also come out competely stale.  I'm thinking something like 28-20 Skins victory. 

Pretty nervous about this game. The Eagles are a great unknown with their offense. While the defense isn't any good, their offense can certainly score some points. I kinda see this game as us against the Saints last year. Saints fans were probably writing this one off as a win for they until them got to see the real RG3 unleashed. Just hope the Eagles don't do that to us.

Redskins 31

Eagles 24

Eagles - 24

Skins-13

RGIII is rusty and our defense gets worn down by the 4th.  Not the start to the season we all want but the start of the season we are going to get. Remember, we are STILL the Redskins, just because we have RGIII and he is back after a devastating knee injury doesn't mean this team isn't the same theam that finds intersting ways to lose.  I'm not fully convinced this team has turned the corner.

Eagles - 24

Skins-13

RGIII is rusty and our defense gets worn down by the 4th.  Not the start to the season we all want but the start of the season we are going to get. Remember, we are STILL the Redskins, just because we have RGIII and he is back after a devastating knee injury doesn't mean this team isn't the same theam that finds intersting ways to lose.  I'm not fully convinced this team has turned the corner.

Did we find interesting ways to lose last year? No

I'm not sure what you have to see to be confident we turned the corner. A SB title? Deep playoff run? We have everything we need (except the Safety situation sewn up) to be a consistent team year in/year out. The playoff years in '05/'07 where w/ Brunell and Collins so I can see being a debbie downer the following years. This year is different. I'm surprised there are still fans that can't feel it. 

I can think of two games right off the top of my head where the game was handed away on a silver platter... So the answer is yes.

Ok, well every team in the NFL finds interesting ways to lose each year then if you count a 4th quarter comeback vs the Giants. That happens weekly and not something only the Skins deal with.

The Rams, ok pretty interesting lol

The poster I quoted made it seem as though we have a losing environment here and we always find ways to lose. Quite the contrary last year. 

Redskins 27

Eagles 17

With last night's game between the Giants and the cowboys, this division is up for grabs...

The Giants literally gave that game to dallas and for the cowboys to ONLY win by 5...

The Redskins need to make a statment tonight and have all the cylinders cliking going into Week 2 at GB...

HTTR!!!

There is a lot of negative vibes in the media and among are fan base (convos I've had w/ Skins fans and even listening to the radio) A lot of fearing the worse, instead of hoping for the best.

We've all had false hope in the past, but this year it's legitimate. We have hands down the best team, personnel-wise, that we've had since the early 90's. I don't think that's debatable. 

Question marks sure (RG's health, Safety situation) but every team enters a season w/ question marks so that's a wash. 

Looking at the Eagles, there are exactly 2 players I'd swap out to start on our team  (Those being McCoy & Lane Johnson) and quite honestly the Morris/McCoy swap is flip-of-the-coin decision for the type of offense we run. The number of players I'd swap out with the Giants/Cowboys rises dramatically. 

What I'm getting at is there are a lot of reasons for optimism this year and definitely week 1. The negative noise sucks to hear. Sticking w/ my prediction stated earlier in this thread. Skins Win BIG 49-9

I don't know about Vick running a fast paced offense with plays every 10 seconds. Only doubt is our DB play. While everybody is asking if RG3 is going to hold up, well how long will Vick last?

I also don't know how that Eagles defense will hold up against our running game with little rest.

Redskins 34

Eagles 16

The run game is going to be big in this game. If we can control the clock, then it won't matter what the Eagles fast paced offense can do.

All touchdown drives count the same, so we will need to stop the Eagles a few times even if we are successfully milking the clock and putting points on the board. It sounds very elementary, but I think coming away with 7 as often as possible is far more important than whatever the TOP turns out to be.

FedEx will chant "RG3, RG3, RG3" and it will be a great moment. The phoenix rises.

But Griffin will be rusty. Morris, and Garcon will carry the day. Short passes, lots of YAC.  RG3 will owe the O-line Rolexes each for keeping him upright in the pocket, as he relies on routes to develop. D will be out of gas by the end but will hold strong. Rookie safeties will get schooled. Please, Rak, don't hurt yourself.

I think it will be a total team win. I'm not expecting RG3 to have a glorious outing.  Redskins will do their bit, create big plays and play disciplined, foul-free football. An all around victory.

Most importantly -- NO INJURIES, NO INJURIES, NO INJURIES!

Archived