Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions For Week 1 Vs The Eagles

Pastor Troy

Being a U of O alum (master's degree in '08, but undergrad in Indiana in '00), i was a fan of Chip Kelly. I'm no longer now that he coaches the Eagles, but still a UO fan. after watching their 2 games this year, the system doesn't seem to have changed that much (quick tempo, focus on rushing and speed). No doubt it's a "destination" for recruits these days and Oregon in and of itself is a destination for recruits these days, Kelly be damned. We're still the best team in the PAC-12.

I understand you no longer being a fan of his since he is now a rival coach...I get that.

They are the best team in the PAC-12

I think the hurry up is a much more difficult offense for college teams to defend because of the extra knowledge it requires of defensive players.  There aren't London Fletchers in college, who can basically be a DC if we need him to.  NFL defensive players will be much better prepared, and more organized to know what they need to do in more situations.

I don't believe in the immediate success of a college coach in the NFL. I think our coaches will outsmart theirs, they trained the players to face their upbeat offensive tempo during the offseason. The Eagles might try to take advantage of the inexperience of our rookies defensive backs with some 4 receivers sets packages. I hope Amerson and Rambo will step up and make them feel really bad. Hail.

Well the madden season simulation on NFL.com has us losing to the niners in the NFC championship game so surely we will beat the eagles and start 1-0 in our division. On a serious note, my prediction hasn't changed much, I fear the Eagles more in the 2nd game. I think both our offenses will put up points, but the unpredictability of the eagles offense will also be their downfall week one. I just don't see Vick playing a perfect game and everyone being on the same page every play in their up tempo offense which will lead to turnovers. Vick had what 10 fumbles and 11 picks last year running normal speed? Speed up his decision making and i just feel the turn overs are bound to come. Griffin will come out on fire passing the ball and running it to quiet the masses. Morris will run wild too. 38-24 Skins.

The question I have is whether Vick is the right guy for a super octane offense.  On the one hand, his mobility and escability make him a good fit, but on the other, he was never a great passer or student of the game, and if they are going to a permanent two minute drill then the qb has to really be on top of the playbook.  He's got to be able to understand and call everything.  Not sure if Vick has proven to be that guy. 

He could be a guy capable of taking advantage of defensive confusion and chaos though and this team has proven very vulnerable to big plays last season and agan this preseason.

The question I have is whether Vick is the right guy for a super octane offense.  On the one hand, his mobility and escability make him a good fit, but on the other, he was never a great passer or student of the game, and if they are going to a permanent two minute drill then the qb has to really be on top of the playbook.  He's got to be able to understand and call everything.  Not sure if Vick has proven to be that guy. 

He could be a guy capable of taking advantage of defensive confusion and chaos though and this team has proven very vulnerable to big plays last season and agan this preseason.

Vick also has a pretty high sack per pass attempt percentage at 8.6%, compared to say Brady (4.8%), Brees (3.7%), or either Manning (Eli 4.6%, Peyton 3.2%). Running more plays per game is going to expose Vick to more sacks, for a guy that has played in no more than 13 games in any year since he got out of jail, that could be a problem.

lol this is why i cant take some of u guys seriously   yall won dont try act like we scored a td with 1 minute left in the game we almost tied the dang thing lol

Well, not to be overly optimistic but 4 of the last 7 games of last season were pretty much blowout wins (second eagles game got close at the end because we phoned it in, but the game was never really close). The Seattle game had the makings of a blowout until RG Knee.

So I certainly think crushing a terrible defense and scoring early and often is a distinct possibility.

One thing we are forgetting me included is Davis and Kelly both said many times they will run the 43 defense against some teams if it looks to be more effective. They can do this since they are still learning a new defense and are still missing a few pieces to run the 34. IF anything at all I would bet we see at least a lot of 43 formations tomorrow.

on the contrary   ALL OF OUR GUYS ARE HEALTHY(except Maclin :()   3/5th's of our o line were out with season ending injurys by week 7 and McCoy DeSean and Vick all played 12 games     these are the same guys who Andy Reid had as a top 10 offense not to long ago.......

I would be more worried if Oregon wasn't still putting up 60 points a game.  Their team has so much more talent than the teams they play its ridiculous.  The Eagles don't have that advantage over us.  I don't think scheme changes are as effective early on as players can be.  We did so well because we brought in very good players, then tailored some plays for them.  Philly has not gained much offensive talent, and  losing Maclin will not be easy to compensate for.

Even as a Redskins fan, I am excited to see what the Eagle offense will look like...  My gut feeling tells me that they will be running with alot of 2 TEs and have them lined out wide like WRs but we will see how it goes...

Our DBs have been shaky in the open field so that does worry me a bit but I do think we will be able to establish the run and time of possession and win the game...

I do hope for the Philly fans that Chip Kelly has more common sense that Bills new coach.. They run up tempo as well but with a lead and 4mins to go.. run some clock...  Nope they decided to go up tempo as normal then 3 and out... gave Brady all the time in the world to drive down the field for a win.

I have posted in this thread, but haven't made a prediction. Probably because I really have no idea what to expect. I don't remember ever going into a game with so many unknown variables....new coach, RG's rust level, new defense...etc

But here goes anyway....

Eagles 34

Redskins 27

And as I said on the Eagle's board...never has it been more of a 'guess'....

I wish for no injuries...and a much better game that what NY/Dallas showed tonight...that was ugly.

I don't ever remember being as excited, or curious, about an Eagles game more than this one...and I go back a while. That doesn't mean I expect great things for my team...it just means that it feels so different than past season opening games...

I have posted in this thread, but haven't made a prediction. Probably because I really have no idea what to expect. I don't remember ever going into a game with so many unknown variables....new coach, RG's rust level, new defense...etc

I don't ever remember being as excited, or curious, about an Eagles game more than this one...and I go back a while. That doesn't mean I expect great things for my team...it just means that it feels so different than past season opening games...

Curious, I get, but your team was in Championships and a Superbowl not so long ago... and this is the game you are most excited about?  Both teams are questions which is interesting.  What has Kyle cooked up?  How rusty will Robert be?  What does your uptempo offense look like?  Is it just a version of the Bill's Sugar Huddle, a 2 minute offense done for the entire game?  Vick has intimated he plans to run much more... can he hold up?  The Redskins have been prolific at offense, but vulnerable to big plays on D can they improve?

Tonight is the night we prove to everyone there is only 1 legit team in the East. We need to win this game and we need to win it big. 

Hell after last night if we can have a convincing win with mistake free football how can anyone doubt that.  What I say last night in Dallas was pathetic.  How many times does a team need 6 turnovers to squeak out a win?

That offense Kelly is preaching in Philly is the most absurd thing I have heard.  This is not college, this are very well conditioned and very well coached athletes.  People acting like it will give us trouble are silly.  We played a fast-tempo offense in pre-season where they would get the ball off with 20 sometimes 25 seconds left (IDR exactly which team it was, don't pay as much attention to AFC) and it didn't work at all.  Brian will be the coach in Philly for 2-3 years max call it.  That being said, they do have talent and two rookies in our secondary, I think they will move the ball a bit, and have a couple big plays.  The big plays will more be in spite of the offense instead of because of the offense they run.

Redskins-34

Eagles-20

McCoy doesn't rush for more then 60 yards but APY will be over 100.  Vick throws for less then 200, runs for between 20-50, throws for a TD and a pair of picks.  I think they will be forced to kick field goals a couple time and we will give one score coming off of a special teams or offensive fumble or possibly (though I hope not) a RGIII int.

I think Alfred Morris will run between 80-120, maybe a TD

RGIII will run between 25-75 yards (big range I know) throw for between 180-230 yards and 2 TDs, 65+ completion percentage.

Orakpo gets a sack.

Kerrigan gets a sack and a batted ball.

Leading Reciever: Joshua Morgan 6 catches 92 yards TD

I know the extra stuff wasn't necessary but I put it there anyway =).

Curious, I get, but your team was in Championships and a Superbowl not so long ago... and this is the game you are most excited about? Both teams are questions which is interesting. What has Kyle cooked up? How rusty will Robert be? What does your uptempo offense look like? Is it just a version of the Bill's Sugar Huddle, a 2 minute offense done for the entire game? Vick has intimated he plans to run much more... can he hold up? The Redskins have been prolific at offense, but vulnerable to big plays on D can they improve?

I should have said the most excited I've been for a season opener.

The benefit of the no huddle isn't from tiring out the defense. It's from limiting the substitutions of the defense and therefore limiting the coverage/defensive options forcing them to play 'wysiwyg' defenses or coverages without disguise.

It's both really

Redskins - 34

Eagles - 23

Morris with a TD run, RG3 with a TD Pass to Garcon and Davis,RG3 with a rushing TD, and two Kobra Kia field goals.

Shady McCoy rush for TD, Vick to D-Jax long bomb TD, but the Eagles just manage those two and end up booting 3 field goals.

Archived