Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions For Week 1 Vs The Eagles

Pastor Troy

Redskins 41

Eagles 35

We blow them out, and they close the gap late (think Dallas Thanksgiving game)

Morris goes for 130 yards and 2 TDs

Griffin throws for 275 yards and 2 TDs

We get our other TD from DEF or special teams.

Vick has the ball with a chance to win at the end, and we get a clutch turnover from Crawford. 

RGIII shows that he's still the same old "Robby Three Sticks" (or however that particular nickname out of a million is pronounced) and leads us to a quick 6 out of the gate, but the Eagles battle back, and show that they won't be a pushover in this game. The offense goes on a few 3 and outs, and the Eagles drive down the field on the Skins, but stall in the redzone.

Close, exciting half ends 14-9 Skins. The defense starts turning the ball over, giving us a short field, running lanes start to widen a little, the Skins get the read option game going more than they did in the first half, Griffin starts slinging it again, and the Skins cruise 28-17. Griffin is miraculously alive after his first game back, the knee is great, the O is sharp... Everyone goes home happy (except the Eagles and a small number of their fans that were actually smart enough to find their way to the stadium  :D ) Then it's on to Lambeau Field

I'm just hoping RG3 is a threat. No preseason games for him and Shanny most likely not calling many QB keepers, makes me worry a little bit.

I know he can pocket pass but our line isn't exactly New England Patriot clones... We'll see soon enough though...

Eagles torch our young secondary early with their high speed offense and go up 17 -10 at half time with a long bomb to Jackson and a blown tackle on McCoy that extends an otherwise short gain.

Griffin spends the first half shaking off the rust and trying to get in sync with his recievers.  They move the ball well between the 20s but a few dropped passes stop our drives in their tracks and we have to settle for 3.  However Morris is able to pound in a short goal line run after a defensive turnover to end the half.

In the second half RG3 comes out strong and extends the opening drive with a long run which ends with him running out of bounds after a huge gain, much to the delight of fans and coaches alike.  A cross pattern to Davis over the middle ties it up 17 all.

Defense holds strong for the rest of the game and the Redskins score two more times, once on a delayed handoff to Morris up the middle and again later on a long bomb to Robinson or Hankerson that sets up a field goal.

Eagles score in the final 3 minutes on a blown coverage deep but ultimatley come up short on their final drive.

Final Score Redskins 27, Eagles 24

Skins 41 - Eagles 24

Tied 10-10 in the 2nd.  38 -17 going into the 4th.

Morris 28 carries, 140 yds, 2 tds.

Cousins 17-25, 250 yds, 2 tds

Fletcher pick 6.

Vick and Shady will play well...But, Beatdown!

Um you got it wrong.... RG3 is playing week 1. Not Cousins

I do not expect a blow out win, it's an NFC East game.  The Eagles are not going to come in with a "kiss the ring" kind of attitude and lay down, new coach or not.  The game is still in question until a late RG3 touchdown pass to Fred Davis puts the game away with three minutes left.

Redskins 28

Eagles 17

I think we will have some big victories this year...but it won't be on opening night.  The Redskins will earn this one.

I think we start a little slow and the Eagles jump out of the gate. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see us playing from behind through the first half and even well into the third quarter. I just see their offense being a giant unknown and you have to imagine that it will lead to points for them. Factor in either 1) Griffin's first real action or 2) Cousins leading the team and I see our offense struggling to keep up.

My hope and belief is that our defense will settle in and start to get stops and that our offense will have the ball with a shot to win the game late. I see the Skins pulling it out and getting the season off on a good note. Something along the lines of 27-24 or 30-28. Phew.

I think the Eagles will get the early lead. RG3 rust plus a few tricks from the new Philly O will lead to a slow start for the Skins. ESPN's haltime will be spent gushing over Kelly's genius and that RG3 is not ready to play. In the second half RG3 will be rust free and the Eagles D will be gassed from having to come back out after a few short 3 and outs. Skins take control and pull away 31-20. RG3 has 2 TDs 1 INT, Morris has 2 TDs and around 170 yds. By the end of the game Philly's D is helpless to stop the Skins rush O.

Robert is going to be inspired, 'Rak is going to be inspired, Alfred is going to be inspired.  MNF week 1, Robert is back, crowd is raucous, and the Eagles come to down to try and sport a new scheme...this spells terrible matchup for the Eagles.  The Redskins strike early and often while Philly is still trying to find itself.  Its a buzzsaw and the Redskins lead 24-3 at the break.  As we often do with a lead, The Redskins relax a bit and Philly starts to find a rythm but it isnt enough as Alfred and Robert run the ball down their throat and salt away a 34-17 victory.

Archived