Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions For Week 1 Vs The Eagles

Pastor Troy

All touchdown drives count the same, so we will need to stop the Eagles a few times even if we are successfully milking the clock and putting points on the board. It sounds very elementary, but I think coming away with 7 as often as possible is far more important than whatever the TOP turns out to be.

Good point. When we get in the red zone, we need to come away with 6 and not 3.

McCoy is a real threat for Philly.  The Skins' defense can struggle with versatile running backs.  McCoy catching passes out of the backfield is a huge concern.

Hopefully RG III shakes the rust off quickly, aided by a heavy dose of Alfred Morris.

Skins should win this game at home on MNF ---  31-17 Skins

Still have the bad taste from Laron Landry running his big mouth before the Philly MNF game a couple years ago and being unable as usual to back it up.  Philly came out, punched the Skins in the mouth and embarrassed the team on MNF.

Hopefully tonight further washes away that memory!!!

This Redskins Team is actually better than anyone thinks.  We are about to witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!

Superlaser2.jpg

Very nice. I hope that's the case (and appreciate the Star Wars reference). I just hope the Kelly-led Rebel Alliance doesn't find the small weakness and exploit it. If we look strong tonight and win relatively comfortably, I'll start to think we can do something cool this year. Until then, I'm thinking that we are a 9-win team against this tough schedule.

Very nice. I hope that's the case (and appreciate the Star Wars reference). I just hope the Kelly-led Rebel Alliance doesn't find the small weakness and exploit it. If we look strong tonight and win relatively comfortably, I'll start to think we can do something cool this year. Until then, I'm thinking that we are a 9-win team against this tough schedule.

I agree that our schedule is incredibly difficult but if we stay healthy (HUGE IF), I think we can notch 12 wins and take the division.  I think one of the things against us as fans is that we have just gotten so accustomed to finding a way to lose we cannot imagine winning.  You know it's bad when we have an 18 point lead in the 4th and I feel pretty sure we have no chance.

The most telling thing for me will be when we have that 14 point lead at the start of the 3rd quarter.  Do we go all Patriots and try to embarrass the Eagles on national TV or do we go into protect with 30 minutes to play and squeak one out?  Do we have the killer instinct?  Do we have the will to impose a FATALITY! on the egos of our opponents or do we try to win Miss Congeniality?

I agree that our schedule is incredibly difficult but if we stay healthy (HUGE IF), I think we can notch 12 wins and take the division.  I think one of the things against us as fans is that we have just gotten so accustomed to finding a way to lose we cannot imagine winning.  You know it's bad when we have an 18 point lead in the 4th and I feel pretty sure we have no chance.

The most telling thing for me will be when we have that 14 point lead at the start of the 3rd quarter.  Do we go all Patriots and try to embarrass the Eagles on national TV or do we go into protect with 30 minutes to play and squeak one out?  Do we have the killer instinct?  Do we have the will to impose a FATALITY! on the egos of our opponents or do we try to win Miss Congeniality?

Sure, we could win 12. Unlike some other years, I don't see any automatic losses on the schedule this year. But a couple bounces against us, and we could be clawing for the post-season.

What's awesome is that Redskin football is back. It's all entertainment for me and now I have 4 months of being entertained and elated by this fun team. Whether I'm thinking/reading about what we could have done better or how great we looked, days are more fun during football season.

A Redskin loss tonight is still more fun than a Monday night in May.

Sure, we could win 12. Unlike some other years, I don't see any automatic losses on the schedule this year. But a couple bounces against us, and we could be clawing for the post-season.

What's awesome is that Redskin football is back. It's all entertainment for me and now I have 4 months of being entertained and elated by this fun team. Whether I'm thinking/reading about what we could have done better or how great we looked, days are more fun during football season.

A Redskin loss tonight is still more fun than a Monday night in May.

Hey you love those May O's games!

Archived