Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Pre Season Game Day Thread - Skins at Titans

TK

Lot to like in this second half, here are some observations:

- I thought Xavier Nixon did a fairly good job in pass protection.

- It seems that our run blocking did really well (I'm glad this is true for starters and backups).

- Royster hit all the holes well, Keiland did well with limited PT.

- Paulsen had a really nice catch on a bit of an overthrown ball by Path White.

- Lance Lewis - mostly good, but that fumble on the roughing-the-passer call can't happen in a real game. Also, he had a TD pulled back on a penalty on Nixon -- great catch.

- Pat White looked solid - the stats may not seem great, but anyone who watched the game could tell he is a great threat as a runner and a decent enough passer to stick around somewhere as a 3rd string QB.

Defense

- Defensive line + LBs were solid - Philip Merling looked really good, showed off the moves that made him a 1st rounder in 2007.

- Vic So'oto went a long way towards showing why he deserves a roster spot on this team.

- I thought Minnifield and Crawford did a good job in coverage except for a 30-yard pass they allowed late in the game (I think it was Crawford and Safety #48).

Pretty happy with the results, HAIL!

Good Win Team. Game Ball goes to Cousins!

Game ball should go to White. White had to make some very clutch plays. White not only did it once, but twice(the TD pass, but was called back, and two point conversion). I'm not saying we should crown him,but he definitely did enough to deserve the game ball. 

Pat White looks good running the option and I agree if he plays well in the next 3 games we should take him as #3. But I wouldn't cut Grossman until then, hell PW might stink it up in the next game and what then...

Rex sucks at all levels, its time to let him go imo.  I know we got the mega discount on re-signing him for one year to be a 3rd stringer and all, but honestly, Pat White can't be any worse than Rex at this point in either of their careers.  I know Pat was out of football for three seasons, but the guy looked pretty sharp, so he still has potential.  Rex has looked and played like he was out of football for the past three years.

We are talking about our 3rd string QB.  If RGIII and Cousins both go out with injury and we are on the 3rd stringer, then I'd prefer White to Rex any day.  He brings more to his overall game than Rex because of his speed/legs.  We already know what we got in Rex, someone that shows flashes, can march you down the field at times, then make the ****ing dumbest throw into coverage you have ever seen, resulting in a pick.  At least with White, we can still run the option and rely on his ability to make plays. 

Good game.

I liked;

1. Pat white - should give hime more playing time next week

2. Philip Merling played ok

3. Chase Minnifield should certainly be in our 53 man roster

4. Cousins is a good QB

We need to work on

1. Tackling

2. Over eagerness (neutral zone infractions) and over pursuit (LBs)

3. Special teams (punting by Rocca a bit off and kickoff coverage) needs more practice

Good game.

I liked;

1. Pat white - should give hime more playing time next week

2. Philip Merling played ok

3. Chase Minnifield should certainly be in our 53 man roster

4. Cousins is a good QB

We need to work on

1. Tackling

2. Over eagerness (neutral zone infractions) and over pursuit (LBs)

3. Special teams (punting by Rocca a bit off and kickoff coverage) needs more practice

Pretty much agree with everything here.  Rocca looked like he has a tired leg.  Kickoff coverage looked tentative at best.  Hoping tackling improves as the preseason goes on. 

Game ball should go to White. White had to make some very clutch plays. White not only did it once, but twice(the TD pass, but was called back, and two point conversion). I'm not saying we should crown him,but he definitely did enough to deserve the game ball. 

If you wanna crown his @#! then crown him!!! J/k but seriously he may unseat Rex for 3rd qb.

Kirk looked really good.

Helu while showing good vision and speed/quicks is so light in the pants, one hit or shoulder shrug and he's down. He broke one arm tackle but the play didn't count due to holding.

Still think Royster is solid but nothing special.

Orakpo, great lean , got low, didn't look as stiff as he has. nice sack. but he also got sucked in and over ran a couple plays leaving huge running lanes open and got gashed.  Kerrigan is a stud, what's new.

Didn't like the drops. too many. Briscoe should be cut, he dropped his few opportunities last season too. Hankerson shined a bit.

special teams...ughhh. bad coverage, poor tackling, a lot of poor tackling and bad angles in this game period. As great as Kai is with FG's, his kickoffs....my gawed. The Titans average field position was the 36 or something.

Crawford looked good. Chase looked good. Amerson, some good coverage, some not so good stuff.. The safeties seemed lightweight, drivin back, ran over, bad angles bad tackling. Keep working! 

I don't know what all the coaches were doing purposely to have tape to watch, ie putting players in tough/bad positions without help they would normally have.. etc. But much to correct.

Pat White....well. won't crown him yet...but decent poise, improved accuracy, and as Joe T pointed out he was smart about his runs/scrambles, got a few, and stepped out. Robert, watch that.

Gross Man! ugh. I think you cut White someone scoops him up, cut GrossMan, he'd be available if you needed him any point in the season.

Wayyy too many penalties. Same problem last season...for most of the season league leading. I think they ended up 3rd most. All the turnovers we forced and how little we turned it over last season was great..but the penalties have to be fixed.

I think the starters will be very good to great...the depth I'm not sure about yet. Just observations..I could be wrong about stuff. Being proven wrong about some of these guys would be great. hail!

Archived