Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Pre Season Game Day Thread - Skins at Titans

TK

Please Help!

I missed the game last night, and I want to watch it.  I'd even be

willing to pay a couple bucks to watch it.  Is there any way of doing

so? It's not on NFL Network yet.

I believe if you sign up for NFL Preseason Live(use code directv for a discount) you can go back and watch all the games.

How much is it with the discount? 

Please Help!

I believe if you sign up for NFL Preseason Live(use code directv for a discount) you can go back and watch all the games.

With the discount it was $15.00

NFL network is reairing the game at 5:00 ET on Sunday.

Please Help!

Comcast is gonna rebroadcast the game a few times this weekend.

I don't know about everyone else but I rewatched the shonn greene touchdown several times and while Rambo took a bad angle he also seemed painfully slow . that's something to look for going forward because part of the knock on him coming out of college was that he lacked elite athleticism

I don't know about everyone else but I rewatched the shonn greene touchdown several times and while Rambo took a bad angle he also seemed painfully slow . that's something to look for going forward because part of the knock on him coming out of college was that he lacked elite athleticism

Shonn Green should not burning anyone, dude looks like a fb

Why is everyone so down on Helu? Jesus Crimony the guy hasn't played a football game in a year. He had 13 carries for 57 yards, that's over 4 yards a carry (4.3 to be exact), showed a little burst AND had a 19 yard run called back. What did you expect him to do, have 150 yards? Tough crowd.

Why is everyone so down on Helu? Jesus Crimony the guy hasn't played a football game in a year. He had 13 carries for 57 yards, that's over 4 yards a carry (4.3 to be exact), showed a little burst AND had a 19 yard run called back. What did you expect him to do, have 150 yards? Tough crowd.

Furthermore, he was solid once he got warmed up. Helu actually was a bright spot, in my opinion.

It was the defense that I'm most concerned about.

For me personally, I just don't see anything special with him. I know he's fighting for a backup spot and does not have to be special but we can find better.

This is a terrible example but just hear me out. Years ago when we had Jason Campbell you could just see the guy did not have that special quality. We gave the guy 5 years and he was nothing but mediocre. The second RG3 got on the field, as a fan you just knew he had it.

I know Helu is a backup thus my previous scenario is not a great example but take a look at Kirk Cousins. RG3 goes down and our back up is more than capable of holding the fort down while he gets up to speed (or so it seems).

This is Helu's 3rd year and we're still talking about possibilities and potential. Unlike a guy like Morris who just has it already. There is no potential or possiblity with Morris. He got his chance and took control of it. I'm not bashing the guy, though it does read that way. I just don't see any advantage to keeping him if the rooks show even a slight amount of talent.

His running motion is not smooth, that goes for pre-injury too. His footwork is choppy, he is not light on his feet (it looks like he is running while wearing those feet flippers that swimmers use), and falls automatically after contact more often than not. I don't think these are things you can improve on. The RB position is one that is hard and short lived. If Morris goes down, I want a very capable replacement to fill his spot until he gets healthy again (ala Kirk Cousins). What I don't want is someone like Rex Grossman coming in.

For me personally, I just don't see anything special with him. I know he's fighting for a backup spot and does not have to be special but we can find better.

This is a terrible example but just hear me out. Years ago when we had Jason Campbell you could just see the guy did not have that special quality. We gave the guy 5 years and he was nothing but mediocre. The second RG3 got on the field, as a fan you just knew he had it.

I know Helu is a backup thus my previous scenario is not a great example but take a look at Kirk Cousins. RG3 goes down and our back up is more than capable of holding the fort down while he gets up to speed (or so it seems).

This is Helu's 3rd year and we're still talking about possibilities and potential. Unlike a guy like Morris who just has it already. There is no potential or possiblity with Morris. He got his chance and took control of it. I'm not bashing the guy, though it does read that way. I just don't see any advantage to keeping him if the rooks show even a slight amount of talent.

His running motion is not smooth, that goes for pre-injury too. His footwork is choppy, he is not light on his feet (it looks like he is running while wearing those feet flippers that swimmers use), and falls automatically after contact more often than not. I don't think these are things you can improve on. The RB position is one that is hard and short lived. If Morris goes down, I want a very capable replacement to fill his spot until he gets healthy again (ala Kirk Cousins). What I don't want is someone like Rex Grossman coming in.

I hear what you're saying; he didn't seem to have good balance when contacted, and he kept needing that extra gear at times, but didn't have it.  But apart from that, he seems to have great vision, finds the creases and holes really well, runs hard, and grinds out extra yards.  Everyone would like an elite backup, but I don't know what options we have.  Having RG3 out there would probably open him up even more.  Our RB's are not something I'm worried about. 

Running backs don't just "Run the football" they also "Pass Block" and "Catch Passes" (Roy Helu's strength). You keep helu because royster and him are the only back up running backs who you can trust to "Pass Block" and helu is a better pass catcher and runner than Royster. 

It's easier to contain the run when RG3 isn't there, look at Alfred Morris in the browns game. Don't worry my friend, those holes will get a little bit bigger when it's RG3 handing off and faking the bootleg. lol

And he did it without Trent in the game. I thought he looked fine as everyone loosened up a bit. Not too sure what people were looking for but he hit some good cutbacks and looked fairly elusive once past the line. Looking forward to seeing him catching passes in the next few games.

I wonder if some are still thinking about the highlight videos of the rookies.

that's exactly my point. most can move on from the chris Johnson run but the greene run made him look like just another UN athletic stop gap lacking speed in the mold of horton, doughty, Kareem Moore, dejon Gomes, medieu williams etc.

My computer froze up on me re-watching the game, but before it did I noticed a couple things. With well over 6 minutes remaining in the 1st, our 2nd string o-line was in. Also saw Nield drop into coverage with London rushing instead. I swear Nield dropped 10+ yards. Crazy.

I saw the game the other night and was impressed with certain aspects of the game and not so pleased with others. Overall they played well and I am glad it is the preseason and not the regular otherwise the defense is in trouble. Starting rookie corners is worrisome especially when it comes to tackling in open space. The Chris Johnson run was pitiful for a defense. First Orakpo blew his assignment as contain man because he wants to rush the passer instead of making sure that it is a pass play. Then after the breakthrough Rambo gets faked out by Johnson because of bad positioning. I can take the Rookie making the mistake but Orakpo can't make those type of mistakes. Sacks are great but they don't help you if you give up 50+ yard TD runs. The secondary had some good plays even if they are rookies so there are good signs there. The defense still has issues with tackling and that is the biggest achilles heels of this team. A screen to the WR behind the LOS and three or four player missed tackles that were either behind the LOS or after a couple of yards. This is due to poor tackling and whiffing at air because they put their head down and are grabbing for ankles. This needs to be fixed or they will have games like that all year. Haslett is still the one responsible for making the adjustments that never seem to be made at any time during the game. Also their was a third and long that was converted because of poor tackling. There weren't that many great moves that they made either. I could have made that run at my age because of the poor tackling on this team.

Now as far as the Offense goes there was some good signs of no setbacks even with Cousins and Helu starting. Cousins looks good and still has a hold on the backup position. But behind him I think that Pat White is making a case for the 3rd string position. White has great mobility and has learned enough of the offense that he can play in case the other two go down. Watching Grossman run the offense and try to do a roll out reminds me of Todd Collins trying to run. Neither is fast enough to out run a DL man. Helu looks good at points and ran good but doesn't have the explosiveness or power of Morris. Royster is slower but has power but neither are backs that say they can be a great compliment to Morris. I didn't seen Thompson or Jamison in the game so I don't know if they are any better. At WR Hankerson and Robinson have shown that they can make big plays but they do drop balls more than I would like to see especially when Hankerson was praised by many before being drafted as being one with reliable hands. One bright spot was Lewis. He really caught my eye as a guy that will be pushing someone for a roster spot. He has some sure hands and if Robinson keeps dropping passes he could lose his spot on the team to Lewis. Hankerson and Robinson still have a lot to prove to keep their spots. Robinson more so than Hankerson.

Special teams was not too good. They didn't give up a return for a TD but a poor punt and some more poor tackling could wind up hurting the team down the road if not taken care of. As far as coaching goes I think that they did a good job except the continuing lack of adjustments by Haslett on defense. All of the other coaching seems to be a lot better. I know it is only one preseason game but not all of the starters where in playing so with the sampling that was given it is a good start.

Please Help!

With the discount it was $15.00

NFL network is reairing the game at 5:00 ET on Sunday.

Was all set to watch the game the other night, but due to living out of the area, my Comcast channel on Directv was blacked out at kickoff. Got the DVR set for tomorrow though.

that's exactly my point. most can move on from the chris Johnson run but the greene run made him look like just another UN athletic stop gap lacking speed in the mold of horton, doughty, Kareem Moore, dejon Gomes, medieu williams etc.

What do you expect from Rambo in his first preseason game? He isn't playing by instincts because he isn't familiar with the defense as he should. So I give him a pass. But if you are going to blame him for that then what about an experienced guy like Orakpo and the guys in front of him that get push to the side so easily that makes it easy for them to make those runs. On the Johnson TD run the line went to the left and Johnson went right between the end and Orakpo that even Rex Grossman could have run through. So how do you expect to have a guy tackle a guy like Johnson or Greene one on one in the open field and win every time? He is a rookie that needs the experience and what better way to learn by playing in a preseason game that doesn't count. I can see if it were a regular season game but it wasn't. Baccari Rambo is the least of the worries on defense and if you watch that game like I did you would see more than Rambo's poor tackling. At least Reed Doughty does know how to tackle even if he is not as athletic as some other Safeties. 

Was waiting for someone to start a re-cap or post game thread but I guess we're just putting our thoughts here.

Ups:

Helu and Royster looked like the backs from 2 years ago. I liked K. Williams couple of runs also.

One of my concerns was not having a true back-up lead back to Morris. If Helu and the other backs looks this good the rest of preseason my concerns will vanish.

Tom Compton. Started at LT and played about a half. Got beat by speed one time (@9:57) and had 1 penalty. Showed good movement and strength. On the whole a good outing at LT, most people seem to think the world will end without Trent. Compton plugged in and the offense was didn't miss a beat.

Downs:

2nd unit interior OL gave up quick pressure and hits. LeRibeus/Matthews and to a lesser extent Gettis seemed to be the main culprits.

DL and overall run defense was poor which is disturbing because Jarvis Jenkins was playing and he won't be playing the for the 1st 4 games of the regular season. The unit looked like garbage without Cofield.

MINORS:

Morgan looks healthy, smoother, quicker....he even looks bigger.

Amerson looked like he belonged. Smooth speed and transition to break on the ball. Had a nice hit on RB (but didn't wrap).

Aldrick-dropped a catchable ball, but looked good otherwise.

Hankerson-scored with a nice run after catch on a WR screen, but looked hesistant early in the game on some catch-runs.

Davis looks healthy and ready to go.

DG - what did you think of Orakpo on the CJ run? My impression was he was playing the QB in case of PA (if he hadn't and Locker kept the ball, there would have been no one w/in 10 yards of him. Did Rak play it wrong?

IIRC Rak already admitted that he was out of position on that play which lead to Phillip Thomas being blocked by the TE and to make matters worse Rak also missed the tackle when CJ was ran past him.

Archived