Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Pre Season Game Day Thread - Skins at Titans

TK

Do any insiders have any insight into why Reed isn't starting at SS other then to give Thomas a look?

I don't read a lot of Jason Reid, but more than one of my shows spoke well of this piece today:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-washington-redskins-secondary-improvements-are-of-primary-importance/2013/08/07/94514bc6-ff7e-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html

No specific insight on Doughty, but interesting look into how these three (Rambo, Amerson, Thomas) act as a unit.  It's probably a "let's just see about these guys" move.

No specific insight on Doughty, but interesting look into how these three (Rambo, Amerson, Thomas) act as a unit.  It's probably a "let's just see about these guys" move.

I understand Amerson and Rambo getting the start because they've been taking the practice reps and have basically earned the start.

But, if Thomas starts it seems like they're just handing him the start based on injury alone.

:)

Ps- answer your damn phone ya deaf bastige. :)

I am doing Ye Olde English tradition and am "on holiday."  Will be at war later :ph34r: when the game starts. Oh, forgot for a minute---pre-season. Still....  B)

I understand Amerson and Rambo getting the start because they've been taking the practice reps and have basically earned the start.

But, if Thomas starts it seems like they're just handing him the start based on injury alone.

Yeah, I'd agree.  Thomas is the enigma of the three because we haven't heard much about him until Maske's column about a week ago.  That's where we learned about him missing some OTAs and minicamp time so that he could graduate, etc.

The consensus is that he's come on strong the last week or so.

I think you were right in the pose you asked the question in, DG, I think it's a "why not see what this kid can do" move.

Mike does this stuff.  Remember when Helu and Royster were rookies.  The each got about a half to play with in their pre-season games a week appart?

Would not be surprised to see Reed out there against Pittsburgh on 19 August taking reps with Gomes or Pugh or evern Rambo. 

How important is chemistry and teamwork/familiarity to the secondary as it is to the OL?  Any former DBs (or current?) have any thoughts?  I ask because we could be seeing our own Fab 4 develop with Amerson, Minnefield, Thomas, and Rambo.  If familiarity with your DB brethren is a combat multiplier, we could be growing some serious anti-aircraft artillery.

How important is chemistry and teamwork/familiarity to the secondary as it is to the OL? Any former DBs (or current?) have any thoughts? I ask because we could be seeing our own Fab 4 develop with Amerson, Minnefield, Thomas, and Rambo. If familiarity with your DB brethren is a combat multiplier, we could be growing some serious anti-aircraft artillery.

Talking all tactical like got me amped.

I think chemistry is as important as raw talent. If you don't have confidence in the ability of your supporting cast to do their jobs, it detracts from your ability to do yours. We saw this a lot last year with the CBs being out of positition or seemingly getting burnt because the majority of our safety play was atrocious.

What a potential we have in the secondary - 4 youngins learning from pretty good players. It is exciting!

HAIL

<edit - FWIW, I was never a DB...sorry I missed that part of your post.>

How important is chemistry and teamwork/familiarity to the secondary as it is to the OL?  Any former DBs (or current?) have any thoughts?  I ask because we could be seeing our own Fab 4 develop with Amerson, Minnefield, Thomas, and Rambo.  If familiarity with your DB brethren is a combat multiplier, we could be growing some serious anti-aircraft artillery.

I would assume that it's really important.  Those occasions where they're supposed to let somebody go, and assume that somebody else has him. 

Actual knowledge?  Not a clue. 

Tarp is on the field.  Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville.  pull over on the interstate type downpours.  Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out.  it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous.  Tonight could be a mudder

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry.  I'll go check it out in a bit.

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry.  I'll go check it out in a bit.

Anyone else read this and picture a bunch of people in Titans gear snaking their way under the tarp like moles in the ground?

Tarp is on the field.  Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville.  pull over on the interstate type downpours.  Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out.  it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous.  Tonight could be a mudder

I wish the weather could be excellent for every preseason game. Better for the players' health that way as there's less chance of something going wrong with the turf. 

How many snaps will Pat White be getting? I'm going to laugh if he goes HAM tonight after all the negative response to his training camp performance.

and... Redskins take the field for warmups

I wish the weather could be excellent for every preseason game. Better for the players' health that way as there's less chance of something going wrong with the turf. 

How many snaps will Pat White be getting? I'm going to laugh if he goes HAM tonight after all the negative response to his training camp performance.

He's listed 4th on the depth chart.  This is a good question though and will be interesting to see.  Why give Rex any snaps at all?  He is a known comodity

Archived