Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Pre Season Game Day Thread - Skins at Titans

TK

and... Redskins take the field for warmups

Tarp is on the field.  Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville.  pull over on the interstate type downpours.  Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out.  it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous.  Tonight could be a mudder

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry.  I'll go check it out in a bit.

I wish the weather could be excellent for every preseason game. Better for the players' health that way as there's less chance of something going wrong with the turf. 

How many snaps will Pat White be getting? I'm going to laugh if he goes HAM tonight after all the negative response to his training camp performance.

He's listed 4th on the depth chart.  This is a good question though and will be interesting to see.  Why give Rex any snaps at all?  He is a known comodity

I'd give Kirk most of the first half, Rex a few drives before the end of the 2nd/into the early 3rd and let White handle the rest. I would guess he'll get at least a quarter. It's good practice for the offense in general because he's here to run the read option, which I assume we'll see plenty of when he hits the field.

When TK said NC...I was thinking he was going with Tarhog (perhaps he is). Of course I knew zoony would rep in his home state, my folks are there also.

I have that love-hate relationship with pre-season games.

Love that I get to see football again, hate almost everything else. haha.

Tarp is on the field. Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville. pull over on the interstate type downpours. Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out. it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous. Tonight could be a mudder

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry. I'll go check it out in a bit.

I wish the weather could be excellent for every preseason game. Better for the players' health that way as there's less chance of something going wrong with the turf.

How many snaps will Pat White be getting? I'm going to laugh if he goes HAM tonight after all the negative response to his training camp performance.

They should REALLY have an open bar in the press box if I have to watch more then one quarter of Pat White.

Tarp is on the field. Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville. pull over on the interstate type downpours. Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out. it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous. Tonight could be a mudder

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry. I'll go check it out in a bit.

He's listed 4th on the depth chart. This is a good question though and will be interesting to see. Why give Rex any snaps at all? He is a known comodity

Rex Grossman being a complete known commodity is a double-edged sword. It's one reason you want to see everyone else instead of him, but it's also the reason why he gives you a nice steady baseline performance to run the offense through, so that you can evaluate the new guys on offense with a known entity at QB. Seems like there's an advantage to that, rather than trying to ascertain how well Jordan Reed and other young guys are doing out there while Pat White is winging the ball into the opposing team's athletic trainer on the sideline.

Do any insiders have any insight into why Reed isn't starting at SS other then to give Thomas a look?

I really think you know what you have with Doughty.  The guy has started in the past and played well in the playoff game.  Why NOT start the rookies?  Let's see what they can do against other teams' starters when the games don't count.

Seems like there's an advantage to that, rather than trying to ascertain how well Jordan Reed and other young guys are doing out there while Pat White is winging the ball into the opposing team's athletic trainer on the sideline.

But, hopefully, not some kid on the sidelines.

I really think you know what you have with Doughty.  The guy has started in the past and played well in the playoff game.  Why NOT start the rookies?  Let's see what they can do against other teams' starters when the games don't count.

Kinda agree with that, especially our DBs.

They learn from being on the field. Let 'em learn when the lessons are free.

It's not just no action for RGIII. Redskins will not play RB Alfred Morris, WR Pierre Garcon and OT Trent Williams.

Rookie RB Chris Thompson is not playing tonight, and neither is FB Eric Kettani.

RG3 is in full pads and uniform tonight. Quite a tease.

RGIII's left-handed passes look better than Pat White, who is a lefty.

Rob Carlin ‏@RobCarlinCSN2m

Here's the proof.. RG3 in uniform.. And don't adjust your phone.. He's throwing lefty..

BRLq1DqCQAAIzZK.jpg

Tarp is on the field.  Several Redskins have come out of the tunnel for pregame warmups but they've been relegated to the sideline.

Torrential downpours today in Nashville.  pull over on the interstate type downpours.  Hopefully the tarp kept most of the moisture out.  it stopped raining about 3:00 or so, but the skies still look ominous.  Tonight could be a mudder

They have fans running every 20 yards or so under the tarp, hard to tell, but there is no standing water on the tarp and my guess is the playing surface is probably pretty dry.  I'll go check it out in a bit.

He's listed 4th on the depth chart.  This is a good question though and will be interesting to see.  Why give Rex any snaps at all?  He is a known comodity

The offense needs to know what it's like to play D after an interception.  It will happen a couple of times this season.

B-Mitch back to his normal ****-talking ways. Altough I do agree with his criticism of Robert.

I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way, but-

I have said the same thing repeatedly that Brian just said. Griffin talks way too much. He tweets too much, Facebooks too much, and is generally way too transparent with the media.

He cannot stay out of the spotlight. Can't do it. Mitchell was dead-on about the fact that there's a (not so) subliminal tug of war between Griffin and Shanahan. He's not listening to the coaches. He's giving them lip service in anticipation of thinking he is "owed" the start in week one.

It's not about week one, Robert. It's about your career.

B-Mitch back to his normal ****-talking ways. Altough I do agree with his criticism of Robert.

I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way, but-

I have said the same thing repeatedly that Brian just said. Griffin talks way too much. He tweets too much, Facebooks too much, and is generally way too transparent with the media.

He cannot stay out of the spotlight. Can't do it. Mitchell was dead-on about the fact that there's a (not so) subliminal tug of war between Griffin and Shanahan. He's not listening to the coaches. He's giving them lip service in anticipation of thinking he is "owed" the start in week one.

It's not about week one, Robert. It's about your career.

Huh? He's doing EXACTLY what Shanahan wants, while also saying he wants to play week 1. Nothing wrong with that, he wants to be out there with his team. Saying he isn't listening to The coaches is ridiculous. Of course he is. Otherwise, he'd be taking every 1st team snap every day.

Archived