Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Before the season began, I predicted that Westbrook would average a triple double and win the MVP.  I thought it would make Durant look dumb for leaving OKC.  But seeing the way unchained Westbrook plays, I actually think it makes Durant look smart and I feel empathy for him.  I was way too harsh in criticizing him for leaving OKC, because who the **** would want to play basketball like that?  Leaving that ****hole and that team to go play free flowing team oriented basketball in the beautiful Bay Area for the second best team in NBA history was the temptation of all temptations.  He still broke the NBA, but by God, what an easy decision it should have been.

I agree.  This whole season got me thinking. 

Durant going to GS is one thing...but seeing how Russ is, dude would be next to impossible to play with.  Good luck luring other quality FAs to come to OKC. 

• Like 1

Blake Griffin is right there for the taking too.  From Oklahoma, so he's the one star FA in the NBA where location isn't a huge disadvantage.  Chris Paul is turning 32 at the beginning of May and probably only has two or three star caliber seasons left in him.  This Clippers build might be on the brink of running its course.  On paper, it makes all of the sense in the world for Griffin to get out while he can and go play with another star PG in his home state.  But if I'm him, there is no way in Hell I'd leave Chris Paul to go play with Westbrook.  That'd be going from the Stephen Hawking of point guards to someone who reads the game at a remedial level.  It would be misery.

If I were Griffin, I'd sign like 2 + 1 deal to stay in LA and if Chris Paul gets old, then opt out of the final year and go sign with Cleveland or DC or Portland or San Antonio.

Lets not lose track of the fact that OKC had the Warriors bent over a barrel and asking for forgiveness in the Western conference finals. Lost 3 games straight (games in which Durrant shot very poorly when he got the chance - and he got it often) AND then decided, on the heals of taking the beating and embarrassment of being the first team ever to lose a series up 3-1, to join the squad who made him their personal ****. 

I mean I get it. Westbrook is a ball hog and probably really difficult to play with. But if this was the problem for real, you would have seen it before now.

And this doesn't make Durrant any less of a ****. Hes spent all season acting like he is the Alpha male, but you mean to tell me an Alpha like that took a backseat to Westbrook for all those years? And we knew nothing about it? Naw. Im not buying that one.  

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lets not lose track of the fact that OKC had the Warriors bent over a barrel and asking for forgiveness in the Western conference finals. Lost 3 games straight (games in which Durrant shot very poorly when he got the chance - and he got it often) AND then decided, on the heals of taking the beating and embarrassment of being the first team ever to lose a series up 3-1, to join the squad who made him their personal ****.

I'll give you most of this, but in Game 7, Durant was exceptional. He played well enough for them to win...  Westbrook did not. If I'm remembering correctly, he was throwing up a lot of bricks in the fourth quarter and actually finished the game with more shots than Durant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I'll give you most of this, but in Game 7, Durant was exceptional. He played well enough for them to win...  Westbrook did not. If I'm remembering correctly, he was throwing up a lot of bricks in the fourth quarter and actually finished the game with more shots than Durant.

You know what, you are correct. Game 7 Durrant played his but off. I did forget that. 

I guess the proper argument would be - it should have never gotten to a game 7. But you are correct and I cannot discount his performance. 

My point, though, is that the two of them played well enough to almost win. He didnt have to take the chump way out and join the Western Conference All Stars. I aint mad at him and I get it. But its a chump move and Westbrooks performance shouldnt be some kind of validation for it. 

• Like 2

I apologize in advance. 

If you don't have a star 5 or a star 3. Ehh...

If I felt like I could rise as an NBA player... I am not going to a team without a real star 5 or a real star 3. 

A solid 1 is decent, a 2 is amazing. Not enough to make me leave to play somewhere else. 

Paper does count. 

All of those guys want to get paid. 

• Like 1

Good God Paul George.

When Myles Turner finally puts it all together, he's going to be a problem.  When he was at Texas, I got a LaMarcus Aldridge vibe from him.  But he's a unicorn.  A shot blocker with three point range.  He is his own thing.

Thank God he doesn't know how to play yet.

Indy's coach should be ashamed of himself.  Build a huge league and then destroy your own offense by milking clock too early (entire second half) which throws your offense off and helps the other teams defense.  Now they're losing and trying to pick up the pace again.  

This is the nba's version of prevent defense.  All it does is let the other team back into the game if they go to it too early.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Indy's coach should be ashamed of himself.  Build a huge league and then destroy your own offense by milking clock too early (entire second half) which throws your offense off and helps the other teams defense.  Now they're losing and trying to pick up the pace again.  

This is the nba's version of prevent defense.  All it does is let the other team back into the game if they go to it too early.  

Yeah I hate that. A 20 point lead in today's NBA is really nothing. You hit a few 3s in a row its down to 10 and then anything can happen. Its so easy to score a lot of points really fast nowadays.