Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The east is terrible. I think that's the real revelation of the first week of the playoffs 

The East doesn't suck.  Boston sucks.  I tried to tell you that a while back but you didn't believe me.

Toronto sucks too but anyone whose paid attention to them the past three years already knew that.

The Wizards and Cavs are good and the low seed one star teams are frisky.  Better than the OKCs and Portlands and Denvers of the world.  That includes Miami, who got really good when they got healthy.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You mean series?

No, literally a game. I don't think he's lost in the first round since like 2012

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The East doesn't suck.  Boston sucks.  I tried to tell you that a while back but you didn't believe me.

Toronto sucks too but anyone whose paid attention to them the past three years already knew that.

The Wizards and Cavs are good and the low seed one star teams are frisky.  Better than the OKCs and Portlands and Denvers of the world.  That includes Miami, who got really good when they got healthy.

Yet Somehow Boston was the 1 seed. Sure Cavs are good but in a funk and Wiz are alright but overall the conference isn't good. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

LeBron is the only safe MVP vote this year.  Only one that history would judge favorably.  If you vote Westbrook and he gets swept out of the first round, that looks terrible.  If you vote Harden, then people will be looking back on the vote like they do with Nash and think WTF?  Really?  A guy who didn't lead a one or two seed and never made it to the Finals over Curry/Durant/LeBron?  Leonard is a safer vote as he led a 60 win team and has won a Finals MVP in the past, but future observers would still going to laugh at the notion that he won it over LeBron.

Once Durant went down, it had to be LeBron.  He is the only choice that won't make you look dumb in five to ten years.

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Steve, the East sucks, man.

24 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yet Somehow Boston was the 1 seed. Sure Cavs are good but in a funk and Wiz are alright but overall the conference isn't good. 

The difference is Golden State and San Antonio.  After those two in the West the conference isn't special.  The West was stronger overall in the past when the Mavs and Memphis weren't crypts filled with shambling mummies and OKC still had Durant.  But today, from the Rockets on down the conference is no better than the East top to bottom.

• Like 2

No one actually thinks the Raptors are any good if they have been paying attention. They peak in the Regular season then hurry to the couch to watch the playoff like the rest of the fans. 

They never fail to amuse me. But honestly, and I say this in all seriousness, im impressed they weren't swept. They are playing a clearly more talented and driven team. 

• Like 1

Remember earlier this season when Wade/Butler and the rest of the team (including Rondo) were at odds?  Early in this game it seems that maybe Rondo was more important than they thought.  Bulls look like a different team without Rondo running the offense.  

1 assist in the first quarter for the Bulls.  Down 33-15.

Boston extremely fortunate.