Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The question is: do other stars even want to play with Westbrook? Durant clearly didn't. I think they'll have a hard time attracting another star which they obviously need. When Westbrook doesn't play at a very high level the Thunder are basically the Nets.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Players will go where they can win and get paid.

Historically, if you're not a warm weather or big market team, you have trouble luring big name free agents. 

And don't use LeBron as an argument. Lol

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Nah. Playing the best ball of his life. 

15 points, 5 reb, 4 blocks in 13 mins. 

Crazy production in very few minutes.  Just comes in and flies around the court for 10 minutes before Kerr senses he's going to try some crazy stuff and yanks him out.

Looking at the Houston game I notice that the Rockets guards scored 93 points of the 115.  All other positions combined added just 22. 

Harden 35

Gordon 22

Williams 21

Beverly 15

Westbrook might want to step his defense up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Nah. Playing the best ball of his life. 

15 points, 5 reb, 4 blocks in 13 mins. 

The young man has a unique skill set and always seemed like a pretty decent person.  I'm happy for him.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

via Reddit, here's a compilation of Westbrook missing open teammates in the 4th.

Link

MVP.

And like they would have made the shots.

Russ sat on the bench for 90 seconds and the lead disappeared. I wouldn't trust they asses either.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Russ sat on the bench for 90 seconds and the lead disappeared. I wouldn't trust they asses either.

LOL Westbrook should pass up open shooters to take awful shots because he has a better chance of making them?  The excuses for Westbrook chucking, stat chasing, and playing bad basketball are as endless as they are predictable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean, who else is supposed to shoot on that team? Its Westbrook and a bunch of jags. Without him they're the Nets.

34 minutes ago, DM72 said:

So we'll ignore the fact that McDermott was 4/5 overall and 3/4 from 3pt range? 

This narrative that Russ' teammates suck has got to stop.  Steven Adams had 3FGAs in 27 minutes...but hey, triple-double. 

Russ' season was incredible, but it's coming at the expense of his teammates.  The real MVPs should be whoever else is sacrificing their numbers so Russ can do his thing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Without Russ, OKC is in the lottery. When he left the game, they fell apart. 

Same can be said of the Wizards without Wall...Rockets without Harden...Cavaliers without Lebron...Bucks without Giannis....it goes on and on.

Like I said, the narrative has GOT to stop. 

Before the season began, I predicted that Westbrook would average a triple double and win the MVP.  I thought it would make Durant look dumb for leaving OKC.  But seeing the way unchained Westbrook plays, I actually think it makes Durant look smart and I feel empathy for him.  I was way too harsh in criticizing him for leaving OKC, because who the **** would want to play basketball like that?  Leaving that ****hole and that team to go play free flowing team oriented basketball in the beautiful Bay Area for the second best team in NBA history was the temptation of all temptations.  He still broke the NBA, but by God, what an easy decision it should have been.

• Like 2