Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

who cares about regular season wins.  These guys didn't even play the Spurs or Thunder last year and coasted to the finals and then played a Cavs team without Kyrie 

You imagine last years Spurs team was better than who exactly?  They finished 6th in the west and lost in the first round.  Thunder didn't make the playoffs.  You think the Warriors would have had a harder time if they had played either of those two teams last year? 

Did they only beat the 2nd place Rockets because superstar Patrick Beverly was injured?  lol

Let's wait until the fully healthy Cavs get passed the Raptors before we decide that they would have crushed the Warriors if only they'd had Kyrie.

I don't want to do the legwork, but I'm sure it's less than 50 pages ago that the consensus here was that the Thunder were a fraud team, that Durant was leaving, that Donovan was no better than Brooks, and that Westbrook was basically Iverson with better fashion sense.

Now, they were always the best team and the Warriors were a fluke.

McQueen's Wizards' takes have influenced all of you far too much. Every day, it's a brand new different radical belief.

I mean, last week, weren't we talking about how Ibaka had turned into a bum? Now, he's doing Ibaka stuff in one of the biggest potential upsets ever.

2015 Warriors = 1999 St. Louis Rams. The quintessential "flash-in-the-pan". The league takes a year to catch up...and that's all she wrote.

Remember a couple a months ago when Draymond was superior to Rodman and the 95-96 Bulls wouldn't be able to handle these Warriors?

Good times...

• Like 1

It actually wasn't that difficult.

April 19th:

These opening round games have been garbage for the most part.  Billy Donovan was a bad hire.  Pitino he ain't.  Him and Hoiberg are in over their heads.  

When OKC was rolling along a few years back, I thought that Durant leaving seemed far fetched, or wishful thinking for teams that hoped to land him.  Now, I kinda get the feeling that he's gone.  The coach hasn't done them any favors, but the Westbrook/Durant combo just feels worn out.  We shall see.

Donovan isn't an improvement at all on Brooks, somehow they are nearly the same.

Really tho, the front office has done a rather poor job IMO of putting pieces together around Durant and Westbrook. Ibaka is inconsistent. A team with 2 of the best 6 players in the entire league should be a lot better. I think it falls on coaching and management.

OKC will be completely irrelevant in 2 years once both of those guys are gone

And McQueen...of course McQueen....From February

Yep. Wall isn't Westbrook. But he's clearly the fourth best PG in the league, and Wall's playing style suits Durant's pretty well. Ibaka really isn't much better than Gortat. And Beal and Porter are for damn sure better than the wasteland OKC is playing on the wings between Durant and Westbrook. The step down in talent from OKC ain't that big, and you'd see in OKC's record if Durant left them.

But the main draw is that there is a wide open path to the Finals in the East. Add Durant to Wall, Beal, Porter, and Gortat and they could beat Cleveland.

2015 Warriors = 1999 St. Louis Rams. The quintessential "flash-in-the-pan". The league takes a year to catch up...and that's all she wrote.

Remember a couple a months ago when Draymond was superior to Rodman and the 95-96 Bulls wouldn't be able to handle these Warriors?

Good times...

The Rams were a heavy favorite in the Super Bowl in 2001 and Warner was openly talking about trying to win 4 Super Bowl rings.....

The league didn't catch up. Curry seems slightly off and Westbrook is eating him for lunch and Draymond seems to have forgotten how to play basketball for the past week while Durant is turning into Magic Era Dwight Howard on D.

• Like 1

I think McQueen re-examines and gives a hot take on the state of his life and the universe every 30 minutes

That seems about right.

I never post in the Wizards thread, but it's my favorite thread here. I read his posts and think, "Hey...I bet my man got laid last night...." or "Somebody had a very bad meeting at work....poor little lamb."

• Like 1

But the Rams were good in 2000 and went 14-2 in 2001 (and then lost the SB).

The league didn't catch up to them. Their D let them down both years.

That said, I'm stunned by the results so far. Props to OKC for going up 3 to 1.

Dang..lkb beat me to it.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Not a fluke run at all - they've had more wins in any two season stretch except for the 96-97 Bulls. They did get lucky that 2/3 of Cleveland went down by the end of Game 1 of the Finals but injuries happen.

Never thought I'd say this but I am kind of glad the talk of Curry being "by far the best player" in the league is coming to a halt. The best player resides in Cleveland and wears #23. Even on a poor shooting night, LeBron can still be an impact defender and is the best passer in basketball. When Curry is off from 3, he goes from MVP level to just very good but not great.

Disagree. Curry has been the best player in the league the past two seasons. Westbrook and Durant are better than LeBron is now too. They're in their questing prime and LeBron is not. Durant passed LeBron two years ago during his MVP season and the foot injury was the only thing that interrupted that. He's back now. And Westbrook exploded last season and became a top three scorer and a truly dominant playmaker. It's all clicked for them, similar to how it clicked for LeBron in 2012.

LeBron is the league's fourth best player, and he can still turn it on and be dominant for stretches. But he can't be better than them for a whole season.

It's a huge drop off to player number 5. Not even sure who that would be. Chris Paul or Blake Griffin I guess.

Never thought I'd say this but I am kind of glad the talk of Curry being "by far the best player" in the league is coming to a halt. The best player resides in Cleveland and wears #23. Even on a poor shooting night, LeBron can still be an impact defender and is the best passer in basketball. When Curry is off from 3, he goes from MVP level to just very good but not great.

Lebron's defense hasn't been very impressive against the raptors IMO.

Id have recommended a drug test for McQueen 2 months ago had he said then what he's saying now, but I agree. To me, Russell Westbrook is playing like Perfect Cell from DBZ, inheriting the genetic traits of every vanquished enemy until he is basically invincible to everyone except some runt with a broken arm that spent like 5 years in a hyperbolic time chamber.

Aint no hyperbolic time chamber coming anytime soon. Meanwhile Lebron and the Cavs have morphed into Krillin, getting their asses kicked by moron henchmen.

• Like 3

I agree with most of what LKB has said on the Thunder/warriors except when he said that this is how Westbrook has always played, the shots are just going in now.

While he has been shooting at a better clip the past couple games he has used his incredible athleticism to basically break down the defense and get any player he wants involved in the game. When he doesn't play as a me-first player and figures that the other guys aside from Durant will get theirs off the glass, he is unstoppable.

Sure, he still jacks too many early possession threes but he is much more controlled and reigned in this postseason, since that last Spurs loss. When he looks to facilitate, there really isn't anything you can do with him. He is the most explosive player probably in NBA history and can get to the basket at will, if the defense doesnt collapse on him, so when they do, he easily finds the open man.

They just finally realized their potential and found out how to best impose their outlandish athletic and skill advantages they have over basically anyone.

And McQueen...of course McQueen....From February

I actually stand by everything in that post, although I discounted the level of difference between Westbrook and Wall. Westbrook is clearly a lot better than Wall. Ibaka isn't that much better than Gortat and Waiters and Roberson suck, Beal and Porter are way better than them.

And when Durant missed last season they were a 45 win team, which is pretty much what this Wizards team is. Take him away from them, and put him on the Wizards, and you will flip the records. The Wizards would be the 55 win title threat.

But it doesn't really matter that the Wizards have role players of higher quality at X Y and Z positions in the rotation when OKC has Westbrook to pair with Durant. They could contend with utter garbage at spots 3-8.