Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Back to the stupid Wilbon article for a second, here is Bomani Jones (who has a few master degrees in economics) thoughts on the topic. As usual, it's fantastic.

A lot of people seem to get angry when they are asked to do any math more complicated than figuring out an 18 percent tip. If you are never exposed to math in the first place, it likely gets worse.

The analytics thing that is largely generational. There’s another issue that I think comes up that black people are generally steered away from mathematics. Math and science related fields, people of color and women, and people of color not including Asians in this discussion, but people of color and women are typically pushed away from those directions. I’ve taken a lot of high-level math, where you look around and are like, “Damn, it’s just me.” Like that’s the game. That’s what the game’s been for a very, very, very long time, so I could imagine that there are black people that aren’t necessarily so inclined to lean on these advanced numbers because nobody has ever been so inclined to lean these advanced numbers back upon us. I can see it like that.

But that’s an exposure issue, more than it is something like innate about black people or anything like that. White people are hitting me up today like, “Yo man, what’d you think about what Wilbon say?” Yo, Wilbon might want to answer for all the black people, I don’t. I ain’t never really been here for that. I’m answering for this one right here, and I’m happy to be one with a bunch of degrees in economics, so like I’m not the guy, that sees it, in that way. I’ll never be the guy that sees it in this way.

• Like 1

If they somehow force game 7 I fully expect another horrific beatdown.

But it would put a bunch of pressure on Cleveland and send panic throughout the organization and fan base. I can see them playing tight because of that leaving the door open for Toronto to either seize or choke away

You see the opening tip last night? That crowd was ready to see some Cleveland type **** go down.

• Like 1

Devastating picture

kGxdG4g.gif

i'm dead

Back to the stupid Wilbon article for a second, here is Bomani Jones (who has a few master degrees in economics) thoughts on the topic. As usual, it's fantastic.

Bomani Jones is a national treasure

• Like 1

Bomani Jones is a national treasure

His ability to cut to the real issue in every "embrace debate" sports debate is amazing. We can argue for years about whether dudes talk about OPS at the barber shop, but why does that matter?

It's like his incredible speech on the real issue in the Donald Sterling case - which was this was a guy who had a 40 year career filled with examples of housing discrimination, which he tied to the Chicago murder rate, which he then tied to a personal anecdote. And he seemed to do it all off the top of his head.

He does tweet an alarming amount though.