Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I can't stand Lebrons teams and the rules horse**** that surrounds his team. Even if the Raptors win Biyombo is suspended because Lebron flopped a few games ago, and Love caught enough arm to pretend he got elbowed. Meanwhile Lebron cheerily announced he was paying his goons fine, just like he did in Miami, and we all just agree not to discuss it.

It's the will of the Basketball Gods.

You know you're in Canada when your incredibly helter skelter bball team gets their asses handed to them and not only is everyone still there, they are cheering their team on.

Not that I have a problem with it. Its admirable... Yet so Canadian.

What is worse is losing to that team

Damn Doc haha

You know you're in Canada when your incredibly helter skelter bball team gets their asses handed to them and not only is everyone still there, they are cheering their team on.

Not that I have a problem with it. Its admirable... Yet so Canadian.

Can't forget the French settled Canada...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

These have been the most garbage playoffs in recent memory.  Hoping for a good end to the GS/OKC series and a good Finals. 

I'm excited to see Lebron fail again and blame his teammates.  Should be a fun implosion.

What makes folks want to see LeBron lose? 

Not that I root for the guy, I simply don't get the hate beyond Bullets fans. 

Lots of trips to the big stage...and won a couple. 

What makes folks want to see LeBron lose? 

Not that I root for the guy, I simply don't get the hate beyond Bullets fans. 

Lots of trips to the big stage...and won a couple. 

Did you see his "I played great" press conference after game 4?  Things like that make people love to watch him lose.  He has moments where he looks human and then he gets on TV and makes tone deaf statements. 

Pretty sure we expected the Cavs in the Finals. 

The east rarely has surprises these days. 

It was a lock before the season started.  The only interest was if they'd get their healthy this time.  They have.

• Like 1

Sure, his ego is on another level. 

Still this is one of the all time greatest players that we will ever see. 

Again, I don't root for him, but I don't look forward to seeing him lose. 

As a Lakers fan, I still have Bird as a top 5 SF ever. Just an incredible player. 

LeBron is not the reason the Bullets lost to the Cavs. The Bullets are the reason. 

Sure this is simple rambling. You hopefully get the gist of what I mean though. 

It was a lock before the season started.  The only interest was if they'd get their healthy this time.  They have.

See that is the part about the east right now that sucks. At the same time we still marvel at LeBron still getting there. 

Team to beat in the east based on one player. That's damn impressive. 

Lebron is just fun to root against. He's a good dude and an amazing all time great player, he just makes a fun foil to me. I don't mind his ego or arrogance, he's pretty much earned that. Him losing though is fun drama

Add in that he plays for Cleveland again and I just enjoy rooting for their eternal suffering so it goes hand in hand.

It's really not one player though.  The east has it's talent spread thin... except for Lebron's teams since he joined Miami.  He's been with two allstars ever since.  Miami has been without Bosh twice since Bron left.  Lebron is a great player but his results in the finals have shown that he's not a super hero.  When he's met other deep talented teams, he's lost as often as he's won.  I'm only counting Miami because the Cavs were crap the first go round and injured badly last time.  

Look at the teams at the top and you'll see that most of them have at least two stars and a 3rd really good player.

Lebron, Irving, Love

Curry, Thompson, Green.

Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka

CP3, Blake, Jordan

Leonard, Aldridge, Parker

No other team in the East really has that.  Put Wall, George, and Butler on a good team and Lebron would have some competition.  I think if Miami were fully healthy they might have give the Cavs a run this year with Wade Bosh and Whiteside.

I don't say this to diminish Lebron, he's a great player can make any team far better... but no player does it alone. 

I'm not necessarily rooting against LeBron but I am actively rooting against Cleveland because I don't want their town to have title glory until the Caps and our fans do.

That makes me petty and flawed but they have to keep suffering without a title in my eyes until one of the DC teams (ie Capitals) get a title.

Misery loves company

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.

"Big 3" of the three nba teams left:

Golden State - Curry drafted by Warriors, Klay drafted by Warriors, Draymond drafted by Warriors

OKC - Durant drafted by Sonics, Westbrook drafted by Sonics, Ibaka drafted by Sonics

Cleveland - Lebron free agent, Love free agent, Irving #1 overall pick (which is why lebron "went home" and convinced Love to meet him there, JR came too.

Thunder, Warriors led by 100% homegrown talent. Meanwhile, Lebron is trying to lead his second custom made all-star team to an finals win.