Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

if OKC holds on to win, what OKC has done just to get to the finals is unreal. knocking off the spurs (I know, they're finally showing their age), and then knocking off the greatest team in nba history. just to get to the finals. so much respect.

West is where it's at.

• Like 1

The more you watch the Thunder play in that arena, the more you think: why the hell would Durant ever leave that to play in the mausoleum we call Verizon Center which is filled with 50% opposing fans?

Because Cleveland isn't 50% opposing fans when Lebron is on their team, maybe?

The more you watch the Thunder play in that arena, the more you think: why the hell would Durant ever leave that to play in the mausoleum we call Verizon Center which is filled with 50% opposing fans?

50% of fans in the phone booth when okc is in town are durant fans. So that means if he played in DC, we would have 100% of the fans right?

This isn't the Wizards thread, so I'm going to try my best not to derail this with KD2DC talk (especially with a game going on). I just want to put out a disclaimer that anytime I see a post that I feel maybe trying to generalize Wizards fans, I reserve the right to respond/defend them.

50% of fans in the phone booth when okc is in town are durant fans. So that means if he played in DC, we would have 100% of the fans right?

Its not just that. When we play the Knicks its 50% Knicks fans. When we played the Lakers it was 50%(at least)Lakers fans. It got so bad that John Wall was getting booed, at home. Not by home fans of course, but by the very vocal opposing fan base.

Why would Durant subject himself to that when he can stay in OKC where they have arguably the best home court advantage in the league?

You would have the dreaded "bandwagon" fans. You would become what you hate.

Hey...that's different...

Its not just that. When we play the Knicks its 50% Knicks fans. When we played the Lakers it was 50%(at least)Lakers fans. It got so bad that John Wall was getting booed, at home. Not by home fans of course, but by the very vocal opposing fan base.

Why would Durant subject himself to that when he can stay in OKC where they have arguably the best home court advantage in the league?

To Be fair, if you believe Durant would make the Wiz a contender, obviously that would put more Wiz fans in the seats Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

You would have the dreaded "bandwagon" fans. You would become what you hate.

I don't like it either, but you gotta start somewhere. We'd need some type of sustained success in order to rebuild our fanbase. We've sucked for too long, imo.