Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't think anybody thought they would go 16-0

They can't. They got punched in the mouth and went checked out. They don't want this street fight

I said 16-0 regular season as in comparing to 2007 Patriots. As impressive as a 73 win season is, it will be hard to brag about because it did not result in a championship. Edited by Renegade7

More strong takes:

- Westbrook vs Curry is to the PG position what LeBron vs Durant is to SF.

- Westbrook and Curry are currently better than peak Chris Paul was, as well as peak Rose.

- When they retire, they will be considered the second and third greatest PGs of all time, behind Magic, and ahead of Oscar and Zeke.

- The only way for Golden State to rebalance the scales is to acquire LeBron and go mano a mano with OKC on completely even footing. How incredible would this be?

I love The Rock and Kevin Hart, but god that movie theyre in looks awful.

More strong takes:

- Westbrook vs Curry is to the PG position what LeBron vs Durant is to SF.

- Westbrook and Curry are currently better than peak Chris Paul was, as well as peak Rose.

- When they retire, they will be considered the second and third greatest PGs of all time, behind Magic, and ahead of Oscar and Zeke.

- The only way for Golden State to rebalance the scales is to acquire LeBron and go mano a mano with OKC on completely even footing. How incredible would this be?

Lebron would have to leave Cleveland. He aint leaving Cleveland. Thats the corner he backed himself into when he chose to come home.

I am still amazed at Westbrook and whoever decided to draft him at 4.

Consensus from local media was he was not NBA ready and headscratching when he went 4.

He averaged more pts, rebs, assts his rookie year in NBA than final year of college!! Who does that?!

Edited by Fergasun

I don't wanna hear about how curry must be injured or something. He was getting buried in screens by every player on okc's roster all night long. The Thunder just want it more. Draymond and co tried to punk Adams and Westbrook, but Russ has got a case of Dew on the bench and Adams stole Duncan's 1000 yard stare.

Crazy in hindsight that Michael Beasley and OJ Mayo got picked ahead of him. Not because they had any less talent than him. Or worse BBIQs. Those guys were prodigies and awesome talents coming out of college. Shows you how much heart and competitiveness matter. They make all the difference. Mayo and Beasley were total tin men and Westbrook froths at the mouth over basketball.

Goes without saying that it's friggin nuts that Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio, Johnny Flynn, and Hasheem Thabeet got picked over Curry. Johnny Flynn... wtf?

I mean you can sort of see the (bad) reasoning from the time for picking all of those other guys except Flynn over Curry. Griffin was an obvious #1/#1 and set the league on fire as a rookie. He was the second coming of Shawn Kemp at worst. Harden was an amazing college player and has ended up meeting expectations as a pro. Tyreke Evans was ROTY and had a 20-5-5 rookie season, which hadn't been done since LeBron did it. Seemed like he was a future star. Ricky Rubio was a child prodigy at the PG position, starting for a very good Spanish national team at 16 years old IIRC. Setting the world on fire at the 2008 Olympics. And Thabeet was like 8 feet tall and the star of an awesome UConn team.

But never a justification for Johnny Flynn. Especially since Minnesota had just picked Rubio and Curry was a SG coming out of college.

• Like 1

I don't wanna hear about how curry must be injured or something. He was getting buried in screens by every player on okc's roster all night long. The Thunder just want it more. Draymond and co tried to punk Adams and Westbrook, but Russ has got a case of Dew on the bench and Adams stole Duncan's 1000 yard stare.

I would normally agree, but he was missing open layups and wide open threes.  This is a guy that makes 45% of contested threes off the dribble, the entire Steph legend is built on taking shots with defenders on him.  I seriously doubt that Westbrook, who is a mediocre defender, simply wanted it so much that the best shooter in history couldn't hit a layup. 

The player the Thunder defense has entirely eliminated is Draymond Green.  Not only is he playing horribly, he's lost.  I watched him all game and he looked unsure of where to be.  On defense he was guarding ghosts that weren't there.  On offense, check these stats of his last two games combined. 

12points (2-16 fg, 0-4 from three) 15reb 5ast 10 turnovers in 70 minutes. 

That's not bad.  That's "when is the starter going to be healthy so this scrub can go back to the bench" kind of bad.

I think they'll win this next one by a big margin. They are too good to just roll over at home. It's all about getting that game six in OKC.

Glad they don't do a 2-3-2 format. If ever there was a team that needed a home game to escape a slump, it's Golden State.

Dunno, man. Westbrook and Durant smell blood. Doubt they make a return trip to OKC in this series.

• Like 1

Dunno, man. Westbrook and Durant smell blood. Doubt they make a return trip to OKC in this series.

It looks really bad right now. OKC is physically beating them up. But I guess I'd still be surprised if Golden State laid down for them in game five. They have too much talent and pride to do that. And the law of averages suggests they'll bounce back and shoot really well eventually in order to regress to their mean.

Curry going to get any Lebron-like slander for playing so poorly? 

This series is a wrap.  Westbrook is like a shark out there looking for blood.  He's elevated his game to another level.  This dismantling of GS is something I would have never envisioned. 

Also, Draymond Green looks every bit as much of a 2nd round pick.  He's been HORRIBLE. 

Curry going to get any Lebron-like slander for playing so poorly?

I think you're starting to hear some grumblings. The whole "Baby Face" thing can only last so long with what he and the Wartiors morphed into, and their whole Soul Train performance toward the back half of the regular season.

They lose this next one, they deserved to get crushed. All of them. 73 wins in the garbage.

Edited by Mr. Sinister