Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

a 2nd/3rd round challenge?  that would be new to Bron.  the west is a problem.  

Bron Bron is used to the easy path to the finals in the East.  1, maybe 2 games lost to the finals.  

I love hating on Bron.  It feels so natural.  He's such a corny dude.  How can anybody support him after that ejection tech by his own teammate last week.

For heavens sake, people.  he's born and raised in Ohio, a state with two (2) pro football teams, yet he loves the Dallas Cowboys.  That tells you everything you need to know about him.  

As the world's biggest Westbrook defender, I have to say that seeing you all now coming over to my side of the fence is quite exciting. The selfish turnover machine who was going to run Durant out of OKC is now a shark who smells blood and is going to single-handedly send a historically great team home in a Game 5 blowout. This is fun stuff - especially since he has done nothing to change the way he plays all the damn time. I mean, he was taking threes off the dribble last night early in the shot clock and the only difference was they were going in.

Having said all that.....I still kind of like GSW to win in 7.  It's just inconceivable to me that they are going to go out 4-1 with a home loss. And they are the kind of team that probably just needs a win to get the machine working right again. To me, this is really a one-game series: I think GSW is going to win Game 5 and unless there is a major injury problem, there is no way they lose a Game 7 at home. So, this series is going to come down to Game 6 in OKC. OKC is probably a comfortable favorite in that game, but it's going to pretty much be an elimination game for both teams. 

Assuming OKC wins, we are probably going to have to wait until the next Sloan Conference to really figure out what the hell happened here. But here are my thoughts.

1. Curry has been the third best player in this series (more on that later) and Draymond has been kind of awful. The team with the best player in a series usually wins. The team with the two best players is pretty much always going to win.

2. Curry looks exhausted. On offense, OKC is switching without fear, and while that sometimes leads to Curry undressing Adams on a drive, he's still having to constantly make aggressive moves on offense. I feel like he is doing Reggie Miller like work to score in this series, which is not typical. There have not been many of those two minute runs where he seems to shoot 4 wide open threes without running more than 40 total feet. On top of that, he's killing himself on D.

3. Donovan is not setting the world on fire as a coach, but it looks he prepared himself for the playoffs by watching tapes of what Coach K did with the Olympic team - which was turn NBA players into college players and just exploit the **** out of the matchup advantages on offense and switch everything on D because your center is a good enough athlete to guard their point guard. Obviously, the advantages aren't the same here, but he's avoided falling into the "going big" versus "going small" trap. He's just playing 5 guys and trusting them. I thought he would play a ton of Adams and Kanter and try the approach the Cavs used last year by getting 50 offensive rebounds a game. Instead, his two bigs have been Durant and Ibaka for the most part and they are wearing GSW out on the defensive end. Which is insane.

4. Going to point 3, this is the best Durant has ever played on D. GSW is the one team that makes him look like a 7-foot shot blocker and he's playing that way.

5. Curry is probably going to score 60 in Game 5.

• Like 1

I think you're starting to hear some grumblings. The whole "Baby Face" thing can only last so long with what he and the Wartiors morphed into, and their whole Soul Train performance toward the back half of the regular season.

They lose this next one, they deserved to get crushed. All of them. 73 wins in the garbage.

It's funny how the "injury" talk surfaces when they're down 3-1.  Meanwhile, crickets when this happened:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The NBA is fun.

We mock you when you are a great player who has never won a title. Then we hate you as soon as you win a title because you are now boring.

And no one is ever as good as Jordan was.

Oh, no...GSW are exciting.  I'll take time out of my day to watch them hoop. 

I'm enjoying this bit of adversity they're facing and the fact that we might be near the point when the media doesn't treat steph curry w/ kid gloves. 

And yes...no one was ever as good as Jordan. 

The NBA is fun.

We mock you when you are a great player who has never won a title. Then we hate you as soon as you win a title because you are now boring.

And no one is ever as good as Jordan was.

Exactly. To be hated is a rite of passage. It means you no longer are the cute little upstart squad that takes pictures with disabled children and drinks 2% milk, and promotes abstinence/safe sex.

You're the powerful prison yard bully that would rather yank a disabled kid out of their wheelchair and posterize them, and slam down whiskey and grab your nuts on an oppposing teams court... And must be humbled

It's the natural order of things

It is absolutely amazing how a team as good as GSW can handled like this.  I expected that even if Green was suspended a game that they would come back with a big game to tie the series. 

In saying that, I think the real story here is how OKC is about to run through the best 2 teams in the NBA back to back.  And people earlier were saying if OKC wins, they won't be able to stop the CAVs?  They may not, but from the way OKC has been playing, I would not count them out.

I know I'm looking forward, but I don't know why people thought that the Cavs could beat the Thunder.

GSW
Spurs
Thunder

Cavs

That's always been my order. I always thought one of those three teams would beat the Cavs in the Finals.

I would love to see Westrbook obliterate Irving in the Finals. Kyrie don't want them problems man.

• Like 1

Speaking of slander, if the Warriors lose this series, Draymond deserves whatever criticism that comes his way. He's been historically bad so far. And no, that's not hyperbole.

I wonder if Marv Albert jinxed him. Seems like the mmment he mentioned how poor Draymond lists all the guys that went ahead of him in the draft, he started playing like the guy who saw all those guys get picked ahead of him in the draft...

• Like 2

Curry going to get any Lebron-like slander for playing so poorly? 

Did Curry declare that his play was great in the press conference following this loss like the King did? Lebron is working hard in Cleveland to get people to notice him again, but no one seems to care. Curry, Westbrook, and Durant have stolen all the headlines.

Because its REAL

amUUo41.gif

You got a championship and a 73 win season. With all due respect, shut up.

lol

If a team wins 73 games and then gets blown the **** out in the playoffs, they become arguably the biggest let-down chokers in NBA history.

This is far worse than the 17-1 Patriots.   This is like Brazil in the last World Cup. 

• Like 3

Speaking of slander, if the Warriors lose this series, Draymond deserves whatever criticism that comes his way.  He's been historically bad so far.  And no, that's not hyperbole.

OKC's leads balloon whenever he is on the court.

Golden STate can normally get bigs off the court but they cant with Adams, and then Durant and Roberson are giants who can switch. I think this series is done and I cant believe how wrong I was. They should beat Cleveland too.

• Like 2

If a team wins 73 games and then gets blown the **** out in the playoffs, they become arguably the biggest let-down chokers in NBA history.

This is far worse than the 17-1 Patriots.   This is like Brazil in the last World Cup. 

If I'm not mistaken, the Pats or Brazil weren't defending Champs. I would love to be in your position right now. Do you know who my team is? lol

Did Curry declare that his play was great in the press conference following this loss like the King did? Lebron is working hard in Cleveland to get people to notice him again, but no one seems to care. Curry, Westbrook, and Durant have stolen all the headlines.

Yea, let's absolve him for his play.  Off the court stuff/quotes from Lebron are just that...off the court.  No biggie. 

Curry's been a non-factor for most of this series and now the injury talk is surfacing.