Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Going to have to disagree, Taze. I don't think Jerry is a great owner by any stretch.

He's done some pretty ****ty things, like raise ticket prices the year after his team went 1-15. And his "rules" for fans at Bank of America are a joke. In turn, he's taking all the excitement out of attending games there. Also, I don't think he's ever gave any interviews on local radio here. I mean, I'm a very private guy myself. But I'm not the owner of an NFL franchise.

There was also some incident involving him during the lockout a few years back, that didn't paint a very good picture of him. Can't remember the specifics of that though.

With that said, it is a great thing that he did with the UNCC football program. I've never been to a game there, but you can tell on tv that it's a first class stadium. The PSL thing is stupid though. Didn't realize UNCC has that, too.

Yeah, and on top of the PSL thing, you have to make a annual donation, per seat, to keep the seat location.  It's not too bad, for the seats we have.  But the good seats, like they have at NFL stadiums, that run from the 35 to 35 yard lines in front of the press box, the annual fee is outrageous.  

You must be talking about when he said something to the effect of "It's time to take our league back now!" and had his tirade.  Gotta love unions and collective bargaining :)

The rules about no signs and taking off shirts, etc. are stupid.  But hey, I'm a Redskins fan so I don't care lol.  Same with the ticket prices.  I catch a game or so here and there.  It sucks for season ticket holders, no doubt though.

I think he's a really good owner (great on certain things), certainly not the best, but he gives back to the community and is mostly hands off as far as owners goes, writes the checks, unlike Jerry Jones or Snyder (until recently).  Though, the treatment of Steve Smith still baffles me.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Jerry Richardson is a grande douche. He just looks good when standing beside Snyder.

Hey, that grande douche pretty much brought football to UNCC, so I'm happy :)  But he hasn't done **** for the Hornets or the NBA.  Sorry for getting off-track everyone.  I'll stay on topic from here on out.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Lebron

Top five players in the Eastern Conference today in order?

I'll go:

1.) LeBron
2.) Melo
3.) George
4.) Wall
5.) Noah

Why is Melo ranked so high?  In addition, for as good as Paul George CAN be, I don't think he's the 3rd best player in the conference.  Noah is too low, and you can make a case for Chris Bosh OR Al Jefferson to be on that list as well. 

If I was to do it, factoring in team success as well as individual, it would go like this:

Lebron

Bosh

Noah

George

Melo/Wall

*edit* read Simmons' piece this morning.  I thought it was about as far and balanced of an article you can find regarding Carmelo Anthony.  I know people have their opinions of Simmons, but it was an excellent piece of writing that he did. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Basically that article was another "Melo ****ed up and should have gone to Chicago" article. Those are starting to annoy me

Dude made his decision. Let him live

I'm glad he didn't. First I don't want a potential super team Bulls here for the next couple of years. That wouldn't have been a guarantee. Rose is an unknown and it's not clear Melo would have totally fit with Thibs.

But I also want to see what Phil Jackson can do with Melo in New York. It's going to take a little while, but I think Phil will build a good team.

*edit* read Simmons' piece this morning.  I thought it was about as far and balanced of an article you can find regarding Carmelo Anthony.  I know people have their opinions of Simmons, but it was an excellent piece of writing that he did. 

I generally agree with him on Melo. But that article was immense and I stopped reading once we got into the ten best power forwards ever stuff.

Hiring Zach Lowe was the best thing for Grantland but the worst thing for Simmons. His NBA columns were more readable before he felt like he had to go "deep into the numbers" all the time.

I generally agree with him on Melo. But that article was immense and I stopped reading once we got into the ten best power forwards ever stuff.

Hiring Zach Lowe was the best thing for Grantland but the worst thing for Simmons. His NBA columns were more readable before he felt like he had to go "deep into the numbers" all the time.

Zach Lowe and Jonathan Abrams are the two best basketball writers out there. 

You guys are gonna drive yourselves crazy over this stuff. It's 2 years off lol

Na, I'm just accepting it as happening. I've waited 30 years for the Bullets/Wizards to matter, what's two more? And if freak **** occurs and he doesn't come, again, 30 years of suck. I'm used to it.

See, that's what bandwagoners miss out on. Sticking with the hometown team no matter what builds character. As such, Wizards fans are better human beings as a result.

• Like 1

Simmons needs a hard limit on how long his columns can be.  Today's Carmelo story was 5,100 words -- it could easily be trimmed by a third and probably be considered too lengthy.

Many of his better pieces are from the time he wrote for ESPN the Magazine.  He had to file columns weeks in advance and had a hard word count (1,500 max).  And he couldn't insert endless YouTube clips of Larry Bird and scenes from Almost Famous.  

Na, I'm just accepting it as happening. I've waited 30 years for the Bullets/Wizards to matter, what's two more? And if freak **** occurs and he doesn't come, again, 30 years of suck. I'm used to it.

See, that's what bandwagoners miss out on. Sticking with the hometown team no matter what builds character. As such, Wizards fans are better human beings as a result.

.....uh....um....ok bud.

*creeps slowly away*

I hear ya.  Long time Warriors fan here.  Historically, we are just like the Bullets/Wizards.  We finally got decent a couple of years ago, and it is fun as heck, but the other shoe is going to drop any second and it will be 30 more years of disappointment.  I'm steeled for it.

I hear ya. Long time Warriors fan here. Historically, we are just like the Bullets/Wizards. We finally got decent a couple of years ago, and it is fun as heck, but the other shoe is going to drop any second and it will be 30 more years of disappointment. I'm steeled for it.

Yeah you know what I'm talking about. Welcome to the "Real Fans: I'm a Better Person Than You" Club

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1