Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The NCAA saves the NBA a lot of money because they don't have to run their own farm systems and start paying kids at 15. That's why the NBA has a vested interest in seeing the NCAA thrive. Same for the NFL.

Then they should pressure the NCAA to, at the very least, adopt the same rule book. I would certainly appreciate a shorter shot clock while watching the NCAA tournament.

The NCAA saves the NBA a lot of money because they don't have to run their own farm systems and start paying kids at 15. That's why the NBA has a vested interest in seeing the NCAA thrive. Same for the NFL.

Thing is, a lot of college kids don't really develop in college. College coaches are interested in winning first, developing second. Most of these young guys come into the NBA with really raw skills and have to develop them in the NBA, so it isn't like the NCAA is really helping the NBA at all.

What I was gonna post. I think a good league with 8-10 teams of professionals may benefit both leagues (think teams full of all conference players). NBA/NFL need a place for lower tier/late blooming talent to bloom even with a college-age d-league.

Interesting to see if MJ can keep Lance in check. He's been trouble at every level starting from high school from what I've read. Apparently Larry Bird was able to calm down his crazy somewhat in Indy.

Charlotte is going to be decent.

Agreed Heat will take a step back. Still think the Pacers or Chicago will be the best in the east. Probably your 1 and 2. 

Indiana really has no one reliable to put up points besides George and an aging West. While Indiana imploded in the second half, metrics show that it was actually Stephenson who kept them afloat and helped them maintain their #1 seed. I think this hurts Indiana really badly.

Edited by No Excuses

Interesting to see if MJ can keep Lance in check. He's been trouble at every level starting from high school from what I've read. Apparently Larry Bird was able to calm down his crazy somewhat in Indy.

He's a good player but he's nuts. Ron Artest level.

At least Charlotte isn't a city that is gonna expose him to too much trouble

But the Bulls could have had him and Mirotic at the same price they paid Pau....

Indiana really has no one reliable to put up points besides George and an aging West. While Indiana imploded in the second half, metrics show that it was actually Stephenson who kept them afloat and helped them maintain their #1 seed. I think this hurts Indiana really badly.

I simply believe in Larry Bird. I think he'll put together a team that will fight for the best record in the East. Maybe its guys who didn't play as much last year. I just think he is a supreme NBA mind.

Then they should pressure the NCAA to, at the very least, adopt the same rule book. I would certainly appreciate a shorter shot clock while watching the NCAA tournament.

Yeah, a lot of the problems with the style of play in CBB could be fixed by going to the 24 second clock, limiting the types of allowable zone defense, and changing the way they call fouls so that on ball defenders can't mug ball handlers all the way down the court Scottie Pippen style. The game would benefit from opening up.

He's a good player but he's nuts. Ron Artest level.

At least Charlotte isn't a city that is gonna expose him to too much trouble

But the Bulls could have had him and Mirotic at the same price they paid Pau....

I think Stephenson is too volatile. I would not be messing around with him despite his talent. We very well could have already seen the absolute best of his career with these past two years in Indy. Guys like him alienate teams and coaches and tend to flame out.

Indy made the right move in letting him walk IMO. He was too much a part of the problem. They'll miss his talent, but you could tell that locker room was so toxic that Roy Hibbert looked flat out depressed. They hated playing together.

They're at the cap. I guess their plan is find the best SG they can with the MLE. That team would look pretty good with a Ray Allen on it IMO.

So basically Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe are the only two big fish FAs left, both RFAs. Both playing for teams that have hedged themselves to lose them. Both looking for mini max deals, both with legit questions about their value--Bledsoe with the knee injury and Monroe with the regression and lousy D.

What I'd like to see is Bledsoe end up in Milwaukee, growing up with Parker and Giannis and Larry Sanders.

I wanted to see Greg Monroe end up in DC but that's not happening unfortunately. New center, no cap space, no trade assets. I would have said New Orleans or Dallas would be good fits too, but they just got new centers. San Antonio would certainly be a nice fit for him. Atlanta could be a good fit too if they dealt Millsap or let him expire this summer. Move Horford back to PF. And also the Lakers or Knicks could be a good fit for him if they had the assets to deal for him this summer.

I think the EC will be highly competitive at the top with a lot of late season jostling among the top five seeds or so. A lot of it is going to come down to who has the best home court advantage, which favors Indy IMO.

1.) Indy - 55 wins

2.) Chicago - 54 wins

3.) Washington - 52 wins

4.) Toronto - 51 wins

5.) Cleveland - 50 wins

6.) Miami - 48 wins

7.) Charlotte - 47 wins

8.) Atlanta - 44 wins

I think Washington's lack of a clear home court advantage holds them back in the regular season. But I think they end up being the best road team in the conference by far, and that they'll win a road series against Chicago and Indy.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

@sam_amick: Lance Stephenson will sign a 3-year, $27 million deal with Charlotte, I can confirm. Third year team option. @rick_bonnell first.

Heat are gonna be worse. Pacers are gonna be worse....

Wide open

Lance is the answer to the question "What about the Hornets?"

Yeah, a lot of the problems with the style of play in CBB could be fixed by going to the 24 second clock, limiting the types of allowable zone defense, and changing the way they call fouls so that on ball defenders can't mug ball handlers all the way down the court Scottie Pippen style. The game would benefit from opening up.

I don't think college coaches want the shorter shot clock. College coaches want to control every second of the game and the long shot clock allows that.

I swear every college offense is fourteen dribble handoffs followed by a desperation three with the shot clock winding down.

I simply believe in Larry Bird. I think he'll put together a team that will fight for the best record in the East. Maybe its guys who didn't play as much last year. I just think he is a supreme NBA mind.

They are really trapped with their roster though. If they get help, it needs to come from within.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I think the EC will be highly competitive at the top with a lot of late season jostling among the top five seeds or so. A lot of it is going to come down to who has the best home court advantage, which favors Indy IMO.

1.) Indy - 55 wins

2.) Chicago - 54 wins

3.) Washington - 52 wins

4.) Toronto - 51 wins

5.) Cleveland - 50 wins

6.) Miami - 48 wins

7.) Charlotte - 47 wins

8.) Atlanta - 44 wins

I think Washington's lack of a clear home court advantage holds them back in the regular season. But I think they end up being the best road team in the conference by far, and that they'll win a road series against Chicago and Indy.

I'm curious as to why you still think Charlotte is a 7 seed, despite them significantly improving their team this offseason?

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why you still think Charlotte is a 7 seed, despite them significantly improving their team this offseason?

I definitely could be wrong, but I'm not sure I buy they did improve significantly this offseason. I think they made some lateral moves in the short term, and most of their improvement is more of the long term variety.

Mainly, I don't think either Vonleh or Hairston really give you guys anything this season. Vonleh looks incredibly raw. And in the short term, I don't like signing Stephenson and losing McRoberts. Stephenson is a destabilizing element that I can see clashing with your coach almost immediately. Plus I could see some Al Jefferson regression to the mean happening this season.

The one thing Charlotte has going for them is they play really good defense and Clifford has improved the culture.

I think they improve by around five wins or so, which still places them below 50. Stephenson isn't that kind of difference maker, takes too much off the table.

If Charlotte makes a big jump, it's because MKG and/or Zeller made a HUGE jump this offseason. I don't really expect that to happen. But I acknowledge that it certainly could. They're talented.

IMO, Charlotte's real window is years down the road when/if MKG, Zeller, and Vonleh all enter their primes and give you a Pacers-like front court.

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland

3. Toronto

4. Charlotte

5. Indiana

6. Miami

7. Washington

8. Atlanta

You question why someone puts Charlotte as the 7th seed, but then you put last year's 5th seed, who advanced to the second round, and has added some good pieces to a good team, two spots lower than they we're last year?

You question why someone puts Charlotte as the 7th seed, but then you put last year's 5th seed, who advanced to the second round, and has added some good pieces to a good team, two spots lower than they we're last year?

Yep. I don't think the Wiz are any better than last year. They will be no higher than a 5 seed. Mark it down.

I think the Wiz were a 6 seed last year, btw.

Edited by Bubble Screen