Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

This is a make or break season for Kidd-Gilchrist. Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard are already All NBA talents. Bradley Beal and Andre Drummond look poised to make big leaps to All Star status.

MKG can't be piddling around at 25 minutes and 7 points a game any more. He's teetering on the edge of bust-ville. That pick already looks really bad, he needs to at least play like a legit starting caliber SF this season.

Over/under 5 knockouts dished out by them ?

They'll scrap w/ each other, and I'm 100% sure there will be a nightclub incident as well. 

Said the Ron Artest lover LMAO

Bubble Skip, you're the posting equivalent to a bottle of Zima.  Simmer. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Yep. I don't think the Wiz are any better than last year. They will be no higher than a 5 seed. Mark it down.

I think the Wiz were a 6 seed last year, btw.

I'll take the bait, fellas...

How are they not any better?  They finished as a 5 seed and have had a GREAT offseason.  This is as deep of a team that you'll find in the EC. 

At the MINIMUM, they should win 50. 

Edited by RonArtest15

How are they not any better? They finished as a 5 seed and have had a GREAT offseason. This is as deep of a team that you'll find in the EC.

Charlotte was one game worse than Washington last year. And I think Charlotte improved their team more than the Wizards did this offseason.

I have zero doubts that the Hornets finish with a better record this year.

Interesting to see if MJ can keep Lance in check. He's been trouble at every level starting from high school from what I've read. Apparently Larry Bird was able to calm down his crazy somewhat in Indy.

Indiana really has no one reliable to put up points besides George and an aging West. While Indiana imploded in the second half, metrics show that it was actually Stephenson who kept them afloat and helped them maintain their #1 seed. I think this hurts Indiana really badly.

Just don't let him and PJ room together on road trips......

Yep. I don't think the Wiz are any better than last year. They will be no higher than a 5 seed. Mark it down.

I think the Wiz were a 6 seed last year, btw.

Wizards were the 5th seed and played the 4th seed Bulls in round one.

I think the bulk of Washington's improvement will come from Wall and Beal having another year together. Porter having a healthy offseason and working in. Gortat getting another year in the system. Then you add the FAs.

Last year they finished 5th with Nene missing a bunch as usual and nobody really backing him up. This year they added some backup options along with the guys they already had.

Anything can happen. Not really confident with Randy still. But I think they will finish better than they did last year.

I think it is:

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland

3. Washington

4. Miami

5. Indy

6. Atlanta

7.Toronto

8. Charlotte

I could see that top 3 happening. Maybe I'm giving Indy too much credit and Rose's chance at coming back and playing really well too little credit.

If Rose is legit good--a fringe All Star--they're the one seed. Too well coached, too hard to beat at home. But I think he's done. I don't think he'll ever be even a fringe AS again. And without a good Rose, I can't get over how vulnerable the Wizards made them look in the postseason. Pau Gasol and a rookie Doug McDermott won't cover that talent gap, which if anything, will widen as Wall and Beal improve. Chicago will still win a bunch of regular season games and still be tough to beat at home... so long as Noah stays healthy. But they're not actually that good without a good Rose.

I think you might be giving Miami too much credit and Indy too little credit. Miami is probably only getting 50 games from Wade and I don't think Bosh is nearly as good as his reputation any more. That team is going to go into games against half the conference and be less talented. The only reason I gave them as many wins as I did was because they're stable and have a good culture and will probably put up a solid home record.

And I think losing Stephenson, Bynum, and Turner will be good for Indy's mojo. Roy Hibbert really had an awful year and Paul George's play dropped off substantially. I think George learns to cope with the offcourt stuff better and figures out how to play a whole season at a star level and I think Hibbert has a big bounce back season. They definitely peaked at the beginning of last year, but then they cratered. I think they level out and have a solid year start to finish, winning a bunch of home games in a conference where the top is wide open.

I'd put Cleveland in the top two or three also if not for all the unknowns. I have no idea how good that coach is going to be. No idea how good Irving and Bennett and Wiggins and Waiters and Thompson are going to be. I think their roster is still too young and all the pieces don't quite fit right yet. And I'm not sure LeBron and a rookie Wiggins are enough to account for the 20+ win improvement it'd take to make Cleveland a top two or three seed.

I think Charlotte and Toronto will be solid because they play good defense. Toronto has a home court advantage and they are a legit threat to win 50 games. They almost did last year.

BUT, I could also see Toronto being the other one besides Miami to take a step back next season. They clearly benefited a great deal from playing in the Titanic division. Brooklyn is a mess but they're still decent. New York will probably be a lot more competitive this season. And Boston won't be tanking.

I think you're a little high on Atlanta too. Getting Horford back is a big deal, but he'll probably get injured again. They've got a great coach, but their is still a lack of talent there IMO.

How are they not any better?  They finished as a 5 seed and have had a GREAT offseason.  This is as deep of a team that you'll find in the EC. 

i don't follow the bullets at all...  

(i keep trying to will myself to do so... but you can live inthe area and still just forget they exist.  they are never talked about much on the local sports-radio, and you NEVER accidentally stumble onto a game on TV....)

... but didn't they finish the season much better than they started?

I think our success still boils down to Jefferson staying healthy all season and through the playoffs.  I'm worried more about PJ screwing up and doing something stupid than I am Lance.

Lance is going to get a change in scenery, will be one of the go to guys and won't make an ass out of himself his first year here (at least I don't think he will).  Now his second year or third year, who knows.  But most of the time when players act a fool, relocate, they keep it in check at least the first season.  I don't care about trash talk anyhow, it was stupid to act the way he did towards LeBron, very childish.

It's time for some guys to step it up, no doubt.  But if we can get some consistent production from PJ and Vonleh, I don't think 48-50 wins is out of the question.  Same with the Wizards.  If you look at the final seedings last year, there was a one game difference between 5/6 and 7.  

If the Wiz didn't get the luxury of playing Miami's bench the final game in the season and had to play them at full strength, you most likely lose that game.  We win the tie-breaker and get the 6th seed, your the 7th and have to face Miami in the first round.  That's how close it was.  

I don't think the Hornets are going to be pushed around and can be legitimate competition in the playoffs this upcoming season.  I'd toss them in the middle of the pack, possibly a 4 seed or a 5 seed.  Wiz the same.  I actually think it will be another fight in seeding between the Wiz and Hornets.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I could see that top 3 happening. Maybe I'm giving Indy too much credit and Rose's chance at coming back and playing really well too little credit.

If Rose is legit good--a fringe All Star--they're the one seed. Too well coached, too hard to beat at home. But I think he's done. I don't think he'll ever be even a fringe AS again. And without a good Rose, I can't get over how vulnerable the Wizards made them look in the postseason. Pau Gasol and a rookie Doug McDermott won't cover that talent gap, which if anything, will widen as Wall and Beal improve. Chicago will still win a bunch of regular season games and still be tough to beat at home... so long as Noah stays healthy. But they're not actually that good without a good Rose.

I think you might be giving Miami too much credit and Indy too little credit. Miami is probably only getting 50 games from Wade and I don't think Bosh is nearly as good as his reputation any more. That team is going to go into games against half the conference and be less talented. The only reason I gave them as many wins as I did was because they're stable and have a good culture and will probably put up a solid home record.

And I think losing Stephenson, Bynum, and Turner will be good for Indy's mojo. Roy Hibbert really had an awful year and Paul George's play dropped off substantially. I think George learns to cope with the offcourt stuff better and figures out how to play a whole season at a star level and I think Hibbert has a big bounce back season. They definitely peaked at the beginning of last year, but then they cratered. I think they level out and have a solid year start to finish, winning a bunch of home games in a conference where the top is wide open.

I'd put Cleveland in the top two or three also if not for all the unknowns. I have no idea how good that coach is going to be. No idea how good Irving and Bennett and Wiggins and Waiters and Thompson are going to be. I think their roster is still too young and all the pieces don't quite fit right yet. And I'm not sure LeBron and a rookie Wiggins are enough to account for the 20+ win improvement it'd take to make Cleveland a top two or three seed.

I think Charlotte and Toronto will be solid because they play good defense. Toronto has a home court advantage and they are a legit threat to win 50 games. They almost did last year.

BUT, I could also see Toronto being the other one besides Miami to take a step back next season. They clearly benefited a great deal from playing in the Titanic division. Brooklyn is a mess but they're still decent. New York will probably be a lot more competitive this season. And Boston won't be tanking.

I think you're a little high on Atlanta too. Getting Horford back is a big deal, but he'll probably get injured again. They've got a great coach, but their is still a lack of talent there IMO.

I'm guessing wildly, of course.

I think if Miami had not just lost the best player in the league, we'd be praising their off-season. There's just a lot of good basketball players up and down that roster.

I'm operating on the assumption that Rose comes back to something similar to the player he used to be.

And I think the person who is going to explode in Cleveland is Kyrie Irving. I'm basing this on nothing aside watching him in two all-star games, and am probably completely off-base. But when he played with great players, he really seemed to enjoy the challenge and elevated his game. The last three years in Cleveland, he's looked pissed off and disinterested half the time - like he was thinking "This is soooooooo beneath me." That's not the kind of player you want as your leader. But as the #2 guy playing with an All-Time great? Yes, please.

You know what it could be like? Robert Parish. Parish was moody and disliked in Golden State (from what I've read). Once he got the chance to play with Larry Bird every night, he became a machine.

Like everything else, I'm probably totally wrong here.

... but didn't they finish the season much better than they started?

Yes. I wanted to mention that fact to Bubble Screen, but I just didn't care enough....

Well since I mentioned it already, I might as well keep going. 

Not only did they play better than what they started, the team really gained confidence in the playoffs. I think next season, they will have the attitude that they can beat anybody and will try their hardest to do that. 

You also can't missed what Gold Pants, said. You have to factor in that you will have a better John Wall and Bradley Beal. Especially Beal, I think he takes an even higher leap next year. I can see him averaging over 20 ppg this year. 

And I haven't even said anything about having Andre Miller for a whole season to solidify the backup PG, a more confident Otto Porter, and the additions of Pierce and Kardash... I meant Humnphries.

Also, I have to mention that I think Whitman might improve from his job last year too. 

The Wizards should be a 50 win team. 

The Lance contract story is bizarre. The Pacers were offering a long-term deal, and Lance apaprently wanted the shorter deal. I guess he thinks he is Lebron and is going to cash in big-time when the new CBA goes in. That may be good for Charlotte as he presumably will be on his best behavior there.

But it is extremely rare for players to want less years.

The Lance contract story is bizarre. The Pacers were offering a long-term deal, and Lance apaprently wanted the shorter deal. I guess he thinks he is Lebron and is going to cash in big-time when the new CBA goes in. That may be good for Charlotte as he presumably will be on his best behavior there.

I thought the same thing when I read about the signing this morning.  Its basically the same total money per year, just a shorter contract. Maybe he wants out of Indiana with all the drama that went on there and wants a fresh start on a team where he could be a bigger star if he keeps his game up.

I enjoy all the love but I don't get how ppl are predicting the Bulls to finish first. Rose looked to be getting his speed back in the 2-3 games before the re-injury but I'm not sure he'll ever get it back now. I can see a 3-4 seed but I'm more excited just to see a competent offense for once.

Because Chicago is more of a known quantity than basically anyone else in the East except Indy. You know they're going to be superbly coached, have a top three defense, and win a ton of games at home. That'll be with or without Rose, and swapping out Boozer for Gasol is an upgrade. They should flirt with 50 wins even if Rose missed the whole season again.

The only thing I could see completely derailing them is a big Noah injury.

I'm reading he wants to be alpha dog in Charlotte. Good luck with that. Lance is certainly not someone you want as the primary wing scorer.

Charlotte has talent but they lack star power which is what you need to really be a 50 win team. I think Atlanta is the team out of contention from last year and replaced by Cleveland. However I still see Charlotte as no better than the 8th seed. They are a team desperate for elite talent which shows in offering mediocre players like Hayward max contracts.