Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Could also just be the fact that UNC players have greater signability for Charlotte because of the Carolina connection and because Jordan is the owner, so that's why they pursue them. A lot of teams bring in guys with local connections because the fit is improved.

The Williams deal is pricey but the wing 3 ball shooter market was pricey this summer. Role players sign for more than just money and that's where Charlotte had an advantage.

Hairston also played in the DLeague last season and he has a clear NBA position/role. He was a worthy pick at 26 based on talent, the offseason

problems are just bad luck for Charlotte.

Not getting Hayward was bad luck, but it seems to me they could have signed McRoberts for what they paid (think he got 5 mil per from Heat) to get Williams. That's partly why they signed Williams, because they are now thin at PF and plan to use him there, too. McRoberts is a much better fit/player in that system.

And I wasn't knocking the Hairston pick. Just pointing out that he was an ex-Heel. Just don't care much for the Marvin Williams signing. Especially at that price.

I did like the Hornets' draft. We got Vonleh at 9, when many around the league felt he would go higher. And Hairston is a great pick at 26, as long as he can stay out of trouble.

Edited by Bubble Screen

The problem is the East isn't dominated by Miami anymore and is now this alleged parity-ridden free for all with Cleveland, even Miami, and Washington and Toronto in the mix 

Wizarsd have a leg up but the conference is up in the air at this point. I like how Vegas made Cavs the odds on favorite to win the title. They're raw and inexperienced with a rookie coach. 

Edited by ixcuincle

Going to be so funny going through this Lebron drama again in 2 years.

Hell from what I understand he can opt out after this upcoming season

Might not even have to wait two years to go through this crap again. And yeah, he's probably a lock to stay with Cleveland longterm, but you think that's gonna stop ESPN?

That's just embarrassing. Brutal.

On a related note, that's my ONE fear when it comes to Durant possibly coming home. That he won't want to be seen as following in Lebron's footsteps.

I don't think Durant really cares much about what Lebron does. This past season was odd, LeBron spent a lot more time talking about Durant than vice versa.

Durant is one of the only guys in the league other than LeBron that can do whatever he wants on his own terms no matter what. He's got that aura. I don't think Durant really cares about much away from the basketball court, doesn't really care about branding himself.

I don't think Durant really cares much about what Lebron does. This past season was odd, LeBron spent a lot more time talking about Durant than vice versa.

Durant is one of the only guys in the league other than LeBron that can do whatever he wants on his own terms no matter what. He's got that aura. I don't think Durant really cares about much away from the basketball court, doesn't really care about branding himself.

He cares about those skins

ap-redskins-cowboys-football2.jpg?w=295&

Maybe Dan can offer him lifetime free dreamseats to help lure him in :)

Super Bowl?

I think he was just sticking to realistic events

But seriously, I'm not sure I've ever been more...apathetic about the Skins in my life. There was Zorn's second season where I purposefully didn't watch games for the first time in my life. But that was more disgust than apathy. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm still watching every single game, I still believe in RGIII, I'm still excited about Jackson and I'm still gonna scream at the TV, but...I don't know. I think the Nats and the Wizards both just matter more to me now (well the Wizards always kind of have but that's never really been realistic excitement before).

I don't know. The Redskins have won three. They've got a rockstar for a QB. And they're still a sad sack laughingstock one awful season after having a great one the year before.

There is something uniquely captivating about having a truly great NBA player that's unlike anything else. OKC is wholly irrelevant as a sports town if not for him. Miami becomes totally relevant the moment LeBron comes while Cleveland becomes irrelevant and then vice versa when the opposite happens four years later.

I think he was just sticking to realistic events

But seriously, I'm not sure I've ever been more...apathetic about the Skins in my life. There was Zorn's second season where I purposefully didn't watch games for the first time in my life. But that was more disgust than apathy. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm still watching every single game, I still believe in RGIII, I'm still excited about Jackson and I'm still gonna scream at the TV, but...I don't know. I think the Nats and the Wizards both just matter more to me now (well the Wizards always kind of have but that's never really been realistic excitement before).

The Nats and Wizards matter more to me now than the Skins too.

All three sports are great. If anything, football might be my favorite to watch. The difference is my disgust with the NFL and my total lack of faith in Dan Snyder.

Just look at the defining player of each sport. Nobody really comes close to Jordan when it comes to cultural significance. Gretzky is the closest, but that's still hockey and this isn't Canada. There's Babe Ruth, but that's when baseball was pretty much it. He was competing with horses for popularity. And if you asked 10 people who the defining player in NFL history is you'd probably get 10 different answers. There just isn't another sport where one individual can mean as much.

Plus, the urban areas set the cultural tone of this country for the most part and basketball is the urban sport.

The Nats and Wizards matter more to me now than the Skins too.

All three sports are great. If anything, football might be my favorite to watch. The difference is my disgust with the NFL and my total lack of faith in Dan Snyder.

And you have confidence in f-ing Ted Leonsis?  Wasting the prime of a 3x NHL MVP and keeping two of the worst GM's in sports employed for a decade...

• Like 1

And you have confidence in f-ing Ted Leonsis?  Wasting the prime of a 3x NHL MVP and keeping two of the worst GM's in sports employed for a decade...

I have infinitely more confidence in Leonsis than Snyder. They aren't even comparable in my mind. And Ernie Grunfeld isn't even one of the worst GMs in the NBA, much less in sports.