Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'm going with "In Love" for Mr. Sinister.  I can feel the love emanating from him.  I could have my signals crossed and that could be furious rage but I'm going to stick with love.  Lebron left but Miami's still got Wade, Bosh, cap space, and a great GM.  That's likely a playoff team so it's not like Miami's been left with last years 76ers.  

All love, bruh. All love, here  :)

And I'm confident we can bang out a 4-5 seed somewhere. All is not lost. Just my patience, when people try to get cute.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah I know. Should've known better. Can't take it back though. Not gonna let some dumbass go full retard on my post and try to call me not classy though, on top of making it sound like the Heat were nothing before "The King" came here. Thats pretty ****in' insulting, if you ask me. I'm not bowing down and kissing his rings. We were competing for titles when he was a little ass kid. More than half the cats on this forum have no concept of the term "Class" anyway. Thats why its important to pay attention before jumping out there and making sweeping generalizations about people's intent.

Alright, fine. I'm good with that, then. Wish him nothing but the best in life.

His foundation, family, friends, business...all based in Ohio. You know he signed Johnny Football to his first Cleveland endorsement right ?

As far as your posts, no need to apologize for retaliation in my mind...just stay above the fringe and toy with them like pets with a laser light.

Just be smarter about it and keep it in mind when you are typing, beverages or not.

They are poking, proding and trying to get you riled up...same as most of us used to do with BigMike.

Side notes: Generalizations are pretty normal when it comes to a fan base. People still think all Redskins fans wear Hog Noses and Raiders fans wear Spiked shoulder pads. Don't sweat that ****.

I have to point out, you said at one point in your moment of rage...'Heat won championships before he got here'...to be fair it was only one.

Wizards fans though kinda coming after you and your fandom/team...haha...that **** is real funny. Most of them weren't even around to see that championship.

Get that dirt off your shoulder.

Wizards fans though kinda coming after you and your fandom/team...haha...that **** is real funny. Most of them weren't even around to see that championship.

And? Yes, none of us are dirty Lakers fans like you. That's a plus.

Can we go ahead and clear up the misconception that Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett have trade value? You can probably throw Tristan Thompson into that pile too, but he's at least got a decent sized expiring contract.

The only real assets Philly has are Irving and Wiggins and they ain't dealing Irving.

Not gonna let some dumbass go full retard on my post and try to call me not classy though, on top of making it sound like the Heat were nothing before "The King" came here. Thats pretty ****in' insulting, if you ask me. I'm not bowing down and kissing his rings. We were competing for titles when he was a little ass kid.

You mean getting your ass whooped by the Knickerbockers on the yearly basis. They were competing for titles the same way modern day Hawks make the playoffs every year.

Name calling quickly...seems unusual for you.I thought the post would be similar to a techboy post before you did it.

As far as my fandom...I was a Lakers fan before you were born. Crazy part about some of you that attack fans of different teams...you act like Wiz fans are so amazing. I really don't get it. Were you even in diapers when the Redskins won their last SB ? I was in college and in the workforce.

Wiggins is not likely going to part of a trade. Get over it. I have said it several times. Unless...it is a multi-team deal.

Minnesota is going to take what they can get and the Cavs can offer more than anyone...including a first next year.

There is no reason to trade him when they can develop him. Love is going to be Love. One year and he will be a Cav anyway.

EDIT: Just realized...The Wiz have never won a championship.

Do you see how petty and silly that is for me to say to you ?

You are a fan of your team, I don't hate you for it. I don't **** on you for it. Grow up.

I have buddies that are fans of the Jazz, Nuggets, Mavs, Rockets...all rivals as far as I am concerned. We smack talk in good fun, but not to the point where we just razz for the sake of it.

My buddy that is a Jazz fan sent me the news about Lin and Young today...We had dialogue and keep it moving. Don't get me wrong when you set yourself up for it...you kinda asked for it.

That was my version of one of your posts with out repeating myself.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Not gonna lie. It is ironic when Wizards fans mention "Buying championships" and "Lol Heat fans" all the time. I laugh and spit water at the thought of Ernie Grunfeld building a team comprised of nothing but draft picks, so lets kill that noise, especially if the stars align and they "Buy" Kevin Durant. Then I think of how quiet it is every time I go there for a game when Miami is in town. Sometimes it even feels like a Heat home game a little bit (or a neutral site)

Heat fans? Really? Did i not miss where people were trying to sell tickets against the Pacers in exchange for a pack of tic tacs? Did I not miss where people cringe at even mentioning their own teams name? Or random people around town laughing whenever their name is brought up? Half the time I forget that they even play here..... Its like an urban legend or something.

As much as they get on teams like the Bobcats (err Hornets), little do they know (apparently)that even all of their past ****tyness, the Hornets  still have more recent playoff appearances than their beloved quidditch team. DC area sports fans talking about Florida sports fans? Or any other fans? Is that some kind of joke? When did DC become Boston/Chicago?

And now after beating up on a team with no arms and taking a smoldering dumpster fire to 6 games, they're gonna be The 2nd best team in the East!!!!!!!!111"? Half of them are so battered as fans that even they probably don't believe that ****  :lol:

C'mon now, lets keep some perspective. I honestly don't give them much crap (1 because they're team isn't good enough consistently for me to even give them a passing thought, and 2 because being just a Redskins fan is bad enough, so I feel bad for them)

But please don't think you (at least 2 of you) can step in here and try to tell me what I should or shouldn't do when it comes to my own team. Try winning something of note before you die (instead of a participation trophy for making the playoffs in a weak conference) prior to going that route. Championships being won around here is like seeing Haley's Comet

You mean getting your ass whooped by the Knickerbockers on the yearly basis. They were competing for titles the same way modern day Hawks make the playoffs every year.

Who are you, again?

• Like 1

I was born in 1969.  My folks divorced in 1976.  My dad took me to this game...

Game 3[edit]

Dennis Johnson was superb on defense, blocking seven shots and holding Kevin Grevey to 1-for-14 shooting. Paul Silas, the SuperSonics' veteran leader off the bench, helped shut down the Bullets' big men.

With 10 seconds remaining and the SuperSonics leading 93-90, Johnson's inbounds pass was stolen by Tom Henderson, who scored to make it 93-92 with five seconds left. Silas then stepped on the baseline trying to make the subsequent inbounds pass, turning the ball over to the Bullets. Bob Dandridge missed at the buzzer, however, and the SuperSonics picked up a victory on the road.[1]

I'm a big fan.

• Like 1

Loved that post Sin.

However, Heat fans and Southern Florida fans are pretty...absent when the tough times come.

I went to the stadium granted it was a long time ago, and bought tickets. Day of the game.

This is age telling...but Portland was pretty stacked. Bought them the day of the game at the ticket window, lower level, and relatively cheap at the time.

Trashing DC as a sports town gets old. That's the kind of **** I'd expect from Wilbon. **** Wilbon. I'm certainly not going to take Wilbony behavior from LA or Miami fans, two towns where it is entirely common place, routine and not surprising, to hear the media talk about how many other entertainment options fans have because excuses are often needed for their fans as soon as things go poorly. Also, talking smack is just part of the whole basketball experience. DC may not be the sports town Boston, New York, or Chicago are but this town easily supports a pro football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer team. Support them despite being mostly horrible. That kind of loyalty is both impressive and depressing, but for the purpose of this argument I am choosing to emphasize the former.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 3

Who is trashing DC sports Destino ?

I am stating that it is silly for Bull...I mean Wizards fans to try and trash anyone else.

You can't expect to give a little and not get a little right ?

There is a difference between reasonable trash talk and just being jerks when there is no room to really even talk.

I lost a friend over Sean Taylor. I have told the story here. His comments...not appropriate. I get being a fan and smack talk...

Maturity, tougher to teach.

Loved that post Sin.

However, Heat fans and Southern Florida fans are pretty...absent when the tough times come.

Hey, you're right. I can't defend them. At all. They are what they are. I think of all the times I had a good retort to Spartacus and his UM roasting in the NCAA thread, and all he had to do was hold up the Sun Life stadium pics of thousands of orange seats. There is no retort, and it sucks.

I'll be damned though if some Wizards fans keep repeatedly dishing some stuff out there, snickering, without taking some themselves. That cannot happen for there to be continued mutual respect. Y'all can't keep asking me to leave Britney alone when I start returning fire. Nothing personal, just checks/balances and all that

Trashing DC as a sports town gets old. That's the kind of **** I'd expect from Wilbon. **** Wilbon. I'm certainly not going to take Wilbony behavior from LA or Miami fans, two towns where it is entirely common place, routine and not surprising, to hear the media talk about how many other entertainment options fans have because excuses are often needed for their fans as soon as things go poorly. 

Well thats just too bad  :). You'll live

DC is a joke compared to the places their fans probably think they are in their warped minds. Nothing but a gigantic dark cloud of self hate. So much complaining. So much negativity. Its a graveyard of lost souls, the way people constantly mope around, here.

Also, talking smack is just part of the whole basketball experience. DC may not be the sports town Boston, New York, or Chicago are but this town easily supports a pro football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer team. Support them despite being mostly horrible. That kind of loyalty is both impressive and depressing, but for the purpose of this argument I am choosing to emphasize the former.

Really? Hockey team has made several playoff appearances despite choking. Baseball team is relatively new, but seems to be doing pretty good (minus the unfortunate turn of events last year), however I don't recall much fanfare before the arrival of several of your recently acquired big name players. Maybe diehards showed up, but whatever. Soccer team is good. Won't touch the Redskins because they were able to form a firm, rock solid fanbase with numerous winning seasons, and SB's. But I keep coming back to the Wizards.

I mean be honest, do you really think they get enough support? Sure doesn't feel like it whenever I go around town. I run into a lot of Lakers, Cavs, Knicks/Nets, Sixers, Bulls, and Celtics fans, but not nearly enough Wizards fans as there should be. I  know a ton of Nats and Caps fans....... but those little damn Wizards  :)..... I don't see many of those little ****s running around. Not even when they were supposedly on the verge of meeting their destiny and facing the Heat in a 7 game epic (Don't think I got that memo) did my Spidey sense start tingling.

But you bet your Chilean ass the moment Kevin Durant popped up here to play ball, that number of fans would skyrocket. In the event of that even remotely happening, how many t shirts/jerseys do you think get sold right off the bat? How many tickets get sold? How many Jordans Nuts fans all of a sudden start paying attention to pro basketball sans 1998? Hmm?  :)

At that very second, you all will become the very thing you hate. You won't keep people off the bandwagon like you keep telling yourselves. You will all be run over, and all that weight will cause your little Fisher Price wagon to fold in half, and then, you will become nothing more than just another higher tier bandwagon fanbase for Deadspin and other self hating people to **** on and make funny memes about. Sucks to hear that, doesn't it?

Thats who you (collectively) are. Thats who you'll always be. And no delusions of grandeur that you plop into your heads...... No stevemcqueen fanbase defense essay, will ever change that.

So remember that next time y'all try to act like this town/fanbase is anything more than what it is. Not Miami. Not Chicago or NYC. But right in the middle..... You're kind of like Atlanta, futzing your way down 85.

Just another lukewarm, transient city that goes as far as the wind takes them, with unrealistic hopes of ever amounting to anything better than just that. Not a hardcore bone in your bodies. Nothing but air. 

You can't expect to give a little and not get a little right ?

We'll see

Edited by Mr. Sinister

How can anyone fault Bosh for staying with Miami? According to all reports, he loves living there, he has two championships already, he will be the first option now and it's not like Miami can't recruit other stars in the near future.

and if he learns how to open doors, watch out....

chris-bosh-velociraptor.jpg

• Like 1

Oooh yay!! Bandwagoners downing the Wizards and their fans. How original. How cool. Yawn. **** off. And I absolutely love that everyone of their bandwagon teams is worse than the Wizards right now too. It must suck that we suck so much and you're looking up at us. Don't worry, I'm sure some year soon you'll be on our level. I mean you wouldn't have picked your team in the first place if that wasn't guaranteed. How special it must all be. Just know, when we get our ring, it'll be that much more special than all of yours combined. Sorry you'll never feel that. Shortcuts are never the answer, and on that front, as ****ty as my team has been damn near my entire life, I pity you.

(This isn't really directed at got Mr. s but **** it, **** you too)

• Like 3

Oooh yay!! Bandwagoners downing the Wizards and their fans. How original. How cool. Yawn. **** off. And I absolutely love that everyone of their bandwagon teams is worse than the Wizards right now too. It must suck that we suck so much and you're looking up at us. Don't worry, I'm sure some year soon you'll be on our level. I mean you wouldn't have picked your team in the first place if that wasn't guaranteed. How special it must all be. Just know, when we get our ring, it'll be that much more special than all of yours combined. Sorry you'll never feel that. Shortcuts are never the answer, and on that front, as ****ty as my team has been damn near my entire life, I pity you.

(This isn't really directed at got Mr. s but **** it, **** you too)

That's more like it. Two thumbs up *applause*

By no means should you exclude me from any part of that"I really hope you care about me" rant. Kosher really didn't say all that much compared to me. I didn't expect you to crack so quickly, but I guess that just goes to show that some cats just don't have it in them when it comes to taking it instead of dishing it.

I have to ask..... Why do you even bother with them? You know that somewhere, some creepy little voodoo guy is preparing the needles for each player. You just know somewhere deep down, that something horrific is going to happen, right? That's what all of you keep telling me, DC sports defeatist mentality and all. What kind of loser fanbase mindset is that? You and others always talk about what other teams fans deserve. Maybe you deserve nothing but groundhog day here when it comes to any sliver of actual talent to pass through this city, and what inevitably happens to them

One little trip here, one little snap there, one death by tuna sandwich. Kevin Durant the savior shows up and falls down the steps on the  way to his press conference, ending up in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. That just sounds like a miserable existence as a fan to always think the worst of every situation.

You deserve nothing. You will more than likely get nothing. You'll just keep waiting and waiting, and they'll keep sucking and sucking, until you're six feet under. Maybe if the Wizards win a title afterwards they'll throw a fake trophy in there with you  :)

Buy a championship?

If that 2000 team won a Superbowl instead of flopping at 8-8; would anyone have complained?

Miami did what it had to do in 2010 and it gave them 4 straight appearances in the finals with 2 championship. After all, it's all about winning championships, no matter what you have to do.

As for Lebron, he needs to win at least 2 more championships before I would put in in the same level as Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, Russell,Magic. If he can win one more, he moves into Byrd level but he needs 2 more championships.

All of this. Some dudes in this thread are just salty as ****.

How did they buy a championship when guys took less money to go there?

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Bruh....that's what I get for going to sleep early.

Holy **** lol

It's a ****ing warzone in here. Yeesh

But I love hearing the "you're a bandwagoner!!!" Insult get hurled. That's when you know the person is upset lol

Yeah I was so upset when my hometown Wizards ****slapped the piss out of "your" Bulls.

But hey, looks like you're getting Pau Gasol and maybe possibly even DWade. Championship!! Wait...what year is it again?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.