Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

One of my best friends down here is a huge Rockets fan. Early in the week he was so excited. He was 100% sure they were going to get Bosh, match Parsons and be a favorite in the west.

Today he is a broken man. It is hilarious. Sad. But hilarious.

thumbnail.jpg

Pictured: Houston's pursuit of Chris Bosh.

Those ****s matched for Hayward. Must be bitter Jordan jealousy cause he whopped dat ass back in 97 and 98. I'll take anyone at this point, even clown shoes (Lance).

Actually, they probably hate him more now. He just made Utah spend about 15 million more for Hayward than they wanted to.

Hayward originally wanted 13 million per from the Jazz. They offered 12 million (he's now going to get 15+ per season). That's why he was even a FA to begin with.

Edited by Bubble Screen
  • Like 1

I want to apologize for the actions of my friend Marco, or MrSinister. He and I live together with his brother. I try to look after him as best I can. He has been dealing with some personal issues off and on for the better part of a year now. I dont spend much time on here but i wanted whoever knows him here to know that death threats is not who he is. I try to encourage him to stay off of the internet, because it isn't good for his temperament. I decided to report him to save him from himself. I just want to apologize on his behalf for anyone he may have offended, and urge them to not contact law enforcement or anything of that specific nature. I just talked with him, and we both agreed that it is time to move on. He is very sorry for what happened.

So back to topic Gasol to Chicago means we'll finally be rid of Mr.Boozer right

Yeah. Literally NO ONE wanted to trade for him so they have to amnesty him

Bulls fans are freaking the **** right now. I'm calm cuz deep down Melo wasn't coming.

Team is better than it was last season and Noah won't have to play 809499449 minutes now. 

I'm thrilled. All of a sudden, we have some legit shooting. SF is still an area of need, unless Buckets is an immediate stud.

But the wing is REALLY bare offensively unless Butler takes another step. I really wanted Lance but that's not happening now. Bulls still need a dude not named Rose to create his own shot. 

I'm just praying some dumbass GM will agree to S&T for Boozer. 

As a Knicks fan... I want the Knicks to walk away from Melo. That max contract is just stupid. He isn`t worth it. Saving face is rarely ever worth it.

If only my Sabres had not matched the Oilers Thomas Vanek contract... 5 1st-round picks. They would have had a dynasty by now.

Yeah most Knicks fans I know are pissed. I will say that it always nigh impossible to try to market a rebuild in NY sports 

But the wing is REALLY bare offensively unless Butler takes another step. I really wanted Lance but that's not happening now. Bulls still need a dude not named Rose to create his own shot. 

I'm just praying some dumbass GM will agree to S&T for Boozer. 

If it were any other FO, I would say Stephenson is in play with Dallas looking at Chandler, the Lakers no longer a threat and Indiana lowballing him. But, it's us. I'm surprised we were even aggressive enough to nab Gasol. 

The way Houston's offseason is going, maybe they'll make us a good deal. lololol

Given every single player over the last decade+ who has failed to come back from injury (see Zero, Agent), I just don't see how you can be comfortable with Rose being anything, let alone a star again. Guess you have no choice really

Ok dude. 

You dislike me and the teams I follow for whatever reason. Ok. Got it. Thanks 

yeesh

Ok dude.

You dislike me and the teams I follow for whatever reason. Ok. Got it. Thanks

yeesh

Lol I was actually trying to have a legitimate topic on that one. You'll know when I'm actually talking ****

Me: what I said

You: Yeah its worrisome, all reports are he's looking good though, so on and so forth.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Good grief, what happened in this thread?

Can we all agree we get to see how good of a coach Spo is this year?

Yeah, truce. Truces all around please.

Also, I know my request is meaningless, but can there be no bannings from these last few pages of misbehavior? We're all good posters in the other threads. Can we all just agree some of us were being dumb (I include myself) and that we don't want anyone banned and we'll get the thread back to civil? For those I've offended, I apologize. And there are no hard feelings whatsoever on my end with anyone.

This is one of my favorite threads. It gets rowdy no doubt, kind of a locker room atmosphere. But it's going to get shut down if we don't behave.

• Like 4

I mean in the 3-4 games before the POR game where he hurt the other knee, he looked like the old Derrick but we'll see. He definitely believes he'll be back to normal. 

GODDAMN YOU MELO....

And continuing seriously, have there been any rumors to how he's looking in practice and the like?

McDermott said that he "looks like the old Rose" and "he's never played with a PG like him" the other day....but we heard the same spiel about griffin III last season.

He says that he's undecided on playing for Team USA this summer tho. That was weird. He's just a weird guy all around

Yeah, truce. Truces all around please.

Also, I know my request is meaningless, but can there be no bannings from these last few pages of misbehavior? We're all good posters in the other threads. Can we all just agree some of us were being dumb (I include myself) and that we don't want anyone banned and we'll get the thread back to civil? For those I've offended, I apologize. And there are no hard feelings whatsoever on my end with anyone.

This is one of my favorite threads. It gets rowdy no doubt, kind of a locker room atmosphere. But it's going to get shut down if we don't behave.

Agreed.

Granted i was offline for most of the really ugly parts, it seemed like just a moment of stupidity and immaturity for all involved. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

So why was Houston never in the running for Melo? Everyone wants to play there because taxes right? At least that's the story I've heard a million times. They had the space to offer Bosh a max deal so they could have offered Melo the same. Certainly that team is better than the situation than NY.

Stephen A Smith said something to the effect of "the Melo I know is not turning 50 million dollars down."

That's the long and short of it IMO.

I don't blame him, 50 million is immense.

Stephen A Smith said something to the effect of "the Melo I know is not turning 50 million dollars down."

That's the long and short of it IMO.

I don't blame him, 50 million is immense.

I certainly wouldn't turn it down and it's not like Melo is so rich that 50 million is an insignificant amount of money.  

It would be a real shame for the NBA if we never get to see the pre-injury DRose again.  And that's from a Wizards fan.

Also, I would never presume to tell the mods how to do their job, but I agree with the above posters that some of the problem posts in this thread comes from long time valuable contributors and it would be a real shame if they were to receive permanent bans.  Hope for the best for all involved.  

Yeah, lockout coming too probably.

Yeah Lebron and other stars will want the new tax and max contacts eliminated.  I for one hope the tax gets even larger and max contracts remain.  As we have seen this offseason the advantage of the home team has loomed large and the big market teams haven't been able to simply throw money at rich free agent markets to instantly improve.  I prefer it this way.

Edited by Destino