Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

If Miami had won game one, there is no telling what would have happened in game two. Different emotions going into the game with Spurs up 1 then with Miami up 1.

Well of course, I just meant that Miami played really pretty well both games despite a sluggish start to game 2, whereas IMO San Antonio hasn't played that well and the Miami defense is causing them to turn the ball over an uncharacteristically high amount. 

Duncan is STILL dominant.

in spurts. Again, he is 38 years old. 

He went ghost in the 4th, but is getting a pass?

if you have teammates jacking bad shots instead of feeding into the post, thats what happens. Again, Duncan cannot take the ball at the top of the key and goto the hole. He needs to be fed the ball.

Well of course, I just meant that Miami played really pretty well both games despite a sluggish start to game 2, whereas IMO San Antonio hasn't played that well and the Miami defense is causing them to turn the ball over an uncharacteristically high amount.

The flip side of that is San Antonio hasn't given Miami their best shot yet and they won the first game by 15 and lost the second by 2.

Miami has their hands full. LeBron had a dominant game, but that probably won't happen every night. They got really good games from Wade and Allen in game 1 and lost. That's tough because the team isn't that deep. They can't afford to waste any more excellent games from the key role players.

SA is a great road team and they're going to win games it seems like they shouldn't have. I think this series definitely goes at least six, probably seven again. Very back and forth. I think Miami gets game three, they are due for a huge game from Wade. To me he's getting favorable match ups and a lot of easy scoring opportunities.

• Like 1

The flip side of that is San Antonio hasn't given Miami their best shot yet and they won the first game by 15 and lost the second by 2.

I have a tough time drawing any conclusions from Game 1. I thought Miami had that game pretty well in hand when Lebron asked out for the first time. After that, the Spurs had 100 wide open looks and made 99 of them.

I guess that could have have happened with a healthy Lebron, and Miami tends to take its foot off the gas when they get a lead in a series. So, this series might still be 1-1 with the results flipped. But my instinct is that Miami was slightly better overall in San Antonio and, therefore, should be better in Miami.

Miami's D seems better this year than last year. (Not in the season, but in this series).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

856206623.gif

I was hoping to find a gif. This was pretty sweet.

You could almost see the bubble pop up over Diaw's head that says "aww damn".

That was a pretty bad screw up. A cutting Chris Bosh does not take you off Ray Allen at the 3 pt line.

We talk about how incredible Duncan is given his age. Ray Allen is pretty incredible too. 38 years old and in impeccable shape. He could play forever. What a crucial get for Miami. The absolute perfect wing coming off the bench for their offense.

LeBron had a dominant game, but that probably won't happen every night.

um, yes it could. Its Lebron.

SA is a great road team and they're going to win games it seems like they shouldn't have.

they havent been this postseason while Miami is undefeated at home this postseason.

I think this series definitely goes at least six, probably seven again. Very back and forth.

I agree

Miami's D seems better this year than last year. (Not in the season, but in this series).

i agree. They defend really well now.

they havent been this postseason while Miami is undefeated at home this postseason.

To be fair, the Spurs had to play the Mavs, Blazers, and Thunder. Three teams with crazy home records.

The Heat got to play Brooklyn, Indy, and Charlotte. Three teams with so-so road records.

I have a tough time drawing any conclusions from Game 1. I thought Miami had that game pretty well in hand when Lebron asked out for the first time. After that, the Spurs had 100 wide open looks and made 99 of them.

I guess that could have have happened with a healthy Lebron, and Miami tends to take its foot off the gas when they get a lead in a series. So, this series might still be 1-1 with the results flipped. But my instinct is that Miami was slightly better overall in San Antonio and, therefore, should be better in Miami.

They were only up by two to four points though, and they had trailed a lot of the game despite the fact SA was turning it over so much. I wouldn't say Miami was in control of that game.

Miami collapsed at the end of game 1 and SA will almost always make you pay when that happens. It was sheer confusion and they burned up time outs so they couldn't try and freeze the late run and get oriented.

Their defense has been very good, especially in forcing turnovers and they really kept SA out of rhythm in the second half. But the thing is, SA is still making their shots. Their key guys sans Leonard are shooting at or above 50% and they were 12-26 from the 3 pt line. Miami looks like they're getting baskets more easily, which is giving the impression they're better and should be handling SA. But SA was probably a few missed FTs away from getting that win.

The Spurs are just really hard to defend. The kind of defense Miami is playing would probably stifle every other team in the league and they'd be winning handily. But basically every one of SA's rotation players can pass and shoot. You can't cut off the head and kill their offense. I don't think Miami can win this series just by playing great defense. I think they're going to have to find a way to run and bum rush SA like OKC did in their two wins. They're not outscoring SA in fast break points. They're getting good looks in the paint in the half court, but that slow style of play suits SA so much better. Keeps them comfortable let's them work their offense. Miami does tend to slow up when they get a lead. They can't do that either. You have to knock SA out, get a big lead and keep the tempo high, because SA will make shots.

And on the other side, I also think SA's defense has been awful so far. Miami is shooting 50% from the floor and over 40% from three. Miami is scoring in the paint AND getting good looks from deep. And they aren't turning it over as much as SA. SA is going to have to play way better defense to win the series.

um, yes it could. Its Lebron.

It's also the Spurs. And eventually Kawhi Leonard is going to show up.

I don't think you can infer too much about what Miami did before this series. Their road to the Finals was cushy, every single team they faced was very flawed.

To be fair, the Spurs had to play the Mavs, Blazers, and Thunder. Three teams with crazy home records.

The Heat got to play Brooklyn, Indy, and Charlotte. Three teams with so-so road records.

You beat me to it. The Wizards were a better road team than all three of those teams. That's not saying much. Miami wasn't really tested in the postseason before this round like they were in the previous two postseasons. The East really didn't have it's **** together.

The Spurs are just really hard to defend. The kind of defense Miami is playing would probably stifle every other team in the league and they'd be winning handily. But basically every one of SA's rotation players can pass and shoot. You can't cut off the head and kill their offense. I don't think Miami can win this series just by playing great defense. I think they're going to have to find a way to run and bum rush SA like OKC did in their two wins. They're not outscoring SA in fast break points. They're getting good looks in the paint in the half court, but that slow style of play suits SA so much better. Keeps them comfortable let's them work their offense. Miami does tend to slow up when they get a lead. They can't do that either. You have to knock SA out, get a big lead and keep the tempo high, because SA will make shots.

This is all true. I just think role players play better at home and worse on the road. We've seen San Antonio click like this a bunch of times and then get bumrushed the very next game on the road.

Game 3 2012

OCK 102

SA 82

Game 2 2013

Miami 103

SA 84

Game 3 2014

OKC 106

SA 97

Everyone just seems to think that the Spurs are a machine and all the parts always work all the time. But we've seen repeatedly, there is always a game or two in every series where the parts aren't working and they look slow and feeble.

I'm not saying that is going to happen in Game 3. But if it is going to happen, Game 3 is when it will.

Like I said last week, you almost always base your predictions of the next game based on what happened in the last game. "If everything happens just like this, but San Antonio commits six fewer turnovers, they will ever game going forward by 8."

I do that in football but try not to in basketball. (Every Redskins loss means that they are going to lose every game they ever play for the rest of history).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

Three mediocre/overrated teams.  Miami got a cakewalk to the Finals.  Even Indy made it easier for them this year than last year.

San Antonio is at least as good on the road as at home.  Either way I think 2-2 going back to San Antonio.

Edited by Sticksboi05

San Antonio is at least as good on the road as at home.  Either way I think 2-2 going back to San Antonio.

That wouldn't surprise me. Nothing would surprise me in this series to be honest.

I think Miami is the better team yet I thought it was feasible for the Spurs to win in 5. I don't think they are going to win 2 straight in Miami so that is unlikely now.

856206623.gif

I was hoping to find a gif. This was pretty sweet.

You could almost see the bubble pop up over Diaw's head that says "aww damn".

Big Fat Boris Diaw never looked more like Big Fat Boris Diaw than right there.

Where does Diaw rank on the all-time list of Fat Athletes?

He's moved ahead of Bob Horner right? Still behind both Cecil and Prince Fielder and Charles Barkley (who wasn't always fat but when he got fat, was still good).

Diaw is either #1 or #2 for fat NBA players depending on your stance on Zac Randolph. (His fatness, not his ability).

I personally think Lebron basically coaches the team. But honestly Miami can't win the series like this. Basically having take over every game and then maybe a few players making some late shots. Spurs are the better team overall but Miami has the best player. The better team will win over a series.

Doesn't that describe a Jordan-like game plan?

For awhile I have hated Lebron... primarily going back to the Cleveland years and destroying the Wizards during that time. I even hated him early in the Miami period, but now I've come to enjoy watching his greatness. Guy is the best player in league and has been face of the NBA. He's been af the Jordan level for awhile. I have a hard time hating on that level of talent. At somepoint he changed from a Shaq-like small forward abusing his physical skills... it goes back to CLE but if may have been one of the final ECFs of Lebron vs the Celts that started my change of heart. I know his last game was a bad look.

Big Fat Boris Diaw never looked more like Big Fat Boris Diaw than right there.

Where does Diaw rank on the all-time list of Fat Athletes?

He's moved ahead of Bob Horner right? Still behind both Cecil and Prince Fielder and Charles Barkley (who wasn't always fat but when he got fat, was still good).

Diaw is either #1 or #2 for fat NBA players depending on your stance on Zac Randolph. (His fatness, not his ability).

Better than eddy curry tho?

Duncan had a good ballfake on Birdman yesterday. I think it was when he missed 2 FTs.

Incidentally, even though Duncan has the legacy stats I am not sold on him over Malone or Garnett as GOAT of this era. They all great players but vintage Malone could pour in points. Both Duncan and Garnett hold the defensive edge. I cant even compare to the previous era.

Duncan had a good ballfake on Birdman yesterday. I think it was when he missed 2 FTs.

Incidentally, even though Duncan has the legacy stats I am not sold on him over Malone or Garnett as GOAT of this era. They all great players but vintage Malone could pour in points. Both Duncan and Garnett hold the defensive edge. I cant even compare to the previous era.

Russ-Troll.gif

• Like 2

the Heat are the defending champions tho?

It's also the Spurs. And eventually Kawhi Leonard is going to show up.

ahhh, so Kawhi Leonard is on Lebron's level now?

Like I said, Lebron can def have another game like that again. Shoot, he could have 4 or 5 more. Kawahi will get better, but lets not kid ourselves.

this isnt the troll NBA thread.

the Heat are the defending champions tho?

I get that. I'm just saying, the Spurs struggled on the road this post-season because the teams they played in the playoffs are extremely good at home. Not kind of good, spectacular:

OKC 34-7

POR 31-10
DAL 26-15

Compared to the road record of the teams that the Heat had played:
IND 21-20
BK  16-25
CHA 18-23

So the Spurs struggling on the road and the Heat breezing through at home, is kind of expected. 
Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

Lord Jesus... Melo gone lol

And he's reportedly bringing Kurt Rambis and like Walton to help. I'm so sorry Knicks fans lmaoo

It wouldn't be that bad if they were a young team but they're are actively trying to convince a star that they can win soon lol

But they are a big market, didn't you know that everyone wants to play there? That's why the Knicks are always so good.

Three mediocre/overrated teams

Yet they beat the Spurs on their homecourt after they blew out the Big Bad Mighty Teams Of The West by double digits again and again after losing to the Mavs early.

Go figure...

I don't think anyone's court is safe/guaranteed.

Edited by Mr. Sinister