Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Spolestra might be the most underrated coach in the league.  Having Chalmers set the screens late and forcing Parker to either switch onto LeBron or stay home opened up all of the big LeBron drives and Bosh's three.  He coached circles around Pop late in last year's finals and did serious work again tonight.  

• Like 1

Spolestra might be the most underrated coach in the league. Having Chalmers set the screens late and forcing Parker to either switch onto LeBron or stay home opened up all of the big LeBron drives and Bosh's three. He coached circles around Pop late in last year's finals and did serious work again tonight.

"It's easy to make good decisions when you have Lebron on your team...", is what some idiot might say about Coach Spo. I've been saying it since the Thunder series, he is a beast. I wouldn't say he coached circles around Pops last year, but he did put his stamp in this series. And he's doing it again so far...

With all that being said, this is going to be a long series. At least 6 games. So fun to watch.

"It's easy to make good decisions when you have Lebron on your team...", is what some idiot might say about Coach Spo. I've been saying it since the Thunder series, he is a beast. I wouldn't say he coached circles around Pops last year, but he did put his stamp in this series. And he's doing it again so far...

With all that being said, this is going to be a long series. At least 6 games. So fun to watch.

He is a good coach as he's done an especially good job managing egos. He deserves credit. However, as good as any coach in any league is, the players make the coaches. Give Spo the Lakers this year or the Timberwolves and you'd see how good he is.

I personally think Lebron basically coaches the team. But honestly Miami can't win the series like this. Basically having take over every game and then maybe a few players making some late shots. Spurs are the better team overall but Miami has the best player. The better team will win over a series.

Do you think the Heat team is better or worse then last year?

I don't know.  They kind of coasted in the regular season, which isn't an insult because they were never in danger of missing the playoffs. Once they got into the playoffs they showed a burst of energy in the second half that their opponents couldn't match.  I'm still seeing that in this series.  Late in this game when it was close and I posted that despite that, this felt like a sure Miami win, it was because the Spurs looked frantic and the Heat didn't.  The Heat just have another gear that they get into in the second half, it's almost as if the only way to beat them is to build a huge half time lead that counters their inevitable 2nd half run.  Or turn the AC off.  :)

Edited by Destino

He is a good coach as he's done an especially good job managing egos. He deserves credit. However, as good as any coach in any league is, the players make the coaches. Give Spo the Lakers this year or the Timberwolves and you'd see how good he is.

I bet both teams would play better...

Did we ever have a discussion on the Bad Boys 30 for 30?

I just watched it again last night. Soooooo great lol

Has there been a team that has heeled it up that much and reveled it in since?

I'm surprised the Pacers didn't after the Malice...

Yeah, that was an awesome 30 for 30. It was cool to see Rodman's backstory more in-depth. They got into it w/ eachother at times, but it made that team really close. Rodman was emotional that whole episode, haha....

Here's some more insight into Lebron and Heat's prep for last night's game:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-140608/lebron-strikes-back

From in there - Artest's tweet about Chalmers elbow was pretty funny:

People stealing my moves!!

I don't know.  They kind of coasted in the regular season, which isn't an insult because they were never in danger of missing the playoffs. Once they got into the playoffs they showed a burst of energy in the second half that their opponents couldn't match.  I'm still seeing that in this series.  Late in this game when it was close and I posted that despite that, this felt like a sure Miami win, it was because the Spurs looked frantic and the Heat didn't.  The Heat just have another gear that they get into in the second half, it's almost as if the only way to beat them is to build a huge half time lead that counters their inevitable 2nd half run.  Or turn the AC off.   :)

Again, the Heat won thanks in large part to the Spurs missing four straight FTs. Maybe the Heat still win anyway, but for as good as LeBron played and as good as the Heat shot from the field, they still only won by two. Miami 53% from the field, 76% from the line and Spurs 44% from the field and 60% from the line= Miami by only two.

If I told you Miami would shoot that much better than the Spurs before the game started, but would have expected a 10-15 point Miami win.

I bet both teams would play better...

We will find out when LeBron leaves.

Duncan went missing in the 4th. They didnt look for him.

Speaking of this...TO ME, it seems like there is little-to-no scrutiny directed at Duncan for being a ghost in the 4th last night.  Had it been someone else, we would have had multiple features on Sports Center. 

Speaking of this...TO ME, it seems like there is little-to-no scrutiny directed at Duncan for being a ghost in the 4th last night.  Had it been someone else, we would have had multiple features on Sports Center.

well Duncan is 38, has 4 rings, is considered the GOAT power forward, and is a big man. Its not the same at all.

The Spurs lost the game, and I said it on twitter when it happened, when they missed 4 straight free throws after that flagrant foul. Was a 7 point turnaround as Lebron hit the 3 pointer.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Yet Duncan whines almost as much as Blake Griffin and no one says anything

absolute nonsense, LOL

the one time I ever saw Duncan lose his mind at a ref was at the 2004 Olympics. Was really sad to see. But Duncan does not complain much at all, especially in comparison to Blake or the Heat players.

The Spurs have always been whiners. Manu is a big time flopper and back in the days Bowen was quite the dirty player.

There are a lot of people who call them a 'classy' team. I've never understood why.

Because they won and they weren't overtly obnoxious. 

Same thing with the Patriots. I hear them being considered to be a classy team even though they have been caught cheating before. 

absolute nonsense, LOL

the one time I ever saw Duncan lose his mind at a ref was at the 2004 Olympics. Was really sad to see. But Duncan does not complain much at all, especially in comparison to Blake or the Heat players.

You cant be serious. Duncan whines every trip down the floor if he misses a basket

well Duncan is 38, has 4 rings, is considered the GOAT power forward, and is a big man. Its not the same at all.

Lebron has 2 rings, four MVPS, is probably the greatest small forward of all time, and gets roasted when he shows the slightest human vulnerability.

Seriously, can you even begin to imagine what would have happened to Lebron if he had missed that two footer that Duncan bricked in Game 7 last yerar? He would have needed to leave the country.

The reaction to Duncan was "Oh.....poor Tim Duncan. Sports are cruel."

I'm really curious to see if Durant gets the Duncan treatment his entire career or if we start to bash him unmercifully at some point.

You don't see the hypocrisy? 

Same thing as when Mark Jackson pointed out the discrepency in the way Tim is looked at for not speaking to Manu and how Kobe is looked at for not speaking to Smush. 

There is a protective bubble in San Antonio for MANY of their players.

Edited by RonArtest15

absolute nonsense, LOL

Duncan never loses his mind at a ref. But he does that big-eyed, "Come on" look EVERY time he misses a shot. He's much better at whining than Blake is. But he probably does it more often.

Fun stats:

Lebron's teams are 0-8 in Game 1s on the road in his career.

The Heat are 12-0 after a loss in the playoffs since 2012.

I have no idea what either of these mean.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Same thing as when Mark Jackson pointed out the discrepency in the way Tim is looked at for not speaking to Manu and how Kobe is looked at for not speaking to Smush.

Yeah I was REALLY surprised to hear that story. That came off as really dickish IMO.

You cant be serious. Duncan whines every trip down the floor if he misses a basket

he really doesnt

Lebron has 2 rings, four MVPS, is probably the greatest small forward of all time, and gets roasted when he shows the slightest human vulnerability.

Seriously, can you even begin to imagine what would have happened to Lebron if he had missed that two footer that Duncan bricked in Game 7 last yerar? He would have needed to leave the country.

The reaction to Duncan was "Oh.....poor Tim Duncan. Sports are cruel."

I'm really curious to see if Durant gets the Duncan treatment his entire career or if we start to bash him unmercifully at some point.

I've already gotten on Durant, so its not me.

And Duncan is 38 years old and about 6 years past his prime. Lebron is currently in his prime. (and I dont criticize Lebron either. The stuff over hte cramps was comedy until people started to take it serious) 

You are comparing a 38 year old player who is 6 years past his prime to a 29 year old, who is currently the best player in the world.

It is not comparable.

ON top of that, Duncan is a big man so people need to feed him the ball.

If you want to criticize someone, criticize Parker for trying to get to the rim on Lebron.

Duncan is STILL dominant. 

He can still play really well in short bursts. But he is probably the fourth most important player on that team now. He has looked really creaky at times in the playoffs.

Having said, I can see him playing forever because he is still capable of being pretty good for 20 minutes a game and doesn't have the ego of a Kobe Bryant who HAS to be the star - even if he is old and broken down.