Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yep.  He's making a decent amount of money too.  He played overseas for a bit before the Spurs gave him a shot.  He was a fairly big time player for St Mary's back in the day.

The Spurs are a low-key dead end team.  Kawhi is one of the only good things they've got going for them now, and if he doesn't sign a DPVE this summer, then their future with him will seriously be in question.  You don't turn down DPVE money unless you definitely want out.

When Pop retires, that might finally be the end of their run.

I don't know how anybody can say that the Cavs were more athletic than the Heat teams.  Some of the most slowest/oldest people followed him to Cleveland in Jones and Miller (and they would have taken Allen if he wanted to play in Cleveland too).

And Bosh was clearly more athletic than Love.  Maybe Kyrie had an edge over Wade at that point in time, but it isn't like Kyrie is particularly fast or known for being a defensive stopper.  And he certainly wasn't at the time that Lebron went there.

It was also clear, that there was a lot of talent.  Before Durant left, OKC looked good, GS, and the Clippers looked good.  While clearly the Lebron led Cavs would have a good chance against those teams, they certainly won't going to be sure things.

I seriously doubt that when Lebron moved to Cleveland he thought that it was likely that multiple championships were headed his way.

(Sorry for the mess up on the number of title in Miami.)

Edited by PeterMP

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23773489/kyrie-irving-says-signing-contract-extension-boston-celtics-make-sense

BOSTON -- Celtics All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving said Tuesday that a contract extension this summer doesn't make sense for him and that while he's already bracing for the daily questions about his future, his sole focus is on getting healthy for next season and helping Boston take another step toward title contention.

Irving is eligible for an extension this summer but, even coming off another knee surgery that sidelined him for Boston's improbable run to the cusp of the Finals, was adamant that he'll wait for the summer of 2019 to examine his future.

"Contractually, financially, [an extension] just doesn't make any sense," Irving said.

Irving is eligible for a four-year, $107 million extension, but that would be $80 million less than what he could earn if he waits until the summer of 2019 and re-signs with Boston after opting out of the final year of his current pact.

I still think he's going to the Lakers or Rockets.  Spurs.......maybe, but only cause of Pop and that would also hinge on KL staying on board, but even then that most likely means they lose Aldridge, which makes SA less desirable since they would have two powerhouses (GS and HOU) to go through.

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They can't lose Aldridge, he's locked up for another three years.

Sign and trade Aldridge to free up space to afford LeBron.  If I read that correctly in an article.  I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be able to have a "Big Three" there because of cap space.  

I'm no cap guru by any means, so if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Sign and trade Aldridge to free up space to afford LeBron.  If I read that correctly in an article.  I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be able to have a "Big Three" there because of cap space.  

I'm no cap guru by any means, so if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Aldridge is already under contract, he can't be signed and traded.  He can be traded in an unbalanced deal for cap space, those are hard to pull off.  There are only a few teams with cap space this summer, and all but two of them are rebuilding and thus not looking to add a 33 year old LaMarcus Aldridge with three years at 20+ milion a year left on his deal.  Philly could have cap space, but they wouldn't trade it for Aldridge.  Indy is the other team, and I doubt they'd give up their space for Aldridge either.  They have Myles Turner.

San Antonio is probably stuck with him.

• Thanks 1

@stevemcqueen1 is ... Wilbon?!?!?! :o

https://theundefeated.com/features/washington-d-c-is-the-stage-large-enough-to-fit-lebron-james/

There’s a place nobody’s asking about that’s calling LeBron’s name.

Washington, D.C.

Washington, not Los Angeles, is the most powerful city in the world. Washington, not Houston, is where every significant issue relating to sports from steroids to chronic traumatic encephalopathy to gambling to paying college athletes has been and will be addressed on Capitol Hill. Washington, not Philly, is where you apply to the National Park Service to convene a rally to call national attention to gun control, women’s rights, or Black Lives Matter.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The same clown who called us a minor league sports town a month ago?

Go F yourself Wilbon.

He really had the nerve, the temerity, the unmitigeted gall to put that in print.

The enmity he has for DC is really messed up, consider his ties.  He's not even neutral, he's openly hostile.

59 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He's not even neutral, he's openly hostile.

Couldn't agree more.  A lot of times when someone moves from the local scene to move a national one, they have to show they impartiality.  That's not what Wilbon did, he basically pulled the curtain down on how he really felt about us (which if you were reading his columns, he talked just as much about his Chicago roots as he did living and working in DC).

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It does make sense, but you know this playoff run bruised that ego. Left him feeling a little.... Flat

I think it almost did.  That game seven loss really highlighted the need for Gordon and Kyrie.  The question the Celtics have now is can they upgrade either of them, because I think they fully expect to be playing the Warriors in the finals next season if they can stay healthy.