Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

OH boy, I can tell you're really entertaining this idea of Lebron2DC.

He should do it.  It'd cost him a tremendous amount of salary money to do it.  But it's one of the only moves he can make to have a real shot against Golden State.

Maybe someone can hook him up with some government contract money like Silicon Valley has been doing with Warriors players.  A LeBron James think tank with a mission to raise money and lobby for him

3 hours ago, Destino said:

McGee didn't get enough burn in the playoffs.  The man is just far too entertaining to leave on the bench so much.  I'm happy for him.  

He woulda got destroyed versus the Rockets.

Was good versus the Cavs since they aren’t a heavy PnR team.

I just find it amazing how far you've all come in a decade. 

All of you sounded categorically insane when I said pre-Decision that I'd welcome him with open arms despite him being a gump. You all were like "Never! ?" He'll never be welcome here! I'll stop watching basketball!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I just find it amazing how far you've all come in a decade. 

All of you sounded categorically insane when I said pre-Decision that I'd welcome him with open arms despite him being a gump. You all were like "Never! ?" He'll never be welcome here! I'll stop watching basketball!

They gave you so much **** for the decision and now they’re all hoping he does the same for them. 

Take your well deserved victory lap 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What's his reason to go to the Lakers?

Family, Hollywood, weather, play with friends, premier franchise, gets max contract, Magic etc 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

18 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He woulda got destroyed versus the Rockets.

Was good versus the Cavs since they aren’t a heavy PnR team.

I know I know, the man can't guard a PnR if his life depended on it.  But there were opportunities!  Maybe. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Family, Hollywood, weather, play with friends, premier franchise, gets max contract, Magic etc 

He'll never win a ring there.

I doubt he could win one in Utah either.  Only West team he could join and hope to beat the Warriors with is Houston.  And that'd probably mean losing Capela and Ariza.  Otherwise he should stay East and go to Boston or DC if he wants to have a chance.

LeBron doesn't need to play for the Lakers to be in movies.  His family is from Ohio and they seem to like it there.  The weather in LA is nice, but clearly playing in Ohio doesn't bother him because he left Miami's weather for it.  The Lakers haven't been a premier franchise since Dr Buss died.  Who are his friends in LA?  What if CP3 stays in Houston?  I think Lakers fans are overselling the appeal that Magic Johnson as team president provides.  Players like LeBron are more interested in the roster make up than who the guy in the front office is.

But it is true that the Lakers can give him a max deal.  If money is a high priority for LeBron, they've got a big edge.  I could see him going there with Paul George and trying to sell false hope for a year or too.

But I think the more likely scenarios are staying in Cleveland for another season or taking the paycut to play in Houston.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He isn't coming here, but playing with a pass first PG in Wall and a lights out shooter in Beal would actually be a real good fit for him. But Lebron isn't going to another poorly run organization. He's going to Houston or maybe Philly.

It would be a great fit for 3.5 quarters.  An uncomfortable one at the end of games because Wall would suddenly fall to the 4th option.  He doesn't strike me as the sort of player that would take that well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

It would be a great fit for 3.5 quarters.  An uncomfortable one at the end of games because Wall would suddenly fall to the 4th option.  He doesn't strike me as the sort of player that would take that well. 

LeBron and Wall would probably take turns running point.  John will never, ever be a fourth option for us.  Beal and Otto aren't good enough to take the ball out of his hands in crunch time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He'll never win a ring there.

I doubt he could win one in Utah either.  Only West team he could join and hope to beat the Warriors with is Houston.  And that'd probably mean losing Capela and Ariza.  Otherwise he should stay East and go to Boston or DC if he wants to have a chance.

LeBron doesn't need to play for the Lakers to be in movies.  His family is from Ohio and they seem to like it there.  The weather in LA is nice, but clearly playing in Ohio doesn't bother him because he left Miami's weather for it.  The Lakers haven't been a premier franchise since Dr Buss died.  Who are his friends in LA?  What if CP3 stays in Houston?  I think Lakers fans are overselling the appeal that Magic Johnson as team president provides.  Players like LeBron are more interested in the roster make up than who the guy in the front office is.

But it is true that the Lakers can give him a max deal.  If money is a high priority for LeBron, they've got a big edge.  I could see him going there with Paul George and trying to sell false hope for a year or too.

But I think the more likely scenarios are staying in Cleveland for another season or taking the paycut to play in Houston.

Melo could be there in a year and PG could be there now. 

His family wants to be to in LA over Cleveland. 

Magic is a draw for someone that wants be a billionire media mogul/empire in the way magic has become owning teams and running other teams and being on tv etc 

The team would be better than the wiz are now so that’s a wash. He isn’t getting they GS either way. All the other factors are beneficial and he doesn’t have to take a paycut 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The team would be better than the wiz are now so that’s a wash. He isn’t getting they GS either way. All the other factors are beneficial and he doesn’t have to take a paycut 

Any team with LeBron on it is better than the Wizards are now.  But the Wizards + LeBron at least has a chance of matching up with the Warriors.  The Lakers + LeBron + Paul George doesn't offer that chance.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Any team with LeBron on it is better than the Wizards are now.  But the Wizards + LeBron at least has a chance of matching up with the Warriors.  The Lakers + LeBron + Paul George doesn't offer that chance.

Theyd be pretty good imo. 

And he wouldnt have to play for pennies either 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What's his reason to go to the Lakers?

Several reasons. 

They can afford him, they can get him another star player to roll with him, they can trade some of their players to make the fit easier than most, they are young and have a bench that would benefit from having a player at his level, he could win a ring. 

Going to Washington is basically the same as Jordan going there. You can break it down all day...watch the games, not the highlights. 

I personally wouldn't trust any of the Wizards star players to stay healthy, not to mention asking for a serious pay cut. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Melo could be there in a year and PG could be there now. 

Melo is washed up.  He's not going to be a factor for LeBron.  Is LeBron any closer to Paul George than he is to John Wall?

Chris Paul is one thing, but he's already in a good situation in Houston.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Theyd be pretty good imo. 

And he wouldnt have to play for pennies either 

They'd be behind Houston and Golden State.  It's a tough road in the West because the midtier teams like San Antonio, Utah, OKC, and New Orleans are dangerous.  The East isn't a threat.  They'd be a one team conference if he went to Boston or a two team conference if he chose DC.

The money is obviously going to be a big factor.  But so is competitiveness.  And the thing is LeBron can sign a max contract any summer he wants to.  He could take a paycut for one year then sign a max deal next summer.  Or just stay in Cleveland for one more year, get paid, then hit the market next summer when there will probably be more money and flexibility out there.

5 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Several reasons. 

They can afford him, they can get him another star player to roll with him, they can trade some of their players to make the fit easier than most, they are young and have a bench that would benefit from having a player at his level, he could win a ring. 

Going to Washington is basically the same as Jordan going there. You can break it down all day...watch the games, not the highlights. 

I personally wouldn't trust any of the Wizards star players to stay healthy, not to mention asking for a serious pay cut. 

LOL, how many Wizards games have you watched since John Wall was drafted?  The supporting cast he'd have in DC would be way better than the one LA could give him.  He wouldn't win a ring in LA.

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron and Wall would probably take turns running point.  John will never, ever be a fourth option for us.  Beal and Otto aren't good enough to take the ball out of his hands in crunch time.

They'd take turns if Lebron wanted to during the regular season.  In crunch situations in a playoff scenario I doubt Lebron is interested in giving up the ball unless Wall proves he can score efficiently in those situation like Kyrie did. 

We've all seen Lebron play enough to know what his offense looks like.  An early screen only to force a defensive switch, not a pick n roll.  Once  the switch happens the screener clears out and Lebron looks for a lane.  When Lebron starts his drive, there is either a pin down at the perimeter or his shooters reposition during his drive.  If he gets a look he likes he takes it, if he doesn't he hits a shooter.  That's Lebron ball, and Wall is the 4th option in that. 

I'm not saying Wall is bad, I'm just saying with the way Lebron runs late game offense Wall is a terrible fit.  The team would still be much better overall.... I doubt they'd beat golden state though so it would all be for nothing.

• Like 2