Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't care how good Durant ends up being or how many rings/MVPs he wins, the fact is he took the easy way out and will never feel the satisfaction of really earning and winning a championship. Compare that to Ovie the night before when he hoisted the Cup: THAT is a real champion.

Durant is a P.A.B.(you can figure out what that means)who chose to join a superteam and coast to rings rather than fight and earn them.

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Even in that game 3, the Cavs could not double team Durant because of their fear of Curry. Curry also got 5 rebounds and 6 assists that game.

I wouldn't call necessitating a defender and getting 5 rebounds and 6 assists making a big impact.  Especially when his poor shooting was so costly.

Curry is a big stick but for him to do damage, he usually has to be making his threes.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wouldn't call necessitating a defender and getting 5 rebounds and 6 assists making a big impact.  Especially when his poor shooting was so costly.

Curry is a big stick but for him to do damage, he usually has to be making his threes.

Word? You wouldn't call not being able to double a guy who is putting in an all time great finals performance a big impact? Ok.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't care how good Durant ends up being or how many rings/MVPs he wins, the fact is he took the easy way out and will never feel the satisfaction of really earning and winning a championship. Compare that to Ovie the night before when he hoisted the Cup: THAT is a real champion.

Durant is a P.A.B.(you can figure out what that means)who chose to join a superteam and coast to rings rather than fight and earn them.

I am happy you wrote this out.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Durant is the Warriors' best player, but they struggled against Houston when he went back to ISO ball. When the offense went through Curry and ball movement, they were great again. 

I don't know, Curry defers to Durant most of the time.  I've been surprised to see how dominant Durant is in that system.  Curry was always pretty deferential for a superstar PG, particularly to Draymond and Iggy.  Durant has kind of come in and taken over and marginalized Draymond in particular.  Not just with his scoring either, he does a ton of their playmaking.  It's deliberate, force the issue stuff, but he's good at it and he creates for their cutters and shooters without needing screens.  And his ability to play a credible 5 on defense has made them unstoppable.  When they were forced to move him back to the wing when Iggy was hurt and play a more traditional 5, they were way easier to slow down and score on.

Durant has profoundly changed this team.  He's essentially transformed them from being a great team to an invincible one.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

“Mr. Sinister, if you can please show the court  where on the doll LeBron James hurt you?”

*Sin sniffles and points to his heart

Nah, it goes deeper than flesh and organs. 

You think too much, like your complete apathy towards caps winning the cup.  

Nah, you overestimate and mischaracterize my thoughts on it. It's pretty simple. I. Have. No. Interest. In. Hockey, lol. And if I was truly apathetic I would not care in the slightest about any of it, which isnt true. I'm happy for the city. I'm happy for the fans. For me personally, it was nice to hear how different everything sounded and felt in the area. Apart from that, it was Friday ?

I

That’s good for the area having winning teams.  If I can get thru all the game winning dunks in the arenas era, you can get thru this, too.

The Arenas Wizards weren't going anywhere anyway. A meaningless second round series doesnt even come close.

This L7 ass dude was burned to the ground for no other reason than he realized he didn't want to play for a ****ty, rudderless organization, comes to one where he can be shown the ropes, is allowed to take the lead eventually, becomes a champion, then starts crying when he realizes he can't flex on Spo and Riles, so crawls back to the place that called him and his family every derogatory thing imaginable to start his gump ass power trip, and framed it as "I'm coming home." This after we were seemingly the only people on planet earth way back when that didn't have their heads firmly up their asses when he left, and defended him vociferously.

Nah, he's just gonna run back to that piece of **** city like Tina Turner, and play it perfectly through the media, when the real reason he went there, is he knew he'd be able to-do everything he wanted. And people wanted to act like we were dead to rights when he did leave, which wasn't true. Or that we were a nothing franchise before him. Just another "LeBron James Team"

That's why I wanted so badly to face him in the ECF, but then everything else happened with Bosh, and then Wade, and then life comes at you fast, and you lose a bagillion games then win a bagillion, and get nothing. Then you get pounded by a team that gets pounded by another team that gets pounded by him.

And now he's probably going West. 

Frankly, GS coming out of nowhere is cosmic justice. He probably thought he was gonna win 6 or 7 titles. Chump.

And no. I ain't getting over this.  Sangre por sangre.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know, Curry defers to Durant most of the time.  I've been surprised to see how dominant Durant is in that system.  Curry was always pretty deferential for a superstar PG, particularly to Draymond and Iggy.  Durant has kind of come in and taken over and marginalized Draymond in particular.  Not just with his scoring either, he does a ton of their playmaking.  It's deliberate, force the issue stuff, but he's good at it and he creates for their cutters and shooters without needing screens.  And his ability to play a credible 5 on defense has made them unstoppable.  When they were forced to move him back to the wing when Iggy was hurt and play a more traditional 5, they were way easier to slow down and score on.

Durant has profoundly changed this team.  He's essentially transformed them from being a great team to an invincible one.

Its not about deferring, its about the system.

ITs why they are nowhere near as good when Steph is out. Steph is the system, but Durant is the better player.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Its not about deferring, its about the system.

ITs why they are nowhere near as good when Steph is out. Steph is the system, but Durant is the better player.

I think you have to consider the fact that Durant bring the ball up or catching the ball on the wing and then driving at his defender or posting up on the elbow and creating a look for himself or a kick out to Curry or Thompson behind the line is a major part of their system now.  And floating him around on the weakside to protect the rim is a major part of their defense now too.  They're changed from the team they were in 2014-2016.  They don't win as many regular season games, but they're better and more versatile and Durant is the biggest reason why.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think you have to consider the fact that Durant bring the ball up or catching the ball on the wing and then driving at his defender or posting up on the elbow and creating a look for himself or a kick out to Curry or Thompson behind the line is a major part of their system now.  And floating him around on the weakside to protect the rim is a major part of their defense now too.  They're changed from the team they were in 2014-2016.  They don't win as many regular season games, but they're better and more versatile and Durant is the biggest reason why.

For sure.

You have to incorporate Durant's strengths into it, but he is nowhere near the playmaker Curry is. That is with and without the ball.

The system is still largely dependent on Steph. Steph got the same looks in game 4 as he got in game 3. He makes those shots, the Warriors beat the Cavs by 20 in game 3.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Frankly, GS coming out of nowhere is cosmic justice. He probably thought he was gonna win 6 or 7 titles. Chump.

I love LeBron, but this is exactly what he aimed to do in Cleveland. He thought he would go on a run of rings because of Kyrie and Love and he got one. And that one was being fortunate enough to take advantage of Golden State's injuries and Draymond's suspension.

No hate either, but thats just the real

• Like 1

I don't think LeBron can win a ring against the Warriors by going to the Lakers and recruiting Paul George.  Odds are a little better if he can get CP3 there instead, but that will be tougher for LA to pull off financially, and honestly, CP3 is probably starting to decline.

Philly is the only good team that can get max contract room without letting a star player go.  And I just don't see them being the right fit for LeBron.  Embiid is probably pretty close to being ready to be a true running mate.  But the truth is he is still immature and a pretty dumb player and his health is spotty.  Ben Simmons is a much smarter player, but he's nowhere near being ready to be a sidekick on a true contender.  And if LeBron went there, he would absolutely stunt Simmons's growth.

And to max out LeBron, Philly would have to let some good role players go.

For Houston to sign LeBron to a max, they'd have to release CP3's cap hold.  Maybe Capella's too, because someone is going to offer him quite a bit of coin and Houston could have their cap space tied up with him.

And it goes without saying that he will never win another ring in Cleveland.  That team is at a dead end and needs to start over and build for the future.

Let's be real: we're in a situation where LeBron's ONLY decent shot at winning another ring is to sign a submax deal with one of a couple multi-All Star teams that already have a pre-built foundation of role players.  And that is probably going to necessitate signing for the MLE, because most of the best options don't have any cap space.

1 - I think it would be absolutely hilarious if he signed in Boston for the MLE, but I hope that doesn't happen.

2 - I think it's certainly possible that he could sign in Houston for the MLE.

But most interestingly:

3 - The Wizards are a sneaky great option for him if he's willing to stoop to signing the MLE to win.  John Wall is a worthy running mate for him and we've already got the shooters in hand in Beal and Porter.  We've got the role players and running mates he needs, and we definitely need him.  I also think we've got the right coach for him in Brooks.  We just don't have the money for him.

This is the real test to see if LeBron wants to win rings, or if he wants to make money and eventually buy the Cavs.  The MLE is only going to be about 9 million next year, he'd have to walk away from almost 27 million dollars just to have a chance a winning a ring.  That is a pretty crazy amount of money to sacrifice, and I'm not sure I'd do it.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He's one of the few with enough dough to do it. But the message it sends would be interesting. You can only go so low in earning as a top tier 1 % player. He would have to be obsessed beyond all reason. Hes never struck me as that type of cat.

Yeah, it's a status thing more than a money consideration.  Being the sixth highest paid player on a team like the Wizards would be demeaning.  It's one thing for Paul Pierce in his last year of usefulness to do it, but LeBron is sill an MVP player.

It's probably better for his brand to try and sell false hope in LA or stay in Cleveland for at least another year.

Or another option is to collude with CP3 to work out some kind of under the table deal with the Rockets where they release CP3's cap hold and they split Houston's cap space.  That'd probably get them both to like 13 million each next year, but it'd necessitate letting Ariza and Capela walk.  But the optics of taking a huge paycut to play with his buddy for a winner look better if CP3 is doing it with him.

I definitely think  surprise is coming. My guess is either Utah, Washington, or LA, which frankly makes no sense, but whatever. If he can drag that sorry ass team and keep a lot of these games fairly close in spots before implosion, he can lead Ball, Kuzma, Randle, etc to some big things, even in the West. And he'll be able to relax more, and not have to be Ascended Super Saiyan God Goku.

But it will all be predicated on him making unprecedented contract decisions. Thats the only way he will have a chance wherever he lands, I guess

He said last night his family is going to be a big part of his decision. 

He is going to go to LA and play the final chapter of his career on the leagues premier franchise on playoff teams with his friends and where his family can live and be happy. And maybe if injuries or a perfect storm happen he can make another finals run. 

He wants to be a billionaire. LA makes sense for a ton of reasons. I think he’s done proving himself. He can make money, play on good to great teams and have a happy life, Star in some movies and ride off into the sunset 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He said last night his family is going to be a big part of his decision. 

He is going to go to LA and play the final chapter of his career on the leagues premier franchise on playoff teams with his friends and where his family can live and be happy. And maybe if injuries or a perfect storm happen he can make another finals run. 

He wants to be a billionaire. LA makes sense for a ton of reasons. I think he’s done proving himself. He can make money, play on good to great teams and have a happy life, Star in some movies and ride off into the sunset 

I'll go into cardiac arrest from laughter if he goes to the Clippers because he wants nothing to do with Lavar and Lonzo's  traumatic jumper 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is a farce and if it stays like this, it's going to make a Hockey fan out of me.

LeBron needs to come to DC.

I like football, basketball, baseball and hockey, and hell I even have an appreciation for how hard it is to drive a car at 200MPH with no space.

I will say this though, if you join the bandwagon you'll be refreshed to watch a sport where grown men don't parade around like whiny candy asses when someone taps them on the wrist. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It would be such a great troll move for LeBron to come to DC and beat Durant in a Final and cement Durant as a Judas.  I would enjoy the hell out of that ride even if LeBron left the franchise in a smoking ruin.

OH boy, I can tell you're really entertaining this idea of Lebron2DC.