Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

it took a once in a lifetime freak occurrence for KD to goto the Warriors.

You realize that will never happen again? Its not the norm.

If we saw a high profile free agent join the best team in the league every year, I would see the problem. We aren't because it never happens.

I agree.  I dont think people appreciate what it took for that to happen in GS.  

GS signed one free agent and the system is broken.  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

One can only hope SAS is just talking out his ass again. Absolutely nothing good will come of that happening.  LeBron is already shown he's willing to break hearts to get what he wants.

He's a lot of things, but suicidal isn't one of them. He is a Mount Olympus Hall of Famer, and his legacy is largely set. Losses to the Monstars won't change it all that much. Joining them and destroying this universe undoubtedly will. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You still got beer in your cooler from the Heatles, I don't expect you care : )

I don't drink beer... I like a fine merlot ?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The profoundly mediocre Redskins have a better chance of beating the Patriots on any given Sunday than any team has of beating the Warriors in a playoff series. 

The Rockets took them to 7, were up 3-2, missing their second best player for Game 6 and 7, and it took a historical meltdown for GS to win in 7. 

I mean, they just had to 4 for 27 from 3 during that stretch and they're in the Finals.  

GS escaped.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

it took a once in a lifetime freak occurrence for KD to goto the Warriors.

You realize that will never happen again? Its not the norm.

If we saw a high profile free agent join the best team in the league every year, I would see the problem. We aren't because it never happens.

Keep telling yourself that while there's rumors of LeBron going to GS.  Without a hard cap, what's to stop him? 

I've brought up multiple different issues in regards to parity and you sound like it's not just impossible but not even worth trying. How you gonna be a Wizards fan and just accept that? Hard cap, small market teams not having something like a franchise tag, I've already addressed how this is not some freak occurrence, they are going over the luxury tax, that''s easy. 

This coagulation of superstars via free agency is just getting started.  You think anyone wants to try that in toronto, or utah, or even dc? I don't understand why you don't even want to try, do you even care?

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Keep telling yourself that while there's rumors of LeBron going to GS.  Without a hard cap, what's to stop him? 

I've brought up multiple different issues in regards to parity and you sound like it's not just impossible but not even worth trying. How you gonna be a Wizards fan and just accept that? Hard cap, small market teams not having something like a franchise tag, I've already addressed how this is not some freak occurrence, they are going over the luxury tax, that''s easy. 

This coagulation of superstars via free agency is just getting started.  You think anyone wants to try that in toronto, or utah, or even dc? I don't understand why you don't even want to try, do you even care?

LeBron is not going to Golden State. 

And the luxury tax tax is what will stop the Warriors from doing that as they would probably be paying 100 million a season. It’s not happening.

The Wizards is a terribly ran organization and has been since Wes Unseld retired. Nothing a salary cap or parity will save.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

LeBron is not going to Golden State. 

And the luxury tax tax is what will stop the Warriors from doing that as they would probably be paying 100 million a season. It’s not happening.

The Wizards is a terribly ran organization and has been since Wes Unseld retired. Nothing a salary cap or parity will save.

You need to read some more about what GS is doing from a luxury tax standpoint, they've already made clear that they don't care.

I see have zero expectations for the Wizards, that why you don't care about ideas for parity. Them not being able to get out of bad contracts like the NFL can has us stuck in hell, as it does to other teams.

You can laugh about LeBron going to GS if yall want, laugh when Gainnis leaves, same way some of yall don't care that Hayward left Utah.  Every example, every hint, there's an exception or reason to keep things the way they are where 26-28 teams can't compete with 2-4, but for what reason? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

The profoundly mediocre Redskins have a better chance of beating the Patriots on any given Sunday than any team has of beating the Warriors in a playoff series. 

Wouldn't you admit that both chances aren't good chances all things considered? You still would watch the Redskins game wouldn't you?

Once again, again lol... My whole point was NEVER about parity, it was more about just watching some good basketball. Which I believed I saw last night.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No ones laughing. Just think it's not gonna happen, is all.

I don't think LeBron is going to GS, either.  Not gonna happen, that or anything to change the parity issue?  Changing the parity issue starts with people actually wanting that or caring about that, otherwise, you are correct, it will never happen.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I don't think LeBron is going to GS, either.  Not gonna happen, that or anything to change the parity issue?  Changing the parity issue starts with people actually wanting that or caring about that, otherwise, you are correct, it will never happen.

I'd like to see more parity and definitely a hard cap.  But I don't think it will ever happen either, at least not for a really long time.  I also acknowledge the KD situation was really just the perfect storm in one off season that most likely won't happen again.  But implementing a hard salary cap, getting rid of luxury tax, etc. could help prevent the creation of future super teams, or at least make it a lot harder to do.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

This isn't a minor point.  Let's look at this season for example and change the following things:  Durant stays in OKC.  Kyrie and Hayward stay healthy.  If that happened are we having a discussion about the NBA not being competitive right now?  I doubt it.  I'm not sure the Warriors make the finals and I'm fairly certain Boston would have annihilated Cleveland.  The move that broke the NBA was Durant joining a Championship team. 

The super team before Golden State wasn't so super.  Miami lost as many finals as it won, and really escaped with a title against the Spurs.  They played three different teams in the finals in four tries.  Hard to argue that's a league that isn't competitive.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'd like to see more parity and definitely a hard cap.  But I don't think it will ever happen either, at least not for a really long time.  I also acknowledge the KD situation was really just the perfect storm in one off season that most likely won't happen again.  But implementing a hard salary cap, getting rid of luxury tax, etc. could help prevent the creation of future super teams, or at least make it a lot harder to do.  

Ya, this is one of those that's going to be hard for me to to let go, like try to figure out who get how I feel about this to type level.  I've thrown out some ideas, some even I don't like, but a hard cap I agree is a realistic and reasonable start. 

Everytime I bring up the KD thing it's meet with "well it was crazy how they got that team for him to come to to begin with", no they are annihilating the luxury cap right now.  There's nothing to stop another team down the road that gets good some other way to steal away a star player from a smaller market mid-level team and make another superteam.  Franchises like my Wizards or Memphis,we don't stand a chance against that, why I was so thankful Wall came back, there's no way we coulda stopped him from leaving if he really wanted to. 

Teams like my Wizards, Ted is only going to deal with luxury tax so much because the stadium issue he's trying to iron out. People saying everyone had a chance at KD is disingenuous at best, he wanted to win, so he was only going to go where he felt he could, and had to go to a team that could either afford him under the cap or afford to go over as far as it needed to.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I agree.  I dont think people appreciate what it took for that to happen in GS.  

4th year in a row these two teams met in finals, that's never happened before. And before you say Cavs might not be back, Warriors will, different type of broken, but this has been broken.

Frankly I think what Philly did is far more damaging, for many reasons, one being that many people seem to be perfectly okay with it. 

Everyone wants to win big, so everyone goes broke. Everyone strives to put their best foot forward and fight for a future, a winning culture is born, fanbases grow,  front offices start to srabilize, cities start becoming more appealing destinations for players, players start migrating to those cities, the league balances out, gm's have more leeway to take charge and put their mark on a roster, the waved one and done rule allows for more seasoned players Etc, etc.

Teams like the Warriors would eventually fade away on their own.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

They finally fired Colangelo.  It was obvious that the claims the author of the Ringer article made were true and it was obvious that the only way forward was the fire him.

This is actually a pretty good opportunity for them to find a better GM.  That's an appealing job now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If the Wizards weren’t trash maybe KD would have considered signing there. 

You're west coast so I don't expect you to have caught this, but KD completely changed his tune in regards to KD2DC after a fatal mistake by our gm. 

During KD''s last game in DC as member of the thunder, ernie put KD in a Wizards jersey on the jumbotron in the middle of the GD game.

Durant called it disrespectful to him and the team the Wizards already had, whom he had a lot of respect for.  Even Wall and Beal said the same thing. When it was clear during the offseason Durant wanted nothing to do with Ernie, our owner got petty in his blog. 

Durant hates our front office and so do we.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If the Wizards weren’t trash maybe KD would have considered signing there. 

I would've hated to see him him Wall and Beal try to send poison assassin's  to each other at the team hotel before games or something...