Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

They tried that at the end. And it didn't work.  Iggy just kept coming back to set the screen until once his man wasn't able to stay with him off the screen.

They switch like idiots, that doesn't help.  LeBron can't stop Durant one on one, and I never got the vibe he felt he needed to.  Either he's exhausted or he's mentally checked out.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

They switch like idiots, that doesn't help.  LeBron can't stop Durant one on one, and I never got the vibe he felt he needed to.  Either he's exhausted or he's mentally checked out.

I'm talking about when they didn't switch.  There were several possessions near the end of the game where they tried not to switch and they kept just re-setting the pick until the person setting the pick got free. 

I think reality has finally set in. They have no shot. They never had a shot. They never will have a shot. GS  is just toying with them. One or two of them have to play like ass for Cleveland to have even a glimmer of hope

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

tenor.gif

Totally caught me asleep at the wheel there. Read that too fast and saw "Competitive"

Yep, bout as competitive as as Majin Buu getting bounced and blasted, sliced in half, and catching super kamehameha waves and ****. But in the end, all he wanted was some snacks, and when no snacks were to be found, everybody died...

I'll fight all of you

Fight me, can you reach me at 5’3?

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

I'm talking about when they didn't switch.  There were several possessions near the end of the game where they tried not to switch and they kept just re-setting the pick until the person setting the pick got free. 

I feel like you're talking about how no matter what the Cavs did, GS could get somebody open.  I'm talking about LeBron staying on Durant like white on rice no matter what.  You sound like you are saying that's not realistic, but trying and other people scoring I'll take if splash bros aren't splashing. Durant just had his playoff career high, and it looks like there's absolutely nothing LeBron could do about it. Nothing.

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He just had another top 5 player, one of the best European players ever at that point and the best rebounder in the modern era that was also a great defender. His team was stacked. They won 55 games without him and then added Jordan and the next year Rodman 

The 94-95 team in which Jordan came back at the end was 8 wins worse than the prior year and finished the regular season with 47 wins. 

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is a complete and total exploitation of the system, NBA needs a franchise tag, this is nonsense.

It’s not an exploitation of the system when about 15 different unlikely things all had to happen perfectly for even the chance for KD to join the Warriors to be possible

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I know nothing about basketball, but I have heard that the result of tonight's game means I get a free taco.  Can anyone confirm?  It's important...  :cheers:

I have no idea, but if it's Taco Bell, I suggest going in your backyard/parking lot and finding some dirt, put it on some bread, add water and hot sauce. More filling/unlimited supply

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel like you're talking about how no matter what the Cavs did, GS could get somebody open.  I'm talking about LeBron staying on Durant like white on rice no matter what.  You sound like you are saying that's not realistic, but trying and other people scoring I'll take if splash bros aren't splashing. Durant just had his playoff career high, and it looks like there's absolutely nothing LeBron could do about it. Nothing.

At the end of the game, they had Lebron guard KD on several straight possessions.  And each time they set multiple picks and Lebron stayed with him.  One turned into an Iggudula dunk as Iggudula slipped the screen and lost his man in the process, and the other time, I think, it turned into the Curry 3.

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s not an exploitation of the system when about 15 different unlikely things all had to happen perfectly for even the chance for KD to join the Warriors to be possible

Let me be clear, I was fine with most of what GS did to get to the point before KD showed up.  I'm on the fence on how they dealt with Curry early in his career, nothing compared to The Process, not going to go there with them.  Adding Kerr was awesome, solid, championship level decision right there. If THAT team was still here winning rings, fine, kudos.  But they added an MVP to a 73 win team.  That is not 15 unlikely things happening in a row, that is one single unacceptable event and cannot be allowed to happen again.

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

At the end of the game, they had Lebron guard KD on several straight possessions.  And each time they set multiple picks and Lebron stayed with him.  One turned into an Iggudula dunk as Iggudula slipped the screen and lost his man in the process, and the other time, I think, it turned into the Curry 3.

What does that have to do with KD having 43 points (which is specifically what I'm talking about)?  Where was LeBron on KD's 3 that basically ended that game?

Edited by Renegade7

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What does that have to do with KD having 43 points (which is specifically what I'm talking about)?  Where was LeBron on KD's 3 that basically ended that game?

KD had 43 points because they switched the picks and KD made tough shots, but if they don't switch the pick, then somebody else just gets even easier baskets.  KD hit a lot of hard shots (which he's going to do a lot because he's a great basketball player), but your other option ends up being things like Iggy dunks and open 3's for their shooters if you don't switch the pick.

GS wants to play a ball movement game.  They aren't as good as a team when you force them into playing iso basketball, and as a team, you actually have a better chance of winning the game.

(And that's what Jackson and JVG don't seem to understand, and it was funny how they complained about how the Cavs switched the pick the whole game, and then when with the game on the line, they didn't and GS turned into easy baskets and they were quite.

Now, where I will agree with JVG and Jackson is that they have to be smarter and certainly with some lineups, you have to help more on KD when he gets (near) the paint.  When he drives anybody that isn't guarding a shooter needs to collapse.

But realistically, if you can force GS into playing iso basketball and force KD to take tough shots and control everybody else, that's the best you can hope for.  And that's what the Cavs did tonight.  The Cavs have played 2 good games.  Tonight, KD made tough shots.  In game 1 he didn't and the Cavs should have won.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1