Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hang on.

The Rockets went up 3-2 on the Warriors and people think they would have won were Chris Paul not injured. (I don't but it happened)

That was 2 weeks ago. Now it is a snooze fest.

Personally, I never thought the Rockets were going to win - Chris Paul or no Chris Paul.  Lebron knew going into this series that they didn't have a chance, just like the rest of the world did.  Really makes the regular season a snoozefest when you know what's inevitable come June.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Rockets weren't up 3-2 on the Warriors, and up by 17 points in game 6 and 15 in game 7? 

Ultra-irrelevant, still lost the series.  What if Warriors more consistent?  I don't like this game, let's not do this.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Haha seeing this post for the first time AFTER the game and him going 1/10, I don't know if people would be happy or disappointed.

I was disappointed :ols:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

You musty hate watching TV and Movies then... I always know what's going to happen, for me it's the how. I knew a bunch of bammas would die in Infinity War... I watched because I wanted to know how it happened.

Sure, it does suck that the Warriors are that good. I want to see the Wizards ball like this... They had their chance. If they played better, they could be playing against the Warriors, and probably giving the Warriors a run for their money too... It didn't happen though and I've accepted that.

Comparing scripted TV to a live sporting event? Um, maybe not the best comparison for a couple obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Comparing scripted TV to a live sporting event? Um, maybe not the best comparison for a couple obvious reasons. 

It's an accurate comparison because it's all entertainment...

I can say the same for a Redskin vs Patriot game... Sure, the Redskins might have a decent shot of winning, but we all know what's going to happen.

Doesn't make the game any less enjoyable for me.

2 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

Y'all sitting here whining and complaining... if y'all really didn't like it, you would just stop watching it altogether. lol

I basically have stopped watching. I used to enjoy it a lot more.  

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I can say the same for a Redskin vs Patriot game... Sure, the Redskins might have a decent shot of winning, but we all know what's going to happen.

It's not an accurate comparison cause one is scripted and one is not. I know what happens at the end of Avengers Infinity War cause of an already written comic book. I didn't know what was going to happen when the Eagles played the Patriots. 

GS vs the NBA is like Serena vs Sharapova. Everyone knows the outcome so there is no drama. 

7 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

That's like comparing pokemon to blackjack because they are both technically card games.  Your definition of what's entertaining is different then mine then. Everything is not supposed to be going according to plan in sports, that's why they have terms lie "on paper".  I do not enjoy TV or movies that are incredibly predictable, and I have lost count the number of games the Skins won they were supposed to.

I guess it just comes down to me completely not caring who wins... I just like watching basketball...

And I know last night, I saw one of the greatest basketball performances I've ever seen and it ended with a three-point dagger and a cold stare into the crowd.

THAT'S the type of stuff I'm talking about and like to see.
And, I can't remember who it was who said it, and someone else mentioned it again today... The NBA doesn't care about parity, they want star power.

That Pistons vs Spurs Final was horrible. Rating wise and excitement wise, but to me, that sounds like the type of "drama" y'all wanna see.

2 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

And I know last night, I saw one of the greatest basketball performances I've ever seen and it ended with a three-point dagger and a cold stare into the crowd.

How long have you been watching the NBA?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I guess it just comes down to me completely not caring who wins...  

That Pistons vs Spurs Final was horrible. Rating wise and excitement wise, but to me, that sounds like the type of "drama" y'all wanna see.

Still not getting it. I do care who wins even if you don't.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I want to see true competitiveness, where every season a third of the league's fanbases can have a reasonable expectation of a chance at a title.

I don't understand why this is such an unreasonable request.  

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not unreasonable... I'm just saying that as of now, we don't have it. So instead of being disappointed in not getting what everyone wants, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

Hersh can deny it all he wants, what KD did was really impressive. He was extremely efficient on both the offense and defensive ends.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Me neither.  The other three major revenue American team sports comes pretty close to that standard.  The NBA is so far behind when it comes to this, and it has been for most of its history.  The league acts like it's a small time novelty act instead of trusting that it can grow strong and profitable fan bases in markets all over the country (and in Canada).  Basketball is a great sport and a ton of people play it.  It has cross racial/economic appeal.  You could build a great franchise in a place like Kansas City if you wanted, provided that franchise has the ability to truly compete.  But the NBA's rules and player acquisition system actively kill off broad competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

43 points, 15 Rebounds, 7 Assists and another dagger and you don't think that was impressive?

Can you point to where I said it wasn't impressive or that it wasn't a great performance? 

Anything KD does is downgraded to me cause he joined an all-time great team that he couldn't but should've beat. I don't really blame him nor GS, but that doesn't mean they didn't collectively ruin the NBA and render the entire regular season and playoffs meaningless with the exception of maybe one series.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hersh said:

Can you point to where I said it wasn't impressive or that it wasn't a great performance?

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How long have you been watching the NBA?

Right there. You were trying to discredit me by asking me when I started watching as if I don't know what is and what isn't good basketball.

Once again, I don't know why y'all are complaining? This is nothing new. There's literally been a dynasty every decade since I've been born and every decade before it. Now, it's the Warriors turn and it's up to the rest of the NBA to catch up. That's probably what keeps the NBA going to be honest... Everyone wants to see who can take down the giant.

Especially after last night's game. I just felt like regardless of how it happened, who's a snake, who's a traitor, who needed who, the game was actually a pretty decent game.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Your "How long have you been watching basketball" comment, whether joking or whatever, strongly implies that you do not find it all that impressive. Your next comment that you believe KD' s personal achievements to be basically be hollow as a result of him joining GS, lends further credence to that assumption.

• Like 1