Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

It's not unreasonable... I'm just saying that as of now, we don't have it. So instead of being disappointed in not getting what everyone wants, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

Hersh can deny it all he wants, what KD did was really impressive. He was extremely efficient on both the offense and defensive ends.

The lack of parity negates it for people this issue matters to. 

You've gone from "stop whinning" to "idk care who wins" to "please, sir, I'd like some more" mess like Oliver Twist up in this discussion.  No major change in history happened because people were fine with the way things were, that's not how change works. 

If it bothers you, make it clear, it comes across like it doesn't, which I don't understand why anyone feels is equal to or greater then it mattering.  Goal of NBA is entertainment, goal of basketball is to win.  NBA will become less entertaining if pretty much nobody wins.  This will catch up to them if they don't do something.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Your "How long have you been watching basketball" comment, whether joking or whatever, strongly implies that you do not find it all that impressive. Your next comment that you believe KD' s personal achievements to be basically be hollow as a result of him joining GS, lends further credence to that assumption.

This too Hersh... My bad if that's not what you meant, but it seemed like it...

Wait a minute... Aren't you a Cavs fan Hersh?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

The lack of parity negates it for people this issue matters to. 

You've gone from "stop whinning" to "idk care who wins" to "please, sir, I'd like some more" mess like Oliver Twist up in this discussion.  No major change in history happened because people were fine with the way things were, that's not how change works. 

If it bothers you, make it clear, it comes across like it doesn't, which I don't understand why anyone feels is equal to or greater then it mattering.  Goal of NBA is entertainment, goal of basketball is to win.  NBA will become less entertaining if pretty much nobody wins.  This will catch up to them if they don't do something.

Yes I would like y'all to stop whining, but that's only because I feel like no wanted to talk about just how good KD was yesterday, and yes I would like to see more basketball. It sucks that this series might end on Friday, but it is what it is.

As for why it doesn't bother me... It's because it's what I'm used to.
In the 90's, the Bulls and Rockets won 8 out of the 10 championships. The Pistons won in 90 I think and the Spurs won in 1999... Then in the 2000's they won three more and the Lakers won 5. At least in the 2010s so far, there's been 6 (Lakers, Mavs, Heat, Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs I think) teams to win a championship.

For me, I feel like until they get a hard cap in the NBA, and limit the games during the season, we will never see true parity in the NBA.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Ultra-irrelevant, still lost the series.  What if Warriors more consistent?  I don't like this game, let's not do this.

I am not playing a what if game tho?

I am telling you exactly what happened. The Warriors were in a 7 game series and were down double digits in 2 elimination games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

Yes I would like y'all to stop whining, but that's only because I feel like no wanted to talk about just how good KD was yesterday, and yes I would like to see more basketball. It sucks that this series might end on Friday, but it is what it is.

As for why it doesn't bother me... It's because it's what I'm used to.

For me, I feel like until they get a hard cap in the NBA, and limit the games during the season, we will never see true parity in the NBA.

It's a discussion forum, though.  Just because that's the way things have been doesn't mean that's the way they should stay.  I think it will take more then that to get parity, but again, the whole point of a message board is to talk about stuff like that.  I gave KD credit during the game, its Thursday now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am not playing a what if game tho?

I am telling you exactly what happened. The Warriors were in a 7 game series and were down double digits in 2 elimination games.

Like teams don't go down double digits in elimination games, what, that's supposed to be impossible even for a super team?  And less then 20 is nothing in regards to a professional basketball team at that stage of the playoffs, especially one that can rain threes like your making selections at a vending machine.

You talking about "what if" with CP3 is countered by "what if" with Iggy being out.  What if GS played up to their potential for entire games except when they're worried they might lose (like we saw in the playoffs last year). 

People predicted Warriors-Cavs in the finals with a likely sweep before the season started, when's the last time a superbowl prediction in August was that well acknowledged and then correct?  Baseball?  Hockey?

33 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Right there. You were trying to discredit me by asking me when I started watching as if I don't know what is and what isn't good basketball.

Once again, I don't know why y'all are complaining? This is nothing new. There's literally been a dynasty every decade since I've been born and every decade before it. Now, it's the Warriors turn and it's up to the rest of the NBA to catch up. That's probably what keeps the NBA going to be honest... Everyone wants to see who can take down the giant.

Especially after last night's game. I just felt like regardless of how it happened, who's a snake, who's a traitor, who needed who, the game was actually a pretty decent game.

Defensive much?

I never saw guys in the 70s play so the great performances I’ve seen don’t cover certain eras. Some people never saw games Jordan played in or basketball from the 80s so it just adding context.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

@Renegade7you're really going to hate me for this...

I shared this yesterday:

With that I shared this:
" I would like to see this. Wizards aren't winning any Championships in the near future... Might as well watch the world burn."

Maybe I like the chaos... I don't know. lol

It's not your fault if that happens, its Silver's.  Is this with them keeping Klay or getting him off the books?  Anybody who supports LeBron joining GS as well is more then welcome to say so.  I'd like to see where you line is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not your fault if that happens, its Silver's.  Is this with them keeping Klay or getting him off the books?  Anybody who supports LeBron joining GS as well is more then welcome to say so.  I'd like to see where you line is.

There is no line. There's never been a line... I honestly don't know why the NBA has always had these dynasties come out of nowhere. I do feel like something needs to be done with salary cap structure.

Also feel like owners are responsible too. For example, it's CLEAR that Grunfiled (I hope I spelled it wrong) is not a great GM at all. He silently gets an extension and I'm supposed to get upset with the lack of parity when moves like that are being made for my team? lol Especially when I see teams like Boston and Philadelphia actually find ways to build teams that can actually start competing with Golden State as soon as next season...

10 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Maybe, but Sin saw it the same way. That's why I said my bad if I misunderstood it.

But I also ask if you're a Cavs fan? If you are, everything you says has Roger Federer size spin on it. lol

I’m not a Cavs fan. Wizards sorta still though just tired of EG being there. I’m totally an old man get off my lawn type though with what has happened to some sports. I grew up in the DC area watching Georgetown and their run of great big men. I miss that aspect of the game for example. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hersh said:

I’m not a Cavs fan. Wizards sorta still though just tired of EG being there. I’m totally an old man get off my lawn type though with what has happened to some sports. I grew up in the DC area watching Georgetown and their run of great big men. I miss that aspect of the game for example. 

You know what really pisses me off, teams switching off of everything now. I'm so glad it happened last night with LeBron... Maybe people will see how stupid it is and start teaching how to fight through a screen.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Stop making excuses for this nonsense, it does NOT matter how that team was built up to the point KD showed up. 

The point is they added an MVP to a 73 win team,

It 100% matters how the team was built because otherwise a 70-win team isn’t going to have a back to back mvp all time great player on such a cheap contract and be able to add Kevin Durant. It’s not something that is likely to ever happen again due to the circumstances around why it was able to happen in the first place. 

Golden State got extremely lucky in a lot of ways for them to even be in the KD running. But then again, a lot of other teams had a chance for him too and they blew it. 

Thats not the warriors fault and it’s not something the commissioner needs to step in and stop or control. It was a fluke occurrence

• Like 1

Damn, am I like the only one that isn't taking this as seriously as everyone else? :ols:

My whole mission this Spring was to see LeBron James crumble into dust, hopefully in the 1st round. Since I can't have nice things, I was left to hope that I get a smidgen of a series. Of course the league is in trouble, but I just want to be entertained first and foremost.

This is just Communist brainwashing we're all are falling victim to, some Winter Soldier ****. Just sit in this room right here and repeat after me:

3 MVP's 

Hand down, man down

Curry for the lead! BANG!

Dying hairline 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's a test bite

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It 100% matters how the team was built because otherwise a 70-win team isn’t going to have a back to back mvp all time great player on such a cheap contract and be able to add Kevin Durant. It’s not something that is likely to ever happen again due to the circumstances around why it was able to happen in the first place. 

Golden State got extremely lucky in a lot of ways for them to even be in the KD running. But then again, a lot of other teams had a chance for him too and they blew it. 

Thats not the warriors fault and it’s not something the commissioner needs to step in and stop or control. It was a fluke occurrence

You did not explain how they are still all on the roster even though Curry is making $30+ million this year.  Is 70 wins the threshold?  What about 67? 60?

The only thing they got lucky on was Curry making $12 million the year they singed KD.  Are you seeing what they are paying in regards to luxury tax?  Curry not have Max yet wouldn't of mattered as far over the luxury tax they are showing they are willing to go.  Start with a hard cap if you don't want to do anything else, but this is ridiculous taking about GS didn't have the money, they clearly did and do.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's a test bite

One can only hope SAS is just talking out his ass again. Absolutely nothing good will come of that happening.  LeBron is already shown he's willing to break hearts to get what he wants.

Like teams don't go down double digits in elimination games, what, that's supposed to be impossible even for a super team?  And less then 20 is nothing in regards to a professional basketball team at that stage of the playoffs, especially one that can rain threes like your making selections at a vending machine.

You talking about "what if" with CP3 is countered by "what if" with Iggy being out.  What if GS played up to their potential for entire games except when they're worried they might lose (like we saw in the playoffs last year). 

People predicted Warriors-Cavs in the finals with a likely sweep before the season started, when's the last time a superbowl prediction in August was that well acknowledged and then correct?  Baseball?  Hockey?

Didn't the Warriors lose game 2 of that series by 20 points?

I am not talking about a "what if." I am saying what actually happened. There was a lot of intrigue in the western conference finals and a lot of people did not think the Warriors would advance.

I am not sure what you are even upset about at this point?

I used to watch lots of NBA basketball.  Especially the playoffs. Heck, I'd occasionally stay up for an attractive late night west coast match up. This year I can count on one hand how many NBA games I've watched. When Lebron went to the Heat it was still entertaining. It was fun to hate on them and the playoffs and finals were still competitive. Now what's the point? You KNOW who's going to win. And a great many of the games aren't competitive. It feels like every off season the players get together and join these "super teams" and no one else has a chance in hell. Why can't they just put a franchise tag system in place like the NFL so at least teams can keep that one star player? It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am not sure what you are even upset about at this point?

Then you either aren't listening or don't care what I'm upset about anyway.  There's no parity in the NBA, none.  Cavs curb stomped the Warriors last year in the finals one game, and still lost the series 4-1.  I don't feel like repeating everything I've said today, you might be the only person in here that doesn't get what I'm upset about.  You can either re-read what I've posted or just forget we even had this conversation, up to you, we don't have to agree, doesn't look like we will anyway.  

Then you either aren't listening or don't care what I'm upset about anyway.  There's no parity in the NBA, none.  Cavs curb stomped the Warriors last year in the finals one game, and still lost the series 4-1.  I don't feel like repeating everything I've said today, you might be the only person in here that doesn't get what I'm upset about.  You can either re-read what I've posted or just forget we even had this conversation, up to you, we don't have to agree, doesn't look like we will anyway.  

The NBA only had parity in the 70s, in its history. That period no one talks about.

That also probably happened due to the ABA.

In a sport where one player can dramatically influence a result, you are not going to have parity. This conversation has taken place a million times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The NBA only had parity in the 70s, in its history. That period no one talks about.

That also probably happened due to the ABA.

In a sport where one player can dramatically influence a result, you are not going to have parity. This conversation has taken place a million times.

I disagree and that discussion has been had a million times as well.  Little stuff like a hard cap instead of a soft cap stops KD going to GS, don't even need a panel like I was talking about.  This isn't the 70s, this is going to backfire if it stays on present course in the 21st century.

4 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

It's an accurate comparison because it's all entertainment...

I can say the same for a Redskin vs Patriot game... Sure, the Redskins might have a decent shot of winning, but we all know what's going to happen.

Doesn't make the game any less enjoyable for me.

The profoundly mediocre Redskins have a better chance of beating the Patriots on any given Sunday than any team has of beating the Warriors in a playoff series. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I disagree and that discussion has been had a million times as well.  Little stuff like a hard cap instead of a soft cap stops KD going to GS, don't even need a panel like I was talking about.  This isn't the 70s, this is going to backfire if it stays on present course in the 21st century.

it took a once in a lifetime freak occurrence for KD to goto the Warriors.

You realize that will never happen again? Its not the norm.

If we saw a high profile free agent join the best team in the league every year, I would see the problem. We aren't because it never happens.

• Like 1