Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Did you really say Wall and Beal aren't stars? Beal...I mean if you wanna see he has to show more of what he showed in the playoffs, maybe but not Wall

Wall is legit. Only PG id take over him is CP3.

You know you're my guy Bubble but I gotta disagree here

I do kinda love Lance tho

(Can't believe I just complemented CP3...hate that clown) lol

Wall and Beal aren't stars. And Pierce is a fossil. You guys have no more star power than Charlotte. Jefferson was arguably the top center in the league last year.

Well, Beal certainly isn't.  People tend to think potential is the same as production.  

I do think Wall is getting there.    He's a legit stud.

Did you really say Wall and Beal aren't stars? Beal...I mean if you wanna see he has to show more of what he showed in the playoffs, maybe but not Wall

Wall is legit. Only PG id take over him is CP3.

You know you're my guy Bubble but I gotta disagree here

I do kinda love Lance tho

(Can't believe I just complemented CP3...hate that clown) lol

They absolutely are not stars. Up and coming stars? Possibly.

You wouldn't take Westbrook or Curry over Wall? Lol

Edited by Bubble Screen

Okay I had a long day at work...but besides those two, I'd take wall lol

My brain collapsed for a second my bad lol

Damn, I love it when a good poster owns up to a mistake.    It's almost like we can have civilized discourse in the Tailgate sometimes.

py7xMse.gif

6. Miami (Don't count on Wade to play more than 50 games this season. Bosh is going to go back to his Toronto days and average a solid 24-25 ppg but

he can't do it by himself. Deng is on the decline and has too many injury concerns to last long term. Bench is non existent.)

Figuring out where to put Miami is tough.  6th seed is as good of a guess as I can make, but they'll probably be around .500.

But I'll dispute Bosh averaging 24-25.  His highest scoring average was 5 seasons ago, averaging 24.0 in Toronto.  So we'll say that's his peak.  He was helped by the Raptors having a team stacked with 3pt shooters.  Even the team's PF, Bargnani, hit 3's at a very good rate.  Bargnani made 121 three's that season.  So Bosh had a lot of nice room to work his moves without extra defensive attention.

Who will he have in Miami who can hit 3's?

Not Deng.  Not Wade.  Granger is usually hurt, and he didn't shoot well last season.  Norris Cole shoots only 34.5%, and that was with Lebron sagging defenses towards him.  Mario Chalmers can hit the 3 reliably, but only in the corners.  Elsewhere along the arc his % plummets.

The only decent 3pt shooter they have, who can hit from the tougher spots around the arc, is Josh McRoberts.

Where is Bosh's room to work going to come from?  Where's his spacing?  He's not going to average 24 points a game.

Do you honestly watch any team but the Wizards? How do you get Jefferson is an "old" vet?

Also, just because a team is swept doesn't mean they played horrible. Most of the playoff games vs the Heat were competitive, despite Jefferson not being 100%.

Al Jefferson has played 8 seasons averaging over 32 MPG. He now has plantar fascitis. Good luck with a big man who has logged heavy minutes and has foot problems. The Bobcats were blown out by double digits in three of the four games. It was honestly one of the most boring playoff series I have ever seen. But yeah sure they were "competitive". I'm sure the pretty new colors will propel you guys into finally winning a playoff game.

Edited by No Excuses

In Toronto Bosh got all of the attention. When Deng and Wade are both on the floor he should get some good looks. The offense is going to run thru him is my guess so he should get a lot more shots now without bron

Deng and Wade are (now) guardable 1 on 1, defenders sag off of them, nobody respects them as 3pt shooters.  The paint is going to be clogged.

He'll have to start chucking, he's not going to hit 20 points a game while averaging the FG%'s he has in the past.  Let alone 24 points a game.  Last season he averaged 16.2 points a game.  He was also assisted on almost 80% of those points, that's a huuuuge amount.

He has seriously benefited from playing on the court with someone that gets as much defensive attention as Lebron.  I wish I could find data for contested shots, but I can't right now.  I bet you, for someone who averaged 16 points a game, a very low number of his shots were contested.  Next season is going to be reeeeaaally tough for him.

Something I've struggled with: Does Durant bringing a title to OKC make it more or less likely he comes home in 2016?

I would say yes, and it seems like most OKC fans feel the same. I think the best shot us Bullets fans have is Durant becomes increasingly frustrated these next two seasons with the same results. No other help but RW, HC is outcoached once again, no viable third scoring option, bounced out the playoffs. I can see him looking elsewhere if this happens. 

They absolutely are not stars. Up and coming stars? Possibly.

You wouldn't take Westbrook or Curry over Wall? Lol

Curry, I'm not sure. Westbrook, yes. Wall is a true PG, he makes his teammates better, neither of the players you mentioned do that. 

And define "star"? What makes a player a star? Making the all-star game? Wall did that. Dominating on a national stage with the whole country watching? Wall and Beal did that. I don't understand what your criteria is. 

Al Jefferson has played 8 seasons averaging over 32 MPG. He now has plantar fascitis. Good luck with a big man who has logged heavy minutes and has foot problems. The Bobcats were blown out by double digits in three of the four games. It was honestly one of the most boring playoff series I have ever seen. But yeah sure they were "competitive". I'm sure the pretty new colors will propel you guys into finally winning a playoff game.

You do realize that LeBron James, the greatest player in the NBA, is a year older than Jefferson and has logged many more minutes?

The injury thing is just a mild concern. Lots of players have overcome it. It's not career-ending as you are making it out to be. Al will be fine.

I do find it ironic that a Wiz fan would be calling another team's players old. Aren't you guys going to be starting a 38 year old SF? And isn't your back up PG about 40? Lol

And you can't look at box scores to determine the level of competitiveness of a game. The fact that a couple of the games were double digit losses is irrelevant to the conversation.. You didn't watch. Just admit it.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Comon guys... Roger Goodell is pissed that we are wasting time on the NBA in July... and the soccer thread people are waiting for us to choose random overseas teams we can root for! NBA predictions in July?

The NBA season will be great because like all sports it will totally be unpredictable (except Spurs and Lebron in the 2nd round at least).

Charlotte did not leave a good impression at the end of last year because #4game

sweep. Wizarda have 2 young guns ballin' out in summer league right now, signed a starting SF, and acquired 2 other pieces adding front court depth. There is a reason Pierce did not go to Charlotte.

To Charlotte's credit, it is team of younger and cheaper salaries and able to make decent FA signings but don't have draft picks balling out in SL, didn't add future HOF, and have not added depth like Washington. Still I think they are 4-6 seed material.

I think Indiana's moves are addition by subtraction.

The only game we really got blown out in was Game 3.  We had horrible quarters in games 1 (fourth) and game 4 (3rd).  I really think with a healthy Jefferson we could have won game 2 and possibly another game.  I certainly don't think we would have been swept.  That's the big problem with the Hornets, no perimeter scoring (which we have addressed in the draft and FA). 

It's not any secret that we had to rely on defense and Big Al to keep us in games and win ball games.  Gotta score points to win ball games.  I think with a healthy Jefferson, addition of Lance and snagging some perimeter scorers in the draft gives us a legitimate shot at a 5 or 4 seed.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Comon guys... Roger Goodell is pissed that we are wasting time on the NBA in July... and the soccer thread people are waiting for us to choose random overseas teams we can root for! NBA predictions in July?

The NBA season will be great because like all sports it will totally be unpredictable (except Spurs and Lebron in the 2nd round at least).

Charlotte did not leave a good impression at the end of last year because #4game

sweep. Wizarda have 2 young guns ballin' out in summer league right now, signed a starting SF, and acquired 2 other pieces adding front court depth. There is a reason Pierce did not go to Charlotte.

To Charlotte's credit, it is team of younger and cheaper salaries and able to make decent FA signings but don't have draft picks balling out in SL, didn't add future HOF, and have not added depth like Washington. Still I think they are 4-6 seed material.

I think Indiana's moves are addition by subtraction.

That's what I'm trying to say, I think we have a legit shot at a 4-5 seed next season.  Everyone is quick to dismiss them as an 8 seed or not even making the playoffs.  They continue to play defense like they did, Al stays healthy and with the additions of some perimeter scoring, it's silly to just write them off.

So most teams get a gold tab? Kind of boring. I'd like a patch only for the current champs and let them add more if they win consecutive titles. If they accumulate 10 they get a free 6 inch sub.

This is what I'd do too. I would love it if the defending champ had some type of mark identifying that in their jersey for the entire next season. Then like you said they could add a back to back patch or something if they won again.

One gold clip on half the league is silly

They need to take it or risk him bolting next year and get nothing.  Love to the Warriors, that would be a nice addition.

NBA needed a franchise tag and blew it when setting up this latest CBA.

I don't see anybody making a legit better offer. If they take a lesser one, I'd be suspicious of what is happening behind the scenes.

I don't see why Charlotte couldn't win the SouthEast.  The Wizards, Miami, Charlotte, and Atlanta all have a fair shot at it now that Lebron is gone.  None of those teams are dominant and it could simply come down to which teams stay healthy.  They all have a decent amount of talent, even if they don't have any superstars.  

Atlanta - Horford, Teague, Millsap

Miami - Bosh, Wade, Deng

Charlotte - Jefferson, Stephenson, Walker 

Washington - Wall, Beal, Gortat, Nene

I don't see why Charlotte couldn't win the SouthEast.  The Wizards, Miami, Charlotte, and Atlanta all have a fair shot at it now that Lebron is gone.  None of those teams are dominant and it could simply come down to which teams stay healthy.  They all have a decent amount of talent, even if they don't have any superstars.  

Atlanta - Horford, Teague, Millsap

Miami - Bosh, Wade, Deng

Charlotte - Jefferson, Stephenson, Walker 

Washington - Wall, Beal, Gortat, Nene

You don't really believe that Atlanta, Miami, or Charlotte are as good as we are do you?  I'm not being a homer, I'm being realistic.  Unless Kevin Love ends up in Cleveland, the Wizards have the best roster in the East this season and it's well built, not gimmicky.  If we don't win the SE, it'd be a disappointment.

Official proposal submitted to competition committee to reform the draft lottery. Not that it matters to a Wizards fan like me, it's about damn time they did something though. Goal seems to be to dissuade teams from tanking:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/

Seems like that Wheel of Fortune idea still has some support too.

I know the lottery has become the source of jokes and conspiracy theories but I like it. I think it adds something. Gives most fans of ****ty franchises a ray of hope, even if just for a night. I mean I remember back in the day when my Wizards sucked, the lottery was arguably the biggest night of the year (cute to look back on and reminiscence. Hang in there Lakers fans, it does get better.)

Anyway, I got a real good feeling about Adam Silver