Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Heat are scary right now.  Chicago is also playing well, and actually playing defense.  If they stay healthy both teams will be tough outs in the post season.

it’s a long season though so we’ll see.

They look like far and away the best team rn.

I agree though, long way to go. 

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m willing to bet that the NBA investigation into the Suns workplace environment is night and day compared to the NFL investigation into the WFT. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Suns owner is forced out. 

Probably, but these leagues still have to be dragged kicking and screaming into investigating. This systemic, cultural problem within one of the league's franchises has been going on for a couple decades, apparently. if the media doesn't expose it, they weren't gonna lift a finger.

S1BYvbX.jpg

what a great photo.  Just think about how far Giannis and Thanasis have come.  These two were broke immigrants selling knickknacks to help their parents make ends meet in Greece…. and here they are walking the halls of a power with the US President being celebrated as champions.  What a marvelous journey.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Don't **** with Nikola Jokic...

I was following the box score and then went to Twitter.  This is the first time I saw the action.  The way it was being described was way worse than it actually was.  Did Morris really go off on a stretcher.  That’s some WWE stuff right there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I was following the box score and then went to Twitter.  This is the first time I saw the action.  The way it was being described was way worse than it actually was.  Did Morris really go off on a stretcher.  That’s some WWE stuff right there.

Yep. I believe the diagnosis was a "bruising of the ego." He's day to day.

And Jimmy Butler is in the middle of it all, and says nothing. But once Jokic is over on the bench Butler starts yelling at him to meet him in the back...

Charmin soft league.

Edited by CRobi21

I don’t know anyone that has ever so much as bounced a basketball that wouldn’t expect retaliation after playing defense like this.

dFKQ8Qz.jpg

Morris just didn’t think Jokic would do anything about it.  Then he went for an Oscar performance.  

Everyone survived and now Jokic gets to play to Morris twins multiple times a year knowing that at least one of them is going to cheap shot him again.  

That contact didn't look that hard but Jokic is a huge body and Keef is such a moron and fake tough guy wannabe enforcer that he was taken completely by surprise and got ragdolled.  His reaction was so lame, you have to fight somebody who hits you like Jokic did.  Or at least put in an honest attempt to fight.  Jimmy Butler wasn't going to do anything either.  He probably had flashbacks to when he tried to fight Nene and for a moment it looked like Nene was going to squeeze his head to death with his bare hands.

32 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He waited until he turned his back?  Morris gave him a cheap shot and ran off.

Ran off? Dude was slowly walking away when Joker retaliated. Not exactly running away. 

😄

Edit..maybe I'm watching something different but the original foul was probably a flagrant 1 at most. Was it called that?

Edit edit..it was a flagrant 2. 

•  

Denver Nuggets star Nikola Jokic could be facing a suspension from the NBA after the league MVP was ejected Monday night with 2 minutes, 39 seconds left in the fourth quarter against the Miami Heat for aggressively blindsiding power forward Markieff Morris from behind in retaliation to a hard foul.

Jokic had rebounded the ball and brought it downcourt when he passed the ball near midcourt. Morris, trying to stop play, gave a hard foul with his left elbow to Jokic's exposed right side as the center was delivering an overhead pass. As Morris walked away, an irate Jokic took a couple of steps and delivered a hard right forearm shove with his weight behind him to Morris' back, sending the Heat forward flying hard to the floor.

Morris was assessed a flagrant foul 2 and Jokic was ejected before the Nuggets took a 113-96 win over Miami. Jokic's retaliation from behind will certainly be reviewed by the NBA, which could levy a suspension and fine.

Edited by The Evil Genius