Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Maybe...hear me out...just maybe....Kawhi was carried by Toronto to the championship last year. Now he's on a team without winners and.....2-2 against Dallas.

(Winter is coming)

Nah, man, Kawhi should be remembered as the dynasty killer he is by ending the Miami and GS runs with his own Finals MVPs. 

Luka deserves respect, but not the same respect yet as someone who's only to get Finals MVP for a team in each conference at least once.

Luka is an example of what he'd inevitably run into coming back west, but doest have the hardware yet.  Thats coming if he keeps this up, its all cute until its obvious they are jus as deadly in the playoffs like he just did (not that I think anyone doubted he would).

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He ain’t a dynasty killer. That’s extreme hyperbole. 

You're no fun.

There's the extreme coincidence of getting it done regardless right place right time, and the speculation of what wouldve happened if he didn't leave San Antonio or Toronto.  

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

KD tore his Achilles and Klay tore his acl. The Miami team was old. He wasn’t even that good against Miami. He was nowhere near the player he was that year compared to last year. 

He wasn't that good and got a Finals MVP? Im not a basketball expert, but I think someone disagrees with you.  If you explain why you feel he shouldn't of got it, ill listen.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You're no fun.

There's the extreme coincidence of getting it done regardless right place right time, and the speculation of what wouldve happened if he didn't leave San Antonio or Toronto.  

He wasn't that good and got a Finals MVP? Im not a basketball expert, but I think someone disagrees with you.  If you explain why you feel he shouldn't of got it, ill listen.

It was an analytics driven MVP, for his defense against James (when he was actually the one guarding him). Someone on the Spurs had to win it, I guess. Hard to single out one person specifically (everyone seemed to go at us). LeBron still averaged close to 30 a game.

He wasn't the current Kawhi Leonard, dominating on both ends. And we were old, tired, and disinterested. So you're both kinda right. 

• Like 1

Porzingas is not really shining like people thought he would.  He doesn’t really dominate like a guy with his skills should.  Obviously I don’t mean today, as he didn’t play.  Watching the mavs he doesn’t feel like a star, more like a really good role player.

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

Porzingas is not really shining like people thought he would.  He doesn’t really dominate like a guy with his skills should.  Obviously I don’t mean today, as he didn’t play.  Watching the mavs he doesn’t feel like a star, more like a really good role player.

Thought he had a good stretch there back in the Winter, but yeah, something isn't right, yet. You would think him and Luka would be a legendary dynamic duo but that hasn't yet come to fruition. They need a bit more help

Porzingis is going to get better the more time passes since his injury. He's an incredible young player.  They've got the stars they need, they need to find the right mix of role players, and they need to get hard earned postseason experience.  And they need to stay healthy, of course.  But that is a potent young foundation for championships that they've built.

The bubble format is really beneficial to them too.  They have such a strong offensive identity that they can just get locked into a rhythm and drain shots like it's practice.  It's not the typical cauldron of emotion that the playoffs usually are.  They have a real chance at upsetting the Clippers when they never would in a normal year.  We could seriously see a Toronto vs Houston or Dallas final because of how weird this format is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thought he had a good stretch there back in the Winter, but yeah, something isn't right, yet. You would think him and Luka would be a legendary dynamic duo but that hasn't yet come to fruition. They need a bit more help

Give it time. Porzingis is special and you can see Doncic is figuring out how to utilize him.  Players like AD and Porzingis are the ultimate finishers but they aren't like the great guards and ball handling forwards of the league.  They need good teammates who are smart and patient and unselfish and willing to play team ball.  They have to thrive within a highly functional system first and foremost, then they get into rhythms and start doing some secondary shot creation.  It takes time to build that kind of system.  The main thing is he just needs to get and stay healthy.  If Pascal Siakam can be the second star on a champion, Porzingis absolutely can.  He's a rich man's version of him.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You're no fun.

He deserved to get it but he wasn't a transcendent player when he beat Miami. Miami Spur KL is nowhere near the player he is today or last year. His offensive game is so much more refined and improved. But the KL from last year wasn't better than LeBron the Warriors faced the previous year. 

I'm not sure who is more impressive, Donovan or Luka. 

• Like 1