Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I read that part as Karl making fun of Jackson for that happening to him in Golden State.

I may be in the minority of folks that aren't a fan of that shot at Mark, which isn't first time I've heard it.  Can Karl say the same or has he ever even had a dynasty of his own? 

I was with him until that one.  If he had a ring to point to as a head coach, I'd find this Twitter dick measuring contest less petty. Can't see where he has, more like 1000 wins and still one of the few that never won one.

Karl said he had trouble with players that didn't have fathers and gets thin skinned about defensive strategies? My opinion totally, but he needs to sit down.

Edited by Renegade7

Very graceless.  Big contrast from the way the league's coaches conduct themselves.  You would not see Nurse or Pop or Spoelstra or the Van Gundies or really any other coach publicly act like that to a colleague.

Drama aside, this is shaping up to be an epic playoff.  The championship has never felt more open than this.  A Miami vs Utah final feels plausible.  Teams with a really strong identity are going to be able to lock in and do what they do well in the sterile competitive environment without fans.  That makes teams like Houston and Dallas really dangerous.

The huge disruption to the normal order created the opportunity for some cool experimentation.  I liked the little mini season play-in stretch, and felt that it could be a really fun reset in a normal year where more players are playing.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Golden State had to die to make this postseason possible.  Worth it.  Hopefully they don't draft the next Tim Duncan and get the dynasty back in track next year.  Or trade for Embiid...

When Giannis leaves the Bucks, and I think he will in the next two season, some team will become unstoppable.  

Didn't know how much I missed Kenny and Ernie and Chuck and Shaq.  They make sports feel normal again.

No wing has the strength and the length to guard Kawhi when he's like this.  Might have to get crazy and put Porzingis on him or something.

Anyone else feeling like the Clippers are Jordan rulesing Doncic?  He needs to calm down and realize he is now above chirping at the Montrezl Harrells of the league.  He's still young and doesn't have his championship poise yet.

• Like 1

Gut punch of a third quarter capped off by that end.  Feels like the Clippers have gotten untracked.  They are good enough to dominate a young team without Paul George.  He is going to have wake the **** up if they make it to round two though.  He is way too good to be playing like such ass.

Edited by stevemcqueen1